Set home spots?

Benson Gravois

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1554 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A lot of private "newbie" areas also often have a space available to set home at. The Shelter has one, as does Caledon Oxbridge and Helping Haven. Unlike a Linden-owned one, you have to join their group to use it.

Back when I was SL-homeless, I got into the habit of accepting all group invites when prompted and checking to see if Set Home is enabled; you'd be surprised how many places it is. Often in hang-out spots like beaches, clubs etc. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Benson Gravois said:

Does anyone know if there is a definitive list of LMs where on can set “home” to?

There is a set home here HUD knocked together for non premium members available on the MP ... Alternatively, use the world map in the viewer for freeee ! Just tick the infohub box in the map and look for the blue circles on the map ... Most all infohubs will let you set home here and theres lots of them dotted around all over the place, some quiet and some busy !

we.jpg

Edited by rasterscan
ban, flamer, troll and hater avoidance
  • Like 2

On 1/18/2020 at 5:29 PM, Benson Gravois said:

Does anyone know if there is a definitive list of LMs where on can set “home” to?

You can set home on all the Linden info hubs and welcome areas and also on the resident-run info hubs on Linden land or their own land. We maintain the info hub at Ross and also have areas around Iris, Baileya, and Warmouth where you can join the open group and set home. 

On 1/19/2020 at 9:47 AM, Matty Luminos said:

A lot of private "newbie" areas also often have a space available to set home at. The Shelter has one, as does Caledon Oxbridge and Helping Haven. Unlike a Linden-owned one, you have to join their group to use it.

Back when I was SL-homeless, I got into the habit of accepting all group invites when prompted and checking to see if Set Home is enabled; you'd be surprised how many places it is. Often in hang-out spots like beaches, clubs etc. 

Thank you Matty for this information. I set up a Newell family group, and now we all have home set to....... home!!! Xxx

• Like 1

On 1/20/2020 at 4:07 AM, Prokofy Neva said:

You can set home on all the Linden info hubs and welcome areas and also on the resident-run info hubs on Linden land or their own land. We maintain the info hub at Ross and also have areas around Iris, Baileya, and Warmouth where you can join the open group and set home. 

I'm glad to hear that you're doing this, Prok. Ross and the other original infohubs are like historical artifacts, they're the SL equivalent of Stonehenge or the Pyramids of Giza; it's nice to know that someone is preserving them.

I was "born" at Braunworth many years ago; it's still there though it's changed and isn't as big as it used to be. I revisited it last year and was a little disappointed at the changes, though glad that it's still there at all.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

How can the HUD possibly know whether or not an account is Premium?  

i think rasterscan was probably more meaning homeless person.  These kinda HUDs have a list of Linden Infohubs and Welcome Areas in them.  A homeless person can use the HUD to find Linden places where they can Set Home

One fun little fact: The first place a new account TPs to becomes their HOME location. Usually, it is the info hub they are sent to when completing the initial tutorial. However, if you create a new account and as soon as you rez, you can open the world map and click anywhere in the world. TP there and that becomes your first HOME spot.

Just a little FYIO for ALT-a-holics.

You know one thing you can do is keep a list in your computer of the places you'd like to rez at. In the log in screen of your viewer you have Home or Last Location, but that is also an input box, so, if you type in there "Sim Name/123/45/67" (the numbers being the exact coordinates where you wanna show up) you will log in there provided you have access to that place.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1554 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.