Unpopular opinions

Bree Giffen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1548 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey all, let's post our potentially unpopular opinions! What could go wrong?

Anyways, my opinion is that there are too many beautiful avatars and it dilutes the beauty in SL. I think most people need to make themselves more plain looking or ugly so that my avatar will be the fairest of all. 🥴

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

13 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

What's a postcount++ game?

I am guessing the game threads. They can also be fun, and not just a way to boost post count. But yeah, there are a lot of them.

And you guys don’t want to know my unpopular opinions. They are sure to be VERY unpopular.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Syn Anatine said:

postcount++ means that these games are generally used to up ones post count.

I don't know how you came to that conclusion unless you're telepathic or people have confessed.  I never keep count of what I post or what 'points' I get for it; I just post what I like and play what I enjoy.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I don't know how you came to that conclusion unless you're telepathic or people have confessed.  I never keep count of what I post or what 'points' I get for it; I just post what I like and play what I enjoy.

One doesn't need to be a telepathic to know that. Just like people post in the vanity and how does your avatar look like today threads for reputation.
Of course there's always exceptions to the rule, and you may be one but the vast majority does it for gains.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Syn Anatine said:

postcount++ means that these games are generally used to up ones post count.

While they definitely do accomplish boosting ones post count, I think only a few are really using them for that purpose.  I think they were created just to give people things to do here in the forums when other threads are not getting much activity and most people continue to post in them for that reason.  Just something silly for folks to do to while away the time until some other topic comes up that interests them.

• Like 8

Just now, Syn Anatine said:

One doesn't need to be a telepathic to know that. Just like people post in the vanity and how does your avatar look like today threads for reputation.
Of course there's always exceptions to the rule, and you may be one but the vast majority does it for gains.

I think those show-off threads are more about getting likes for vanity sake rather than for forum rep -- at least for most people.  Even if there were no forum reputation points, many of the people posting in that thread would continue to do it just for the attention.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, missyrideout said:

Unpopular opinion: we need MORE big butts in SL

Furthermore, these big butts should have supernatural abilities. The ability to defy and circumvent all group permissions -- knocking homes, landscaping, or other SL objects off their foundation, shot to the edge of regions if desired, leaving utter destruction in their wake.

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

12 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Furthermore, these big butts should have supernatural abilities. The ability to defy and circumvent all group permissions -- knocking homes, landscaping, or other SL objects off their foundation, shot to the edge of regions if desired, leaving utter destruction in their wake.

They do already defy all laws of gravity.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

The vast majority of people already hate me without really knowing anything about me. I have no desire to increase the amount of animosity I already encounter on the forum. Especially from the one person who likes to hound people until they either leave or that person gets themselves banned. It's happened before. It will happen again. I refuse to ever have to deal with that bullcrap again.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, Eva Knoller said:

And you guys don’t want to know my unpopular opinions. They are sure to be VERY unpopular.

You can join me in my hillside grave if you like. You might need to remove the stake to make room, though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Probably unpopular opinion: I think LL should ban political threads from general, as in amending the rules to say "No politic centered threads". Not politics entirely, just political threads. Specifically just General because Events/Looking for/etc could be used to find people with like minded opinions, which I think is perfectly fine. General threads regarding it tends to just invite fighting/bickering.

They always just seem to divide the community IMO, and I don't want to see the community divided.

Edited by Chaser Zaks
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 3

52 minutes ago, Syn Anatine said:

Just like people post in the vanity and how does your avatar look like today threads for reputation.

I think it's probably true that people enjoy the affirmation that comes from seeing people "like" their appearance or pic-taking abilities. That's pretty natural, but it is still secondary to posting the pics. I can't imagine anyone is going to the hassle of taking and posting photos for the express purpose of merely boosting reputation points.

Why would anyone care about those per se? They contribute absolutely nothing. I don't even notice them, tbh (although I will occasionally look at post count).

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1548 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.