lucagrabacr

SL things you're glad don't exist IRL

Large cities where 3/4 of the buildings are just mocked up empty hollow boxes. 

• Like 1

Knowing that whenever I arrive in a new place, other people see me naked for a few seconds or minutes, even if I don't.

The massive unemployment rate.

Spampires.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

10 hours ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

"Your requested region is unavailable. You have been rerouted to... blah blah..."

Come use our local public transport ..  it's a real thing. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

How we lose things when we Rez items on to mesh.  

Although it would be nice if it was easy to locate lost things through area search.

• Like 1

Hitting a bazillion "this parcel has music from xyz" and "allow/deny" followed by "now/always..." every time you walk through a neighborhood, and being unable to move until you select all the options. This is particularly annoying while wandering Bellissaria (or however it is spelled). This allow/deny nonsense makes you recall that you had streaming music set, so now you have to change that, except when you return to your home you can't figure out why the radio doesn't work. Or perhaps this last bit is just me...

• Like 3

Flying.

Flying is all well and good in dreams and in SL. I like flying in SL and dreams.

In real life, while it sounds fun and wondrous, even, think of how the sky will be when everyone gets the same idea. Like traffic on roads on the ground, only worse. And inevitably, there will be collisions and "sky rage" and people not finding their way to bathrooms before they fly and a whole bunch of other problems.

It's not as God intended. 

• Like 1

On 1/18/2020 at 7:13 PM, Whirly Fizzle said:

Ingrids Prefabs

Oh, why? I always like Ingrid's prefabs. I still have them. It's too bad she's not in the business any more.

21 minutes ago, Prokofy Neva said:

Flying.

Flying is all well and good in dreams and in SL. I like flying in SL and dreams.

In real life, while it sounds fun and wondrous, even, think of how the sky will be when everyone gets the same idea. Like traffic on roads on the ground, only worse. And inevitably, there will be collisions and "sky rage" and people not finding their way to bathrooms before they fly and a whole bunch of other problems.

It's not as God intended. 

Just thinking of all those times I've started falling and couldn't hit the right button to start flying again! 🤕

Any of the various teleport malfunctions and login failures and getting logged out when you are not ready to go yet.

All the damn bots coming and going on my land.  Seriously, what the hell?

Edited by Ardy Lay
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Ardy Lay said:

Any of the various teleport malfunctions and login failures and getting logged out when you are not ready to go yet.

All the damn bots coming and going on my land.  Seriously, what the hell?

Walking by people half-submerged in a lake just staring at the sky. Freaky stuff. 

On 1/18/2020 at 8:17 AM, lucagrabacr said:

Region restart warning

Must be in California.  When we used to live there we had a few "region restarts" aka Earthquakes. :D

• Haha 2

On 1/18/2020 at 9:38 AM, Lindal Kidd said:

Oh, griefers exist in RL.

Bad patrons in our bar.  And some that say it's not "instaramable."

So does plywood food.

Dominos Pizza --- we call them the Cardboard Factory Pizza. Back then it tasted like that, although I heard they improved it.

And hey...so do region restart warnings.  They're called "earthquakes".  The actual region restarts are called "tsunamis".

Mother Earth throwing a fit.

15 minutes ago, seanabrady said:

Textures blurring.

That happens in RL every time I detach my glasses. Must be a bug.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Autodelete scripts when I take something out of my bag and set it down. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Fauve Aeon said:

Autodelete scripts when I take something out of my bag and set it down. 

Demo timeouts - You are standing just outside the dressing room looking into the large 3-way mirror and suddenly you are naked because the dress poofs.

• Haha 2

This thread confuses me greatly. Most of the things you folks don't want happening in RL would be fantastic if they did. I love the absurdity of SL, particularly since it's not harmful. Going suddenly naked in public would be no big deal, as almost everyone would have had that same experience. Bumping into people while flying would be like bumping into them while walking. Nobody would get hurt, you'd laugh over the collision, possibly floating mid-air for a short chat as you do.

What's wrong with you people?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4