Fauve Aeon

I’m curious how many of you posting here are actually still active in SL?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 160 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Might I reverse the question a moment ? How many people regularly log in to SL,  but studiously avoid the snipe fest here ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, rasterscan said:

Might I reverse the question a moment ? How many people regularly log in to SL,  but studiously avoid the snipe fest here ? 

We at the Snipe Tribe Defense Society (STDS) are outraged that you denigrate snipes.  An AR will be forthcoming!

good day, Sir!

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, Ardy Lay said:

Last time I visited SLUniverse, a lot of members were bragging about how long it's been since they logged in to Second Life.  It was just one of many topics that were active at the time.  Most of it seemed very negative to me so I logged out and came here.

The haters seemed to congregate on SLUniverse. I have spent almost no time on VirtualVerse.one. Did it chnage? 

22 hours ago, LexxiXhan said:

I log in at least once a week to pay my rent and stare with dread at my inventory for 30 seconds. Does that count?

Actually, last night I went dancing at a club I like and had a good time. Otherwise, I'm fairly sick of 'shopping' and would like to explore SL socially a bit more...as my RL becomes more stable this year.

Dancing is certainly active...

22 hours ago, LexxiXhan said:

Come to think of it, until last night, my avatar had been naked for three weeks and not set foot out of my home.

...being naked is likely to help a lot with your social explorations. But, you will have to go outside your home.

You are probably saving a fortune on clothes.

50 minutes ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

I'm only active on the game to take pictures. Otherwise there's not much to do on the game for me to stay logged on for periods of time.

That is active... Share the pictures. Please.

48 minutes ago, rasterscan said:

Whether it is a snipe-fest or not is debatable. There are some pleasant threads here.

The majority of users do not participate on the forum. With 29k to 52k concurrent users at any given time the number of people posting and reading posts is a very small percentage. A thread that gets 25 people reading it is a popular thread. Even this fast paced thread has few posters. Several have posted several times and a couple have rambled on.

I log  into SL most days and every week. Active... well if he takes me dancing...

• Like 4

Scylla how do you even get away with constantly attacking people who post on this forum.  What gives you the right to tell people to get off the forum.  Are you a linden do you work for second life are you a forum moderator?  No you are just a resident like all of the rest of us.  Prokofy has just as much right to post on this forum as you do because he is a resident of second life and being a resident his opinion is also just as valid as yours.

• Haha 5
  • Confused 2

Snipe fest? You should see the parenting forums. You can't even swear here. 

To answer the question, I am not active within SL in any meaningful sense. I thought, a while ago, that I'd have the time in the evenings to rediscover it, but it's not worked out that way. On the rare occasion I get inworld, I do something that takes advantage of how good it looks, but I find I can't really get immersed like I once did.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JUSTUS Palianta said:

Scylla how do you even get away with constantly attacking people who post on this forum. 

This is a joke, right?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, JUSTUS Palianta said:

Scylla how do you even get away with constantly attacking people who post on this forum.  What gives you the right to tell people to get off the forum.  Are you a linden do you work for second life are you a forum moderator?  No you are just a resident like all of the rest of us.  Prokofy has just as much right to post on this forum as you do because he is a resident of second life and being a resident his opinion is also just as valid as yours.

I don't think I exactly "attacked" Prok, Justus. In fact, I said (and meant it!) that I often enjoy his posts here. I used to read his blog pretty regularly, back in the day when it wasn't 90% concerned with how awful his renters are, but had real things of interest to say about the platform.

I did ask why Prok is so consistently negative about forum and the posters here. Of course Prok has a right to post here! I merely wondered why he bothers to do so, when he frankly doesn't seem to like us very much, as a group. (And Prok does, I might note, sometimes attack people who post here on his blog, where they frequently don't know that they've been criticized, and so can't really respond. This happened to one of our frequent posters here just a short while ago.)

Might I gently suggest that you are aren't distinguishing between "attack" and "discussion," where the latter involves critique. You have just "critiqued" me -- and that's absolutely fine: you've done so in a mostly civil manner. And that leaves room for me to answer you, in a similarly civil manner. It's how discussion is supposed to work, I think?

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

And you can put the popcorn away, i'm going to go do something creative in second life because i am active most days :D Just because one sheep doesn't think like the rest of the flock of sheep does not make them backwards.  In fact it might just save the sheep  from slaughter 😛  Honestly i cant just watch someone attack people all the time and say nothing.

• Haha 5

28 minutes ago, JUSTUS Palianta said:

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Would you point me to some, Justus?

ETA: I provided evidence that Scylla's "FIC" claim has merit.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, JUSTUS Palianta said:

Just because one sheep doesn't think like the rest of the flock of sheep does not make them backwards.

Nope, but seeing flocks of sheep where none exist is cause for wonder, isn't it?

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, JUSTUS Palianta said:

Honestly i cant just watch someone attack people all the time and say nothing.

Well, before you go, you might respond to what I said? This isn't really an answer:

2 minutes ago, JUSTUS Palianta said:

Did you read this thread

Scylla Quote "But why on earth do you continue to do it, when you seem to dislike it here so much?"

It does seem to me, though, that you've sort of just insulted at least a few people here by suggesting that they are "sheep"?

It's mildly amusing that you seem to think Solar is one of those: I like Solar, a lot, but to suggest that he blindly agrees with me is . . . well, pretty funny, actually. Solar and I have butted heads on many occasions. Mostly, I think (and more so now, happily, than in the past), we do so from a position of mutual respect. And that's key, no?

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, JUSTUS Palianta said:

Did you read this thread

Scylla Quote "But why on earth do you continue to do it, when you seem to dislike it here so much?"

Where in Scylla's question is there any suggestion that Prok "get off the forum"?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, JUSTUS Palianta said:

Did you read this thread

That's your idea of an attack?

Which field does your flock run in? I might make a transfer. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

That's your idea of an attack?

Which field does your flock run in? I might make a transfer. 

Follows behind you in her ACME truck, hoping to cash in on the melee.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
Forgot the period, as happens when you've had an oophorectomy.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Madelaine McMasters said:

Follows behind you in her ACME truck, hoping to cash in on the melee

Trying to fleece us, Maddy? You wool never win.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

/me watches the thread, learns things, is amused, hopes for more details of...oh all manner of things...

What is the difference between a sheep and a goat?

In Summary:

• The goat is the thinner of the two, while a sheep is greedier.
  • The sheep belong to the species Aries Ovas and have 54 chromosomes, while the goats belong to Capra hircus species and have chromosomes 60.
  • The tail of a goat is the most part pointing always upwards, while the sheep it hangs down.
  • A goat feeds on leaves, shrubs, branches and vines. A sheep instead loves to feed on grass and clover.
  • Goats are curious by nature and are completely independent. A sheep instead prefers to stay in his flock.
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 160 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.