Jump to content
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 484 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

I have searched the web and this forum for an answer but cannot find it.

I want to create static poses for my male avatar to use for photography.

I have tried to download Qaviator for Mac, but it seems whoever created it is no longer around.

I have tried downloading Blender but cannot find a tutorial helping me import my avatar into Blender for me to make adjustments. I can only find window based tutorials.

 

Is there another option I am not considering? Or what is the best way to create poses for my specific Signature avatar.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Marut72 said:

Is there another option I am not considering? Or what is the best way to create poses for my specific Signature avatar.

There is no way to export a proprietary mesh body. You can export the data for the system "shape" you wear (ie the shape sliders) but not a mesh body. The various mesh bodies respond to the slider numbers in different ways so you might benefit from making a system shape that's close enough in key areas to your Signature av.

Avastar is a Blender plug-in designed specifically for use with SL avatars. It costs some but isn't too dear. Medhue Simoni has good tutorials, free to watch on his site https://www.medhueanimations.com/collections/blender-tutorials, that can give you an idea of what Avastar is like for creating static poses and animations.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

There is no way to export a proprietary mesh body. You can export the data for the system "shape" you wear (ie the shape sliders) but not a mesh body. The various mesh bodies respond to the slider numbers in different ways so you might benefit from making a system shape that's close enough in key areas to your Signature av.

Avastar is a Blender plug-in designed specifically for use with SL avatars. It costs some but isn't too dear. Medhue Simoni has good tutorials, free to watch on his site https://www.medhueanimations.com/collections/blender-tutorials, that can give you an idea of what Avastar is like for creating static poses and animations.

Thank you very much. This is the kind of answer I was hoping to find and so super fast. Much thanks.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Marut72 said:

Thank you very much. This is the kind of answer I was hoping to find and so super fast. Much thanks.

Finding Medhue's site was such a help for me. He used to post in the forums often but seems to be busy elsewhere nowadays.

Good luck and I'm pleased to have been able to help a little.

Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 484 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...