Will LL freeze my account?

zyf444e668

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1531 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So i was going to transfer my lindens dollars to my mom's paypal account. She gave me authorization for this.

As i tried Tilia asked me for personal information such as my SSN.

Then i got a ticket from Linden Labs asking for more information. The information they ask i Do not have any documents of.

Attach a Proof of Identity to this Ticket

Please submit a color photo ID that includes your full name and date of birth. Please ensure that all four corners of your ID are displayed, and that the text on the image is fully legible. Please be sure to avoid glare and obstruction. The name on this document must match the name registered on your PayPal account. Acceptable documents include the following:

• Driver's License (Valid for the next 60 days)
  • Passport or passport card (Valid for the next 60 days)
  • State or Government Issue ID (Valid for the next 60 days)

Attach a Proof of SSN/ITIN to this Ticket

Please submit one of the following documents confirming your 9-digit SSN/ITIN assigned by the Internal Revenue Service or Social Security Administration:

• Social Security Number card
  • Letter from the IRS assigning your SSN or ITIN
  • 1099 Form (Dated within the last 12 months)
  • Employer-issued W2 (Dated within the last 12 months)
  • Paystub with your full SSN (Dated within the last 12 months)
  • 3rd party prepared tax documents (Dated within the last 12 months and signed by 3rd party preparer)

I got NONE of them, No drivers License, My state ID is expired, and i don't have any of these other documents.

I read if i don't reply within a month they will freeze my account. I hope not. I am renting a region and many other important tasks on this account. I regret ever filing for Tilia >.>

• Thanks 1

7 answers to this question

I called SL tech support. I was on the billing line and asked about this. The rep told me that he has never heard of anyone getting their accounts in trouble for not filling out the Tilia form correctly. I am assured the only thing will happen is I just won't be able to transfer money to the PayPal account.

But as a precautionary measure i issued a ticket to be asked to be removed from Tilia completely.

Edited by zyf444e668
typo and added extra information
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

i seriously can't believe they said this. Before you can process credit you will for sure have to provide them with the accurate documents they asked for.

If you don't want to provide that you will nót be able to transfer money to RL.

I am ok with this. I made a mistake trying to sign up for it.

Glad the OP is "in the clear" hopefully. Just wanted to add that LONG ago (five years maybe? not sure) when I first got a notice about proving who I was I never received the bulk email asking me to send in info. I only received a nastily worded letter later  -- much like the OP -- threatening to both keep my money and close my account if I did not send in the documents within two weeks or so.   THIS appeared in my "tickets" and that was the only way that I found it (having never received the email many folks did). So the "freeze your account message" was very likely just as the OP said. It certainly was scary for me back then. 

Since my town doesn't HAVE MAIL DELIVERY (yes, I know -- who doesn't have mail delivery) it was an arduous process with the folks verifying (wasn't LL then but an outsource company) to finally get them to accept the info I had sent them (a few times actually). It was a very painful and frustrating process.  They basically didn't believe me. I finally got them to note that even my driver's license had my PO Box on it as the mailing address.  Looking at the verification process it is questionable if I could complete the current steps now even though I am really "ME". :D

It looks like (from info on another thread and from talking to SL friends) that this verification is happening again at the beginning of the year.  So even those hat have been moving money to Paypal for many years are needing to send in info again. 

I will just stick with my "play money".  No regrets on that decisions. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
spelling

suggest that if you still do want to give your money made in SL to your mother then get all the necessary paperwork to open your own Paypal

then hook your Paypal to Tilia. When the money is in your Paypal then transfer the money to your mother - Paypal to Paypal 

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, zyf444e668 said:

The rep told me that he has never heard of anyone getting their accounts in trouble for not filling out the Tilia form correctly.

i seriously can't believe they said this. Before you can process credit you will for sure have to provide them with the accurate documents they asked for.

If you don't want to provide that you will nót be able to transfer money to RL.

6 hours ago, Mollymews said:

suggest that if you still do want to give your money made in SL to your mother then get all the necessary paperwork to open your own Paypal

then hook your Paypal to Tilia. When the money is in your Paypal then transfer the money to your mother - Paypal to Paypal 

it however will still not solve the problem that OP doesn't want/is able to provide the requested information about identity.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1531 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.