Looking a Gacha VCO Milli head and Med body to fit

ProzacGummyBear

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1551 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi 

This is my first post i hope i am in the right forum and i am new to SL-

Ok I am looking through the marketplace and found this brand called - Milli Head that is (Mesh rigged) by Gacha (i think it was a fab back in 2016) the look is so different and as a new SL making a Avatar is a big step right...  Well i have been looking through the market pages but i can only find Milli Gacha heads and VCO is always attached i think it is the skin. (i have add a image from a blog post - it is the look and Avatar i want)  If anyone knows in the SL marketplace where i could look and to find all the parts for my Avatar. 

Thanks.

XCO and Slink.jpg

VCO Milli head 1.1.jpg

Edited by ProzacGummyBear

Some things to know. First: gacha is a type of item, not a brand. They come from machines that give a random reward each time you put some small amount of L$ in. The "best" prizes are generally the rares. Prices vary greatly from sellers on the marketplace—gacha are tradeable and can be re-sold.  That is why looking at the offerings may be confusing as they are from random people, not the brands themselves. Since the Milli (product) head from VCO (creator) came out over three years ago, there are only a few rare heads available at crazy, inflated prices. 

Honestly, there is nothing particularly unique about that head, imho. For those prices you could get any number of modern mesh heads which would offer infinitely more choice for skins and makeup, better HUDS, animations, the list goes on. Some of the biggest, most supported brands to investigate would be: Catwa, Genus, LAQ, and Lelutka.A less expensive option like the Utilizator "Normie" head (L$500) would be also be a far better way to dip your toes into avatar creation. There are many other brands I am not super familiar with, especially on the cheaper end, so maybe others will offer suggestions. Gacha heads with limited options, baked in makeup, outdated HUDs, I dunno. I think it would be frustrating. Better to have options. Then get a skin from VCO and you'd be well on your way. Good luck! 

• Like 1

If you search VCO in the Market Place you can still get the Milli head.  I'm seeing prices of 75 lindens to  299 lindens so their not expensive.  missyrideout is correct that it is an older head and being a gacha item it is no copy so you might be happier with a newer head but if you can get it at one of the lower prices It's cheap enough to try.

• Like 1

Heads realy realy REALY need to be Copy-OK. I can easily spend 30 minutes or so getting makeup just right. Once I do I want to save a copy of the head with that makeup with that outfit. I don't want to redo the make up next time want that look.

I save heads in folders labeled with the makeup style and color.

Obviously I need a Copy-OK head. I think you'll find you do too.

I do the same with some non-BoM bodies.

Copy-OK is important. Gotcha items are NEVER Copy-OK.

• Like 2

Missyrideout thanks for the lovely in depth info  :) 

Amanda thank for the comment - This is a newbie Question - The 'No copy' will that let me Rez the VCO Milli head? Because i was thinking if it was no copy i may not be able to Rez.   

(Also i am having problems looking for petite body) i keep going results for  'Shapes' which i think... change the look of the Avatar.

I also added this post- :D 

You shouldn't have any need to rez the head on the ground, if that's what you mean. But you can wear it as normal.  Rezzing a no-copy item on the ground is fraught with risk; items can often fail to rez; you'll get an error message saying that you don't have permission to do so, even though you do), then the item will disappear, never to be seen again. And if it's a gacha item, you have no chance of getting a re-delivery, either from the creator or from the person who sold it to you.  Pro-tip; always rez on bare Linden-ground or on a flat non-mesh prim, never on top of a mesh object. If you're uncertain, rez a copyable item there first to test.

As for a petite body, most people wanting this style of avatar will use the Kemono mesh body, which is very petite and very popular for anime-style avatars. However, not all skins are compatible with Kemono. I don't know about the VCO skin (I've never heard of VCO). If you're dead set on that skin and it's not compatible with Kemono, your next best bet would be Maitreya, which can be altered fairly close to the Kemono shape using the shape sliders. Most other bodies are too curvy to get that kind of shape.

Edited by Matty Luminos
  • Like 1

Hi! 

VCO, the store that sells these heads, and also has matching skins, is here:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Cerberus Crossing/237/124/3395

The problem with buying old, is that the seller can discontinue it. I did not find any gacha machine for this head. Often it is information about what body skin that matches. It is a board with "teleport to old stuff" but it does not work. Maybe the best is to send the creator, marmel (yamette) a message and ask, what you can buy that works with it.

A shape is changing the look of the avatar, yes. Height, muscles, body fat, arm length, leg length and so on. You can make your own shapes. But it is often easier to start with a premade shape, and I found this for you:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/PS-Millis-Shape-for-Milli-Mesh-Heads-Big-Eyes-Effect-Almost-FREE/10308735

It also has some information that you may find useful. She also say you can contact her if you have questions. You need a skin in Pale tone.

When you get the shape, click on it and "copy" then "paste" in the same folder. Use this copy shape to do personal changes on, so you still have the original. Wear the copy shape. If it is not small enough, click on yourself and "edit shape". You use the sliders under body to change it. Then use "Save as" and save it with a name like "Millie shape 20.01." It is easy to find it and change it again,  and then you can "Save as"... Millie (new date). This way you have your shapes saved, and can go back to an earlier version if you change your mind.

Should you buy a mesh body, or just hands and feet? Buying only hands and feet cost a lot. Maybe you should buy a mesh body.

PS, you should not rez a no copy head on the ground. Only add it to your avatar. Was it any notecard with instructions included?

I do not use VCO skins or heads, so I can only give general advice.

Edited by Marianne Little

Marianna Thank you i have the "Cerberus crossing store" is my like :D  i am a newbie and i'm using the default 'Trixie' body which i have reshaped and saved but i am trying to find a really good mesh body i heard baked is best but i am having i really tuff time looking for a 5 feet tall mesh body to go with my VCO Milli but i just found this -https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Slink-Physique-Mesh-Body-Original/6421371 it comes with slink hands and feet if requested , it is really hard to find thinny Body meshs. Do Appliers let you tone the body to a pale whitish color?

17 minutes ago, ProzacGummyBear said:

Marianna Thank you i have the "Cerberus crossing store" is my like :D  i am a newbie and i'm using the default 'Trixie' body which i have reshaped and saved but i am trying to find a really good mesh body i heard baked is best but i am having i really tuff time looking for a 5 feet tall mesh body to go with my VCO Milli but i just found this -https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Slink-Physique-Mesh-Body-Original/6421371 it comes with slink hands and feet if requested , it is really hard to find thinny Body meshs. Do Appliers let you tone the body to a pale whitish color?

Yes, but that Slink body comes without the hands and feet. In the store they sell the body bundle with all included. I recommend you to go to the store, the body bundle is for sale there and not the Marketplace. Try demo! You will then see if the neck fit good. https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Slink/45/124/24

The mesh body will adapt to your short shape. It is the shape that forms the body. You will need a Slink body mesh applier. In the VCO store, it should be some vendor for it. The demo let you try on the tones. When you find one that match the head, you buy it. I guess it is the "Pale" skin.

BUT! Slink body is on the decline. It means that there is fewer and fewer creators that makes things for it.

Look at vendors for clothes you like. Does it say "Slink Physique" on them? Or only "Maitreya"? 

The Maitreya body is on Maitreya isle only, not on the Marketplace. You can go there and get a copy first. In the VCO store, you get an applier for Maitreya, and test it. Maitreya adapt to your shape. https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Maitreya Isle/178/175/23

If some parts on the mesh body look to big, you go into appearance and edit more.

To sum it up:

1. Your shape shapes the mesh body.
  2. You buy appliers that transfer a texture to the mesh body. This can be pale or dark skins, or fantasy skins. All kind of skins that has a matching applier for that body.
  3. The demo mesh bodies can be edited, so you see how they will look like before you buy.
  4. The skins also has demos, so you can see how it all looks together.

There are more things, like Omega appliers (an universal applier system) but you don't need to learn it as long as you find appliers for the body you choose.

There is a new thing called BoM, Bakes on mesh. Since you are totally new to Second Life, I think this can wait until you want to hear what that is. First things first. Both Slink and Maitreya can be used with Omega and BoM too, so you don't need to buy other bodies.

11 minutes ago, ProzacGummyBear said:

I am in the store and i got the Slink demo bundle i am so excited  and i  on the poster it has a Omega insignia it says it comes with 'Omega advanced body applier'  

So i would to look for clothing that goes with 'Slink' body mesh?  :D

Slink Physique. The Hourglass is the one with bigger breasts and butt. Will not fit well... 😳

Edit: If VCO skins does not have a Slink body applier, you use the Omega applier instead. Just look for a Slink applier first.

Edit edit: The Slink body need an Omega conversion kit. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Omega-System-Kit-Slink/7671377

Edited by Marianne Little

But cannot i make them smaller in the shape appearance?

I got the Original Shape demo (it looks more petite i think) and i see the Hourglass version has a smaller waist and sort of wider hips.

I we try on the 'Original' and let you know if it is small enough for me :)

1 minute ago, ProzacGummyBear said:

It is because the clothes can not be edited to fit a different body. The clothes made to fit Hourglass, will always be too big on Physique.

Body is not the same as shape. The clothes made for Hourglass, will always have room for the extra big Hourglass forms. You can test it with a Hourglass dress demo over the Physique body.

Well i am definitely no expert at at applying the mesh body there are so many files and i messed it up i'm not sure why i think the Milli head could have had something to do with it going wrong i will try again now. But the VCO Hairstyle and VCO skin tone applier worked with the 'Trixie' it was a very close tone to the pale face and neck its wyd the 'Trixie' body is very nice.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ProzacGummyBear said:

You can't, because each different mesh body is a different shape at the same slider numbers. The Hourglass shape has bigger breasts and hips than Physique. If you wear an Hourglass top, for example, it will stick out away from your breasts, and if you increase breast size using your sliders, you won't fill the top because the top will also increase in size as well.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1551 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.