My account has been stolen and email and password changed

eviilstar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1543 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My account has been stolen and email and password changed. I have my payment information. I managed to recover it 2 days ago, but it was stolen again. Linden Labs Account Security does not agree to help me because they wants me to contact them through the email in which I registered my account, but I cannot even access that account. What I can do to recover my account?

I changed my security question and my email, but they also changed email again. I know who is the person who is stealing my account because when I recovered it, I could see that she had only her main account added to her friends list. An ex girlfriend is stealing my account and uses my payment information to make purchases. I need help, please.

8 answers to this question

52 minutes ago, eviilstar said:

So that we may assist you, please submit a new ticket with the email address that you used to create the account.

They are not asking you to contact them from the stolen account. They are asking you to provide a ticket with the EMAIL you used to create the stolen account.

• Like 5

Once again, they do not want you to USE the email address.  They want you to submit a support ticket (use Help/Support/Create Case on this website) and in your submission, TELL them what email address you used to create the account.

For example, in your ticket you might say...

"My account, user name SamSpade Resident, has been compromised and its password has been changed.  The email address I registered when I created the account was smithgolightly234@gmail.com.  I suspect the account was stolen by EvilExGirlfriend Resident."

If your ex managed to steal your account TWICE now, I would suspect that she has access to your computer.  Save all of your critical information, then wipe your hard drive(s) clean, and reinstall Windows and all your apps.  Change ALL your passwords.

Edited by Lindal Kidd
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Alwin Alcott said:

nobody here can help you, you need to be at support.

Hello, thanks for answering. It happens that I have already been contacting support, but they close my ticket saying that I need to contact from the account that was stolen, but how will I contact from there if they have stolen it?

"Ticket comment 
MichaelB Scout –

Hello eviilstar,

Thank you for contacting the Linden Lab Account Security team.  I understand your concern regarding the account.  So that we may assist you, please submit a new ticket with the email address that you used to create the account.

Sincerely,
MichaelB Scout
Linden Lab Account Security 

Sincerely,
Second Life Support Team"

I don't know what to do...

1469480:646620

• Like 2

20 hours ago, eviilstar said:

Hello, thanks for answering. It happens that I have already been contacting support, but they close my ticket saying that I need to contact from the account that was stolen, but how will I contact from there if they have stolen it?

"Ticket comment 
MichaelB Scout –

Hello eviilstar,

Thank you for contacting the Linden Lab Account Security team.  I understand your concern regarding the account.  So that we may assist you, please submit a new ticket with the email address that you used to create the account.

Sincerely,
MichaelB Scout

Sincerely,

I don't know what to do...

1469480:646620

" So that we may assist you, please submit a new ticket with the email address that you used to create the account. "

You need to create the ticket just as it say's, it's going to be the only way of resolving the issue.

• Like 1

On 1/19/2020 at 11:20 AM, eviilstar said:

"Ticket comment 
MichaelB Scout –

Hello eviilstar,

Sincerely,
MichaelB Scout
Sincerely,

I don't know what to do...69480:646

@eviilstar,

We've told you several times what to do.  Please read the following very carefully:

• File a Support Case, using Help > Support > Create Case from the Dashboard page (the page you see when you log in to this website).
  • Since you are reporting a stolen account, obviously you can't use that account to create your case.  Instead, when you create the case using your eviilstar account, be sure to include
    • The user name of the stolen account
    • The email address that you used when you registered the stolen account
    • The user name of the Second Life resident that you suspect of stealing your account
  • You should also call the LL Fraud Hotline, 800-860-6990.

When you have your account stolen and Linden Labs wants you to use your email address that you made the account with , what if you no longer have that email address and can't access it ? My friend lost her account and she had put a lot of money into it.  She had been on that account for a long while, lost it a couple yrs. ago. It isn't fair to the people who work hard and spend money here to have it taken away without a word. It is wrong and cruel. 

Shania, LL will work with you if you no longer have the original email address.  You don't have to actually USE that address, you just have to be able to tell them what it is/was.  If you can't remember that, they can still help you recover the account, but they will ask for alternative ways to prove your identity.  They need to be sure that the person wanting to access the account is actually the person who's supposed to have that account.

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1543 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.