SL viewer/ Mac 10.5 not working/media plug-in error both on Safari and Firefox. Help!

FiestyFox91

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4701 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am trying to login to the Second Life Viewer via my macbook 10.5 but am unsuccessful. I get a media plug-in error on both Safari and Firefox browsers. I don't use windows. I have the latest Adobe Flash Player and Quicktime. I really hope someone can help me because I really want to be on second life. I didn't realize how complicated this is to sign on. Never had such problems before. Please help ya'll!!! Thanks!

5 answers to this question

At what point do the message show up? When you start the viewer, or when you try to access content in the viewer after you have logged in?

Something to try; You could change permissions on the viewer on your Mac to see if this helps (it helped me a while back when I had the same message). Find the application on your system, click once on it and 'get info' on it. At the bottom of the info window there should be an access section which you can expand. There you should be able to change the group permissions to read & write (like it is for your user on the system). Don't know if this will work, but it is worth a try.

- Luc -

Thanks Luc but this didn't work for me. I appreciate your quick response. The web plugin error message showed up after I logged into the sl viewer. It doesn't get to the point where I can access content. Any other ideas Luc or others??? I'm really wanting to be on second life!!!

Hey Luc! Thanks for your quick response. Ya, I tried that and it didn't work. To answer your questions, the error message came up a few minutes after I logged on the SL viewer. I didn't get to the point where you can access content. Any other ideas? Gosh, I'm pretty computer literate and having tons of problems with this site - and it appears I'm not the only one. This must be costing second life members. I'm getting to the point where I want to say forget it. Ah, frustrating. I hope I can get this working soon. I was really hoping to meet some cool people. Smiles!

Try Peewee's suggestion.

Also, I don't think it has come up, but what viewer are you using? I'm wondering if the later versions of the LL viewer has issues with 10.5. Don't remember having heard anything about it, but you never know... Perhaps a TPV will let you log in without giving you problems?

- Luc -

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4701 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.