SL not working or letting me sign in?

SorrowfulWoe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4724 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I just created an account here on SL and so far failing at signing into the 3D chat. It starts to log me it and then completely stops. :/ I have the password and username right and I still can't get in. Tried about ten to thirteen times now.

16 answers to this question

Hello Sorrow. As i read your post my feeling is that the system doesn't allow you to log in because you haven't activated your account yet. Is it right ?

Open the mail your used to create your account here. You must to get a mail from service@mail.secondlife.com asking you to activate your account. There is a url. Just click it.

Let us know if that was your problem, or you need more help.  

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Login-failure/ta-p/700109

But new people shouldn't be having so much difficulty logging in. I would actually advise the OP instal an approved third party viewer like Phoenix or Imprudence. If OP is attempting to login using Viewer 2, it's possibly the reason why cannot login.

List of approved third party viewers is on http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Third_Party_Viewer_Directory

As far as I can tell, the OP has still not given any more info on what the error message said. Kind of hard to give a more specific suggestion without this. Not getting an email confirmation is NOT the problem - as everybody has said; These are not used anymore.

- Luc -

Let's face it, even if people get past the login problems there's the basic mode restrictions to get past. Then they have to learn how to edit objects, clothes and appearance - because that seems to be most people's interest. Someone happy with, or used to, IMVU, twit-face, '3D chat' and simple games just isn't going to "get" SL.
I'm not picking on the OP here, just making the statement that SL has far more depth than most applications and has a much steeper learning curve. Basic mode doesn't address that because it doesn't let people learn anything beyond - possibly - they way (good and bad) that people behave in SL. Most importantly it tells them nothing about how to use/wear stuff, which is what most expect to do as soon as they arrive.

[ETA: and then they find even in advanced mode there are problems with age-verification, buying or selling L$, marketplace transactions, inventory-loss, sim-crossings/TPs, etc. And almost no support.   If you want SL's depth you'll put up with it because nothing else rivals it but otherwise ...Hmmm, I may look at IMVU myself]

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4724 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.