Unpopular opinions

Bree Giffen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1550 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

For me, it's feeling able to eat something naturally very salty with an (almost) clear conscience. 

A "clear conscience"?

Will no one take a moment to think about the welfare of this little guy???

672462234_anchovyblank.jpeg.274b0e7ab36287465496f511e7808550.jpeg

Personally, I love the little, friendless anchovy.

On pizza, in pasta, on crackers . . .

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

You know what's good on it's own is the pickled herring with the onions in a jar..

I don't know what it is,but had it when I was little and was hooked ever since..

So were the herring...…….hooked, and also something which rhymes with that...…….9_9

29 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

A "clear conscience"?

Will no one take a moment to think about the welfare of this little guy???

672462234_anchovyblank.jpeg.274b0e7ab36287465496f511e7808550.jpeg

Personally, I love the little, friendless anchovy.

On pizza, in pasta, on crackers . . .

Oh heck, Scylla, you truly made me laugh out loud there.  And just for a moment (the teeniest tiniest of moments) I had a pang of guilt, until I read the rest of your post. Maybe we will all have to atone for our sins of careless chomping on these cute little guys (and I didn't know they looked quite as cute as that, having only seen them as salty slivers in a jar or on a pizza), and have you ever just had them on cheese on toast? I think I may have just had a mouth orgasm just thinking about that. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Where else can one eat heart, lungs, intestines, and other major organs all in one bite? 🤢

I make really good Deer heart..My boys can't get enough of it..

Anytime I'm cooking up Deer they are always asking if I'm making them some heart too..

They like it because it's chewy like gizzard..It's packed with protein also..

They get wired after eating it too..hehehe

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

When I was a small girl, I regularly ate chitterlings and pig bag with salt and pepper and vinegar. Teeny fish offal holds no fear for me. 

I'm afraid to ask what "chitterlings and pig bag" are....i fear some part of my unconscious knows..lol.

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I make really good Deer heart..My boys can't get enough of it..

Anytime I'm cooking up Deer they are always asking if I'm making them some heart too..

They like it because it's chewy like gizzard..It's packed with protein also..

They get wired after eating it too..hehehe

!!!

• Haha 1

Just now, Marigold Devin said:
12 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I'm afraid to ask what "chitterlings and pig bag" are....i fear some part of my unconscious knows..lol.

Hahaha, please don't Google it! Suffice to say, you can eat every part of a pig, except for it's squeak ! 

I won't, although it is helping me forgo breakfast as I attempt my usual intermittent fasting, and I do remember the word "chitlins" associated with intestines...which is awfully similar to chitterlings... :(

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I won't, although it is helping me forgo breakfast as I attempt my usual intermittent fasting, and I do remember the word "chitlins" associated with intestines...which is awfully similar to chitterlings... :(

They smell exactly like intestines too

🤮

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I guess i'm just not going to make it after civilization collapses and we return to hunter gatherers...lol

Organ meats are a high source of nutrition for both humans and animals...my kitties health improved after I discovered a better source of organ meats..

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

I guess i'm just not going to make it after civilization collapses and we return to hunter gatherers...lol

Organ meats are a high source of nutrition for both humans and animals...my kitties health improved after I discovered a better source of organ meats..

I like offal: beef heart stew, grilled chicken hearts, chicken gizzards, even tripe. I’d even eat hog’s head cheese (didn’t know what it was at first).

Gotta draw the line at something. Anything that smells that bad, just can’t do it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Eva Knoller said:

Can I just have the beef stew without the heart? If so, I’m sold. Because the heart...

image.gif.e91108632d8cdc8c12180442179fef9e.gif

Heart is just another muscle,just like all the other meat is muscle..

It's actually full of more protein than the rest of the cuts, because it's so dense..

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Bree Giffen said:

How does heart taste? What's the texture compared to just regular cut of beef? I just saw beef heart for sale at the grocery store and was surprised by how large it was.

If you've ever had gizzards ,it's kind of chewy like that.. it's not chewy in a bad way like tough meat would be..but more like how crab is chewy,but heart is more chewy..hehehehe

And if it's cooked right,it's really good..

My boys like it with my cornbread mix that I use to bread it before i cook it.. When I say my boys I mean my three boys and my husband,because when they all get together,they are the boys..hehehehe

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1550 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.