Need help with unwrapping

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1552 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello! I’m trying to upload model and I need to separate the door (it is linked) so that it can move. But the problem is that the door glass and the door itself are on different textures. How to link them so as not to spoil the UV? I separated the door and the glass, linked them together, but either a UV of the glass or the door itself is displayed. It should also be two different materials. At the same time, two textures are visible in the UV maps window. Which is bad as you know.
Why if, for example, I unwrap two cubes to different textures and link them into one object, only one UV is displayed below?

Need the same effect.
Maybe I can somehow "reunwrap" everything to the same places?

1.png

2.png

1 hour ago, Pamela Galli said:

i Am not sure what you are asking, but you need to delete one of the UVs. 

Hello! when I remove one of the UVs glass for example, I lose it and then I can not apply a texture on it so that it matches. I need to save both UVs and at the same time link the door and glass together.

42 minutes ago, Tattooshop said:

Hello! when I remove one of the UVs glass for example, I lose it and then I can not apply a texture on it so that it matches. I need to save both UVs and at the same time link the door and glass together.

I think you're confusing UV maps with materials here. A mesh in SL can only have one UV map but it can have up to eight different materials/faces.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChinRey said:

I think you're confusing UV maps with materials here. A mesh in SL can only have one UV map but it can have up to eight different materials/faces.

Hi! Yes, that’s the whole problem that you can’t use two maps. The glass and the door were different separate objects and had separate UV maps and textures. All glass on a separate texture and the wood on another. Now when I try to link them into one object, a second UV appears in UV maps window. However, this does not happen when I do this experiment with cubes.

maybe I came up with a new trick!

7 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

Then I have no clue what you mean by this: “ I unwrap two cubes to different textures”

32 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

Yay! I managed to do it! I created a new map and used it twice for glass and for wood. Renamed in a window of UV maps and voila! The second texture did not appear! Although the UV does not look right, but in my case it works. Maybe I came up with a new trick! :D Thanks for participation!

Untitled.png

Edited by Tattooshop

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1552 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.