Problem Checking Out Of Marketplace In Latest Firefox Release

Cristiano Midnight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1559 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am using the latest version of Firefox on Windows 10 (version 72.0.1). After a recent update, I started having issues with checking out in the SL Marketplace. When I am on the page to place the order, after clicking on the Place Order button, the button just disappears and nothing else happens. I can sometimes go back and check out again and have it work, but it's very buggy and unpredictable. I've cleared my browser cache and all site related data, but no change. Anyone else experiencing this?

I used Firefox for many years as did two friends that I work with. During 2019 we each abandoned our longtime favorite simply because too many websites would no longer work.   In this case I am guessing that LL is not to blame.   That isn't an answer of course, just some input. The three of us each have different computers and even different versions of Windows and we of course visit different websites, yet we each had major problems.   Sorry. 

Experiencing the same issue but slightly different result where I click Place Your Order and the page refreshes and that's it. I even tried Safe Mode with no improvement. There's a Refresh Firefox option but I'm not gonna bother with that. I found some bug reports on the JIRA with similar sounding situations (dating back to 2015) and one backtracked down to an accepted status with no one assigned. I did try out the Developer Edition of Firefox (v73) and it seems to be fine even in the strict protection mode. So, hopefully the next Firefox release will resolve this for us.

Edit: I found an alternative to the Refresh Firefox where I could backup just my about:config settings for a quick test since my concern was the advanced settings interfering with the operation of the site. With a fresh prefs file made, the site now works just fine. So, at least in my case, it's some advanced about:config privacy setting or borked profile issue.

Edited by Kurshie Muromachi
Update
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1559 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.