Unpopular opinions

Bree Giffen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1548 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

19 hours ago, Tolya Ugajin said:

Be careful how you say that.  Polls already show more Americans identify with Trump than with any of the Democrats (26% say Bernie thinks more like them, 37% say Trump does, and they are the two leaders in one recent survey), while the "average GOP congressman" beats the "average Dem congressman"  by an even larger margin, 41% to 24%.  The "right track/wrong track" numbers (one of the best predictors of how voters will vote for President) are the best of his presidency, and are up sharply over the last 3 months, despite the impeachment parade.  He's not very popular, but the Dem front runners are making themselves less appealing to voters than HRC was, and the party as a whole is losing appeal with independents.  Trump has even eaten away at the Dem lead among African Americans; although he's only at 15% there, that's up from 6% in the 2016 election, an amount that would have evened up the popular vote nationwide.

There is a reason the Dems are so desperate to impeach Trump that they shot themselves in the foot by trying to do it on the quick.  If the economy keeps doing well, and most Americans tend to vote with their financial security, 2020 could become a route for Dems, and Chuck and Nancy know it.  If the impeachment backfires on them the way it did the Republicans in 1998, the day after the election will not be pretty for the Dems.

I'm pretty well grounded when it comes to politics.. I'm what you call, in the silent majority..hehehe

I don't wear my politics on my sleeve like a lot of people..

The liberals don't influence me as well as the conservatives.. And the extreme left and right,It goes in one ear and out the other..

I've lived in the inner city in the north and am part of a small town in the south.. So i have a pretty good perspective on what goes on in the real world vs the news and blogs..

I look for the truth and what I feel is the truth and know is the truth.. I don't generalize or put people into a neat little basket like both parties do.. And i don't hate people because of their politics..

I may try to get away from them as quick as i can when they start trying to lecture me about politics or parrot the same thing everyone else is saying on that side or the other..

But I don't hate people because of them..I'm more likely to hate someone as a person before i do for their politics..

Family time,like Dinner..I don't care if the president or the speaker of the house was sitting at my dinner table..No politics gets talked at my table.. hehehehe

When i said Time to own the thread

Vote trump..

I think most everyone knew I was just being me and playful in the forums like always..

I don't think there is a person in here that could tell how I'm going to really vote..

Because i don't take sides in politics.. I'm not fooled so easily when I have real world real life experience to go from.. I keep my politics local because that is where i know I can make a difference most..

What really is going on between the left and the right doesn't phase my vote one bit.. Both sides can dance and dance and dance till the cows come home trying to get me to one side or the other.. But it won't do either of them a stitch bit of good, if I feel they trying to feed me a bull patty..

I've been watching the hearings as I did the last election..I don't watch them on youtube,but live when I can.. I got a pretty good grasp of what's going on and when to duck the patty's..hehehe

ETA:Just to add..I'm pretty much always careful but never fearful of my choices I make when i post something up.. I've learned to live with the good and bad choices..

If someone doesn't want anything to do with me because i vote  for Bernie or Trump or whoever.. That's their option..There wasn't much there to be worried about to begin with I guess..So I'm sure I'll still survive..

hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Too much to clip and paste!

Ahhh

I just figured you were trying to win the thread because you know most folks here, and especially the most vociferous, hate Trump.

I agree, hating someone for whom they vote for is ridiculous.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tolya Ugajin said:

Ahhh

I just figured you were trying to win the thread because you know most folks here, and especially the most vociferous, hate Trump.

I agree, hating someone for whom they vote for is ridiculous.

I wasn't really trying to win the thread..But I was just playing with it because so many don't like him..

Me and my family are not fans of U.S. government politicians in general.. That's not because we are conspiracy theorist or anything like that.. It's because I'm first generation, not born on the Rez..

There is a lot of history there and we just don't trust any of them bastages and beeches.. hehehehe

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Tari Landar said:

Storm hasn't participated as much in this new incarnation of the forums than in the past incarnation. I only know this because even when I didn't actually participate in the forums, I read them all.the.damn.time (every incarnation of them we've had actually, including those for slex/xstreet, I can honestly say I've probably read every single thread ever made on any previous incarnation to completion, and about 95% of the threads on this one),

There's a whole lotta people that, if they came back, many of us might remember their names, but they'd have next to no post count because of these new fangled fora which drove loads away. Ok, ok, maybe it wasn't the fora that drove them away...regardless, they're away and would be starting over.

Hmmm. Well, I posted almost nothing between the end of 2011 and about October of 2018, but I still walked into the forums at the latter date with well over 4000 posts. Storm may not have been as prolific as I, but his count sure shouldn't be under 300. In fact, my alt Laskya posted for less than a year in 2013-2014 -- at a time when Storm was, in fact, still posting here (because we had conversations then) -- and even she has over 700 posts. Soooo . . . there's sommit odd garn on ere.

1 hour ago, Storm Clarence said:

I cannot take the liberty to discuss the moderators of this forum as they will deduct another 25 posts for each infraction.

An unpopular opinion.    

Have you perhaps struck some sort of Mephistophelean deal with the mods? Is lowering your post count like shedding years from your age? Are you younger and perkier here, as a result?

Is there a portrait of you in an attic somewhere that is horribly deformed because it bears the marks of thousands of missing posts, Storm?

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Hmmm. Well, I posted almost nothing between the end of 2011 and about October of 2018, but I still walked into the forums at the latter date with well over 4000 posts. Storm may not have been as prolific as I, but his count sure shouldn't be under 300. In fact, my alt Laskya posted for less than a year in 2013-2014 -- at a time when Storm was, in fact, still posting here (because we had conversations then) -- and even she has over 700 posts. Soooo . . . there's sommit odd garn on ere.

Have you perhaps struck some sort of Mephistophelean deal with the mods? Is lowering your post count like shedding years from your age? Are you younger and perkier here, as a result?

Is there a portrait of you in an attic somewhere that is horribly deformed because it bears the marks of thousands of missing posts, Storm?

When we came from the first version of the forums we all had our post counts cut in half..

Storm really hasn't been in the last few versions of the forums that much.. The last time I really remember him being active was around the time the Vanity thread was started..

That was 2011.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

When we came from the first version of the forums we all had our post counts cut in half..

Storm really hasn't been in the last few versions of the forums that much.. The last time I really remember him being active was around the time the Vanity thread was started..

That was 2011.

I'm still going with my Faustian theory. It's more interesting and fun.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I'm still going with my Faustian theory. It's more interesting and fun.

Also a lot went to the feed more than were in the forums..

I remember every once in awhile,those that went to the feeds would invade the forums for a short bit then back to the feeds..hehehe

I always wondered what was going on with the feeds..Were they more  instant response and felt more live or what it was..

That seemed to keep a lot out of the forums for a good while.

Edited by Ceka Cianci

2 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Also a lot went to the feed more than were in the forums..

I remember every once in awhile,those that went to the feeds would invade the forums for a short bit then back to the feeds..hehehe

I always wondered what was going on with the feeds..Were they more  instant response and felt more live or what it was..

That seemed to keep a lot out of the forums for a good while.

The feeds WERE really active for a shortish period. A few of mine developed into really long dramafests -- I seriously have no idea why.

It was a terrible format, though: I'm completely unsurprised that they've fallen into disuse. The ONE advantage of them was that you could curate them (i.e., delete the really gross crap that people posted on your own page).

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

The feeds WERE really active for a shortish period. A few of mine developed into really long dramafests -- I seriously have no idea why.

It was a terrible format, though: I'm completely unsurprised that they've fallen into disuse. The ONE advantage of them was that you could curate them (i.e., delete the really gross crap that people posted on your own page).

When the feeds were introduced, Dillon created a thread for sharing music. It took a bit more than seven years for a few of us to fill it, but we discovered there's a thread limit of 10,000 posts. Once we hit it, we all left the feeds.

I never deleted anything from my feed. If people post gross crap on it, it should stay there as evidence.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BelindaN said:

Bullying was widespread at my senior school, and all I could do was keep my head down. One of the clever boys was rather odd looking with big ears and greasy hair, and spots, and they made his life a misery. Later in life he committed suicide, and I wonder how much this really affected him. We certainly had a sporty group, and a nerdy group, and a pretty girl group and maybe more. I never related to any of them and couldn't wait to get home from school.

When we lived in Chicago, I never really got bullied like, messed with and  not get in a fight..It was more like, if someone was messing with you,there was going to be a fight.. be it one sided or not.. Someone was going to get the better of someone..

Me and my sister and brother weren't black and we weren't Hispanic and we weren't Asian.. But people at first thought we were either Hispanic or Asian..

This was when we lived in the inner city in a really bad neighborhood.. We couldn't keep to our self..We were prime for the picking on..

By the time we moved to Tennessee, me and my sister were so weathered that the first girl that messed with me just to mess with, didn't see what hit her ,coming..

This girl was big..Not big like tall and agile,but wide and heavy..Her first move was to try and run  at me and grab my hair,which I'd had happen more times than I can count before her..

I let her get close and her speed up and moved to the side and popped her right above the belly where he tummy is and took the wind right out of her sails, leaving her gasping for air on the ground,where she belonged.

my sister was there watching her entourage of three that was ready to jump in if my sister wasn't there..

Then i went over and asked any of them if they wanted a try..

I didn't get in that many fights after that..there were a couple,but that was over boys..That's gonna happen now and then..hehehehe

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I never deleted anything from my feed. If people post gross crap on it, it should stay there as evidence.

Yeah. Things like this can stay as monuments to idiocy:

Feed-Hate-Mail-Blank.png.d8563675e59ff4fe51627979ec4131d3.png

I don't remember how much I pruned from the longer, nastier threads that used to pop up on my feed. (And I'm honestly not sure why people chose my feed as an appropriate battleground for bloody internecine feuds). I don't think I removed much: my attitude has always tended to be like yours in that regard.

On the other hand, off platform is a different matter. When I was blogging as Laskya years back, I produced a post on the subject of One Billion Rising. A certain trollish forum personality well known to the both of us decided that that presented a terrific opportunity to continue a feud he was having with three residents elsewhere, and posted a nasty and probably libelous series of comments about them. They were, at best, only peripherally relevant to the subject of the blog post, so I quite happily deleted them -- eliciting, of course, squeals of outrage and accusations of "censorship!" from said troll. Bwahahahahah!!!

It was a most satisfying moment.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
Extra word. Praise the Lord and pass the coffee
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Eric Castanea said:
On 1/21/2020 at 6:28 PM, Sukubia Scarmon said:

I love pineapple on pizza. Either with ham, or with chicken and curry. Fight me!

/me grabs your pizza and flings it across the room, watching it splatter all over the wall!

I always thought fruit in a main dish was pretty weird until I tried it, and often it's quite good.

In south america they have a lot of main dishes with fruit in them.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

a terrific opportunity to continue a feud

pffft...I always get a message of abject hate instead of any desire to continue a feud, and the message is always "I used to be a loyal customer of yours but I will never buy anything from you again"..

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

But, then you have to figure out who is lying. Something like Peter Schweizer's books is a good reference as he never has anonymous sources and provides the links to everything. His new book Profiles in Corruption is 368 pages with, I think, 1,100+ document references.

The far-right editor in chief of Breitbart News?   I don't think so..

Here's a podcast series you might be interested in...lol

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/rumble-with-michael-moore/id1490354763

Edited by Luna Bliss

4 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

Gammon with a slice of pineapple is a main in the UK. With chips.

I remember a grandmother that often served applesauce with meat, and apparently this helps with digestion according to some book I read long ago..

Just now, Luna Bliss said:

I remember a grandmother that often served applesauce with meat, and apparently this helps with digestion according to some book I read long ago..

Applesauce with pork is very nice. And apricots go well with lots of meat dishes.

Pineapple on pizza, on the other hand, is a blight upon civilization, and should be eradicated, by legislation if necessary.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1548 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.