HUD Games - a fun way to make friends?

Orwar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1552 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've mentioned in some other thread that I recently got Neph hooked onto a HUD game which has been quite addictive and fun - but also made available a community that has led to a lot of social interaction (hence the 'Make Friends' board!). And it got me wondering, what other HUD games are out there?

To get the thread started, I figured I'd introduce the HUD games that I know of myself, and give a brief introduction to them.

GTFO: 'Get the freight out' is a game which encourages you to explore the grid and various modes of transportation, from cars and bikes, to trains, to boats, and helicopters. Whilst the game is, by itself, not 'social' in nature, being out there and meeting others along the way who are up to the same can be a good way of making friends, perhaps you'll spot a bunch of green dots on the map along your route and find an event or party, or perhaps an unexpectedly bad sim crossing will send you flying into someone's back yard? If you enjoy vehicles and exploration, GTFO might just be for you.

Cost: You can get a free vehicle (a small car!) to get started with, and GTFO-compatible vehicles are supplied by third parties and can vary greatly in cost depending on whether you're looking at a simple car or a large train set. There is an in-game currency, but last I checked it didn't 'do' anything, there's also a premium version of the game HUD (the free 'demo' is fully functional though).

Bloodlines: Bloodlines is a game where you can take the role of either a human, or one of the four cursed races (vampires, werewolves, angels or demons - or a hybrid combination of two races). The idea of the game itself is fairly simple; every day, the cursed races lose 5% of their health; to restore their health, they must feed - primarily off of human players (although there are bottles that contain the essential nutrients for your survival that you can purchase). To be successful, you will have the constant incentive of needing to feed to push you towards befriending people and convince them to join the game. Whilst Bloodlines is frowned upon by a lot of people, it is an excellent tool for building communities and making friends, and offers a fun setting for role play. The game is a lot more complex than what I've briefly described, but I figured a short overview will have to do - if you're curious about it, most Bloodlines players are happy to give you a more detailed introduction, or you can find all relevant information on the game's website.

Cost: To join the game you need a HUD, and regardless of which race you wish to become, the price is L$599. If you choose a cursed race, the cost is a further L$14 per day if you want to live off of the bottled stuff (or get a pint of it at a bar!) - equally, restoring the health of a human player by 5% will cost L$14 for an apple, or a cider. Though depending on how you chose to play the game, the exact daily cost may vary - there are also various add-ons ranging from character equipment to furniture, with various price tags.

SML: Sunset Muscle League is a game with a simple goal: pump iron, get stronger. Despite the simplicity of the concept though, it does require some strategy to maximize your limited resources - fatigue (time), stamina and gold coins, and has a competitive element to it (weekly leader-boards with in-game rewards). As you work out, you increase your strength as well as your level, and unlock 'heavier' work out methods. Although the game may seem a bit niche, it can be quite addictive and gives you plenty of opportunity to meet people - especially as you'll eventually want to find someone to spot for you, and may be asked to spot for them in return. It's probably worth pointing out that certain regions on which the game is playable are A-rated, but you'll be able to play only on the M-rated regions if you so prefer (or figure out how A-rated you're okay with!).

Cost: Entirely free. You couldn't pay for it if you wanted to. Well, I suppose donations may be possible if you insist. You can find the game HUD (and the required group) at any in-world gym that is in the system.

---

So. What HUD games do you like to play?

P.S. please don't turn this thread into yet another 'spampire' circus only because BL is mentioned. If you don't like that game, or any other game for that matter, just move along.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

MadPea usually has several different HUD games throughout the year.  These are usually hunt type games, and you will get some pretty cool gifts at the end.  These are usually available for a limited time.   The cost does vary. I've seen them anywhere from 100L to up to 500L.   

However, they do have some HUD driven adventure games, such as Spellbound and Nightmare in New Orleans.

Spellbound is based in an Academy of Sorcery.  there is magic and mystery involved, and you have to solve puzzles, etc to help out. 

Starting cost: 1000L for the game HUD. You may need to purchase other items as well, such as robes and a wand. 

Nightmare in New Orleans is also a interactive adventure game with puzzles, combat and an immersive story set in the 1950s. 

Starting cost: 1000L for the game HUD

You can find all their current games on their website

• Like 2

Checking out GTFO because of this thread, it actually seems pretty neat! They definitely need to get around to writing a proper guide though, we were wracking our brains trying to figure out exactly what to do and how to start. Its a shame that there doesn't seem to be any team feature despite mentioning one on the marketplace.

I miss the popularity of HUD games like Tiny Empires  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lilith Aries said:

They definitely need to get around to writing a proper guide though, we were wracking our brains trying to figure out exactly what to do and how to start.

Yes, I've noticed that a lot of HUD games and such seldom come with very complete instructions and that you have to resort to checking blogs / videos, or asking the community. Asking around in the games' groups tend to be a good way to make acquaintances though.

Bands of Cypher is played via HUD. Well the 2nd game is. The first game is an in world game, the second also dealing with the yumi's is the elemental game that is played via HUD.

http://www.bandsofcypher.com/

The Yumi's are not breedable, they do not need food but you can use them to find rarer yumi's. There's also the crystal crafting game involved. The game is pretty cheap imho, and you can gain achievement points which you can then invest into the two gold portals, which is game 1 and 2 with unlimited charges.

The same creator also has another game called AssassinsGrid but I have no idea about that one.

Other games with Hud's that I know of are the various fishing games (I like 7seas and Virtual Fishing).

• Like 1

Tiny Empires Federation and 3K; I been playing for last 5 years; been with same Queendom in that time for Federation and 3K I started a year back. We very chatty social group plus we have odd party now and again too!  Only cost is the HUD if you go for the full version whereas the limited version I believe is free but lessens what you can do in the game.

Edited by MrsSeren
  • Like 1

For me I have found out that aura is a fun farming game to meet new people and you only need 1k to get your own farm started or 0l and go on to other people farm to lvl and the hud is free

Also Krafties is fun free game kind like pokemon  

If your in Bloodline the new game Legends is fun and free 

Budderflyz  is another fun game well out clubbing 

Edited by Healingrosemagic
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Healingrosemagic said:

For me I have found out that aura is a fun farming game to meet new people and you only need 1k to get your own farm started or 0l and go on to other people farm to lvl and the hud is free

Can you link me to the mp or a website? Searching for aura on the mp yields over 14000 results.

7 hours ago, Syn Anatine said:

Can you link me to the mp or a website? Searching for aura on the mp yields over 14000 results.

This isn't a website made by the owner or anything, but it is made by a very kind enthusiast of the Aura farming system. It's helpful and gets updated periodically:

https://aurarplibrary.com

I think this is their actual website tho, as outdated as it is:

https://aurarpsystems.wixsite.com/aurarp/single-post/2017/04/24/Welcome-to-the-information-page-for-AURA-Role-Play-Systems

The game itself has a decent following. Most of the items are "Medieval RPG" themed, but overall from what I tried of the system (when I played it), it's easy to use and not very pressing on player stats.

It's easy to get it set up and forget it (sort of) if you do just crop farming or animal keeping, but the cooking is kind of fun and it has a sort of crafting system too.

Other farm games, if anyone is interested, to maybe try are:

https://www.digitalfarmsystem.com 

http://gstrading.info/about-gs/

DFS is more modern themed and has a highly extensive cooking system from what I've researched of it. I've never personally tried it, mostly because I had tried Aura first and sort of got burned out on the 'set forget' thing (cause I'm just a silly, antisocial person most days and never put much effort in the community aspect part, like what it's sort of for. =w= )

And G&S is Gor/medieval themed, and (I could be wrong) the older of the 3 systems? I haven't put a lot of research in it, personally cause the sim sort of confused me. ><

Edited by momomoonusagi
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, momomoonusagi said:

snip

Thank you kindly for the explanation and links!

I've decided to give Krafties a try first, they look adorable and when I got my starter pack at the sim earlier it was pretty packed with people! I haven't had a chance to unpack it just yet but I will later :)

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Syn Anatine said:

Thank you kindly for the explanation and links!

I've decided to give Krafties a try first, they look adorable and when I got my starter pack at the sim earlier it was pretty packed with people! I haven't had a chance to unpack it just yet but I will later :)

Yay!  X3 if you need someone to learn with, lemme know! I went and got a starter pack for this account a couple days ago cause had forgotten that back when I tried Krafties originally it was on my now alt, and I...totally cannot remember a thing on how it operates. XD

Spellbound-HUD-Howto.jpg.d1ed62fce6d7bf043268a7adb030b2db.jpg

Madpea

I've been a fan of the Madpea games (as @Catrie mentioned) for many years. I absolutely love the games and the thought that goes into them with not just huds and themed prizes to win but the set ups and scenes are top-notch and really immersive. There's usually clothing and accessories to wear as you play as well which is a nice little touch. I usually play these alone but for a while there @momomoonusagi and I were blazing a trail through the halls of Spellbound together which was a blast. And the environments are also good for photo shoots! Unlike a lot of others the Madpea group usually does have someone there happy to help and they don't have the usual snark that most groups do. Madpea is probably the best at hud games and a great way to spend a few hours if I need a break from shopping, building, or RL. Absolutely worth the cost and time invested, hands-down.

Ad_Board_2019_-_512_-_XeoLife_Roleplay_HUD_-_MP.jpg.28cee71e9e04ef3ae1a6563bb8196c31.jpg

Stat Huds

Not sure if you'd class huds like 'Xeolife' or 'BeYou' or 'Life!' as "games" as there's no real objective beyond raising stats - much like 'The Sims' games franchise. But each do have their own group following. The big difference between them to me at least is Xeolife is free to start and a hell of a lot cheaper, very easy to start and use (and it's easy to create your own scripted objects for them too) but it isn't as huge or popular as BeYou, which to me is expensive and a bit more complex or in-depth. And Life! doesn't seem as popular as it once did but I could be wrong about that as I've been out of the loop a long while. Xeolife almost seems more catered for child avatars but doesn't appear to be age-exclusive and BeYou has a library of info to wade through just to get you started. But it does seem more popular in terms of a player base (I could be wrong about that).

babybundles.png.0ffa4def9531cc325afbce231ad71661.png

Reproductive Huds

There's also reproductive huds like 'BabyBundles' and 'Tantra' that are games or can be used for RP. Beyond just "getting pregnant" (and being randomly assigned how many kids you get based on stats you can tweak), there's morning sickness, cravings, moods you have to regulate etc, some huds even... well... come with the "risk" of catching an STD/STI that requires doctors visits or medication etc to treat. Different strokes for different folks and all that... But again, especially in some groups the use of these things can be quite popular with parents getting together for meets and such. 

hud-v2-callouts.jpg.aa1e3d49bab48b0df4ceeda8ea25bd3f.jpg

Outbreak 

It's not open anymore but I thought this was an effective system I dearly wish I had the skills to recreate and worth the mention. Back when the regions were still around this was part of RP where players had to survive in a small post apoc, zombie-infested town. Wearing the hud you had to search the trash or rubble piles every day or 4 hours or so I think (it's been a while), and barter with other players for weapons, medkits, water or supplies. Use of the hud was optional but encouraged as it was the official "currency" of the game. A few of us played there together for a year or so but the majority of my friends hated the system as they thought it detracted from the RP itself, and there were inevitably those who stockpiled everything to be kings of the proverbial mountain. I personally enjoyed the experience. I haven't found anything that's come close to that since but would be open to doing something similar again under the right circumstances.

Edited by RaeLeeH
Typonese.
  • Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1552 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.