Sign in to follow this  
SorrowfulWoe

SL not working or letting me sign in?

Question

16 answers to this question

Shows me the "Logging In.." bar and then says "Login Failed."

And I have to have my information right otherwise I wouldn't be able to post here. :/

I'm just going to uninstall SL and just return to IMVU. Something that is this much trouble right off the bat its basically an omen for me to not join this site. =.="

Hello Sorrow. As i read your post my feeling is that the system doesn't allow you to log in because you haven't activated your account yet. Is it right ?

Open the mail your used to create your account here. You must to get a mail from service@mail.secondlife.com asking you to activate your account. There is a url. Just click it.

Let us know if that was your problem, or you need more help.  

what exactly does the message say. "login failed" is usually followed by something more. i am confident we have people here who are able to help you get in.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Login-failure/ta-p/700109

But new people shouldn't be having so much difficulty logging in. I would actually advise the OP instal an approved third party viewer like Phoenix or Imprudence. If OP is attempting to login using Viewer 2, it's possibly the reason why cannot login.

List of approved third party viewers is on http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Third_Party_Viewer_Directory

Yes i was wrong eyeye just i checked it. Really that procedure has been done away with now. I didin't know it. After the registration it says on the last page: "Success. Your account has been activated".

Pity there aren't any Lindens reading these forum threads who could just give an individual helping hand to Sorrow - they're gonna lose yet another resident before they've had chance to see how great the SL world is.

As far as I can tell, the OP has still not given any more info on what the error message said. Kind of hard to give a more specific suggestion without this. Not getting an email confirmation is NOT the problem - as everybody has said; These are not used anymore.

- Luc -

Let's face it, even if people get past the login problems there's the basic mode restrictions to get past. Then they have to learn how to edit objects, clothes and appearance - because that seems to be most people's interest. Someone happy with, or used to, IMVU, twit-face, '3D chat' and simple games just isn't going to "get" SL.
I'm not picking on the OP here, just making the statement that SL has far more depth than most applications and has a much steeper learning curve. Basic mode doesn't address that because it doesn't let people learn anything beyond - possibly - they way (good and bad) that people behave in SL. Most importantly it tells them nothing about how to use/wear stuff, which is what most expect to do as soon as they arrive.

[ETA: and then they find even in advanced mode there are problems with age-verification, buying or selling L$, marketplace transactions, inventory-loss, sim-crossings/TPs, etc. And almost no support.   If you want SL's depth you'll put up with it because nothing else rivals it but otherwise ...Hmmm, I may look at IMVU myself]