How do I sell my sky box home?

KateWalkerSparkles

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1557 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hia, I have a Sky box home I bought last week and I don't think its right for me know so wanted to sell it on, but I have no idea how to go about doing it... I noticed here in the forum different categories for listing them, but I am not sure what my home falls into. Also can it be listed on the market place? I dont really know what I am doing.

PixieRose

33 minutes ago, PixieRose878 said:

Hia, I have a Sky box home I bought last week and I don't think its right for me know so wanted to sell it on, but I have no idea how to go about doing it... I noticed here in the forum different categories for listing them, but I am not sure what my home falls into. Also can it be listed on the market place? I dont really know what I am doing.

PixieRose

if it's only the skybox itself, you have to check if it is transferable, otherwise you will not be able to sell it, and if it's only the skybox, you can not advertise or sell it here, but you'll have to do that on MP or inworld.
If you have land with it, that you really own, ánd the skybox is transferable you can sell it both, and in this case you cán do that in the dedicated section here on the forums.

• Like 1

Thank you for your reply Alwin. Sorry yes I didn't say It's a transferable sky box and land too (or I assume its land too, as it used my 1024m of my premium account). I am not really sure how to go about actually doing the sale and how I put up an ad for it. To buy it I stood on the property, right clicked and clicked "buy" and it just did it all.. so would someone buying it from me do the same? I dont know what settings I would have to change to allow people to look around to tp to it or even how to do that.. I bought it through a listing on market place and it had a tp link to look around and a for sale sign at the house explaining to right click to buy. Any info greatly  appreciated. 😁😁😊 

PixieRose, selling a mainland parcel is done on the About Land dialog

sell_parcel.thumb.png.6e180846583a5d6d5179c5d3530153ed.png

with the skybox itself and any furniture: Option 3 then we can only sell these objects when they have Transfer permissions

when we set the land for sale then it will show up as For Sale:

- on the World Map (Yellow colour)

- in the Land & Rentals section of the inworld web search. (this can take a while to appear)

other things we can do

- create a Pick for our Profile saying that the parcel is for sale

- make a post on this forums here:

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/forum/286-parcels-for-sale-mainland/

Edited by Mollymews
typo
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, PixieRose878 said:

Ah that's fantastic Mollymews, thanks for your reply and info, it's a great help :) I will give that a go today :) Does it take a while for things to sell? Like in RL.. lol 

That depends entirely on the price you are selling it for.

A piece of mainland close or on the water will fetch more than a piece in the middle of nowhere. This is the same as in RL.

If you overprice it might never sell.

3 hours ago, PixieRose878 said:

Ah that's fantastic Mollymews, thanks for your reply and info, it's a great help :) I will give that a go today :) Does it take a while for things to sell? Like in RL.. lol 

The price of mainland has been going down steadily this year and there is a LOT out there to buy. Most folks aren't looking for land WITH buildings -- they have their own items that they want to use (part of the fun of having a place). But, since YOU bought the land at a certain price recently, it may be fair to say that you could sell it for the same price. That MIGHT not be true of course.  Unless it is special (on a road or waterway or top of a mountain maybe) there is a lot of land out there for 1 linden per square meter -- so $1024 or less for a 1024.   I lost money on my last two lots and that is something that has only happened one other time in twelve years.  So probably NOT trying to make a profit would be a good move :D.

Good luck. 

• Like 1

Since the market is overfilled with cheap land, I wonder if you should stay. Click on the skybox and take it. Use one you like better. It is many pretty skyboxes on the Marketplace. I adore my Ash and Maple skyboxes from Onsu. Plus the Soho Loft and Warehouse loft from Schultz Bros.

I just bought a 1024 that I paid 875 L for. This for sloped land facing water, with an abandoned lot between me and water, and a huge abandoned lot behind. Pretty builds on each side. It was good enough to build on the ground. 

The cheapest parcels was 515 L, and very ugly on ground. It was many of them. If I was looking for a skybox place only, I would take one of those.

I am not sure if the average buyer are so frugal as me. I don't know how much you paid, or how fast you will sell it. I agree with Chic, start with the price you bought it for. If it does not sell, I would price it slightly under 1 L per square m - pricing it to 999 L. This because many who sort after price and square m, set an upper cost rounded to the nearest 1000 L. So pricing it to 1024 L would mean many will not see it.

Then there is the option of 0.5 L per square m. As a last way, I would even go under. Last resort is abandon it, but then you loose all.

• Like 1

Just to make certain you're aware -

If it's just the skybox you're not keen on, you can remove the one that's there and add another (as long as it fits in the footprint and LI, land impact). If you bought the land from someone else and they left the skybox there, you might not own the skybox itself. Click on it, choose Edit and you'll see Owner for the skybox.

If it's a skybox in general that you're not keen on, you can build on the ground too.

Just a couple of examples where you may be happy to keep the land and change the building.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1557 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.