I’m curious how many of you posting here are actually still active in SL?

Fauve Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1548 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If I might be so bold as to get back on track, I try to spend two or three hours each day in world. Excepting Wednesdays and Thursdays.

When I'm not in world, I use my phone to scope the forums and shop on MP. I guess by any measure that makes me active. 

I try to avoid adding to the disagreements which erupt here, because I prefer to focus my attentions in world.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, JUSTUS Palianta said:

And you can put the popcorn away, i'm going to go do something creative in second life because i am active most days :D Just because one sheep doesn't think like the rest of the flock of sheep does not make them backwards.  In fact it might just save the sheep  from slaughter 😛  Honestly i cant just watch someone attack people all the time and say nothing.

So instead of just reporting it you attacked Scylla and you see nothing wrong with that. 

Violence begats violence.

Two wrongs don't make anything right.

blah blah blah

Yeah, I said it. Deal with it or die from it.

Edited by Selene Gregoire

My online presence changes as the demands in my real life change. Typically I’m on 2 or 3 evenings a week, between 1 hour and 3 hours at a time.

I’m on the forum periodically throughout the day. Most often to say something naughty in a word game until I’m asked not to :)

I too shy away from arguments, although I have to admit, I do love a good train wreck.

Most of all I’m trying to balance between doing things I love in SL like photography, and spending time talking to people I’ve connected with for one reason or another. It’s tough to do both and so I’ve made it a priority to always put people first. 

• Like 5

Jumping into the discussion. I usually sign into SL every day, either as myself or one of my alts.

I also do check the forums here daily, just to see what's new. And I do sign into VirtualVerse about once a week (it's been pretty quiet lately since they changed over from SLUniverse).

And I'mma just gonna leave this here as a gentle reminder to some of you on this thread...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Selene Gregoire said:

So instead of just reporting it you attacked Scylla and you see nothing wrong with that. 

Violence begats violence.

Two wrongs don't make anything right.

blah blah blah

Yeah, I said it. Deal with it or die from it.

Hmmm...well it's odd...I see this in a totally opposite way.

It's the reporting someone to a higher authority that seems violent (an abuse of power really), whereas one forum member confronting another they feel is in the wrong seems a better way to deal with it.  It allows for clarification, and possible change to where the accuser can see they might be in error (if they trusted, even a little bit, the other forum members responses...but yes deciding others were sheep doesn't indicate she trusted others responses...but it could be she did a bit yet would not admit to it). lol

I admit though, this was a bit more than confrontational....would have to read it again but I might perceive it as borderline 'attack'.

• Like 1

I have the sneaking suspicion that the steam released in some threads was built in others and that’s really a shame but there’s not a lot we can do about it except to police ourselves. Also, fling 🍟 

We do have a silent audience often, despite many fewer replies, over 2k views. I do notice those things sometimes. I suspect there are many who never indeed post at all, but also learn much. About many things indeed.

🍟🍟🍟...............🍟

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Beth Macbain said:

TIL I’m not even in the top 3 most insane people on these forums.

To keep it (sort of) on topic, I am still active though it’s been over a week since I logged in due to crap and stuff.

33B8C58F-E423-469D-AD9F-7929C79F546F.gif.3214384d7b3247ca7fd15373de48efd7.gif

Ketchup or mustard? That is the question. Which do you prefer?

condiment-Gun.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Prok's blog... https://3dblogger.typepad.com/second_thoughts/2012/04/ll-doesnt-have-a-sense-of-humour.html

From which I quote: "Meanwhile, I noticed that Madelaine McMasters -- is she FIC royalty? -- was able to get her April Fool's to remain..."

You just can't make this stuff up.*

*(Of course you can, but some people save us the effort.)

Madelaine, thou artst truly royalty, but, truly, you are HMFIC, not merely FIC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, JUSTUS Palianta said:

And you can put the popcorn away, i'm going to go do something creative in second life because i am active most days :D Just because one sheep doesn't think like the rest of the flock of sheep does not make them backwards.  In fact it might just save the sheep  from slaughter 😛  Honestly i cant just watch someone attack people all the time and say nothing.

But, if the sheep are not slaughtered, how am I supposed to get my mutton?!!?!?!

IMNSHO, Scylla wasn't attacking, but asking a reasonable question, given Prok's history and approach.  On the other hand, I commend you for sticking up for someone you thought was being attacked :)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dhyaanee said:
What is the difference between a sheep and a goat?

In Summary:

• The goat is the thinner of the two, while a sheep is greedier.
  • The sheep belong to the species Aries Ovas and have 54 chromosomes, while the goats belong to Capra hircus species and have chromosomes 60.
  • The tail of a goat is the most part pointing always upwards, while the sheep it hangs down.
  • A goat feeds on leaves, shrubs, branches and vines. A sheep instead loves to feed on grass and clover.
  • Goats are curious by nature and are completely independent. A sheep instead prefers to stay in his flock.

You left out the important part.  Goat is tastier.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Fauve Aeon said:

I have the sneaking suspicion that the steam released in some threads was built in others and that’s really a shame but there’s not a lot we can do about it except to police ourselves. Also, fling 🍟 

We do have a silent audience often, despite many fewer replies, over 2k views. I do notice those things sometimes. I suspect there are many who never indeed post at all, but also learn much. About many things indeed.

🍟🍟🍟...............🍟

Fling?

You mean, like this?

image.png.812026b159e2d078037bce8fef530db5.png

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Tolya Ugajin said:

IMNSHO, Scylla wasn't attacking, but asking a reasonable question, given Prok's history and approach.  On the other hand, I commend you for sticking up for someone you thought was being attacked

Her animus against me, it should be said, is a bit more personal and of longer standing than you possibly realize. We got off to a poor start, which I am sure is at least partly my fault (*eyes the notional sticky on her screen that reads "Don't Be Sarcastic"*).

I think that when you are coming into a new community, what is actually a healthy and friendly neighbourhood can look, at first at least, like a coterie. That's especially true if you say something a bit controversial, and feel that there's been a pile-on. And in that context, a defense of that community by someone who cares about it (which at least partly was what motivated my comments to Prok) can have the superficial appearance of a clique closing ranks. It was very much that way for me when I first started posting in Resident Answers in 2009.

I hope that a bit more time spent here will fix any misconceptions that might have arisen. Fingers crossed.

• Like 2

I've been in sl for eleven years this next month and still login daily most of the time unless I'm pretty sick. It is my social platform although that might be perhaps strange to say since I have social anxiety. I mainly stick to hubby's and my home on my sister's residential sim or our home in Bellisseria to spend time with my family. So yes, I'm pretty active inworld and have been active in the forums infrequently since I think 2017.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1548 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.