Deleting hair from My Outfit

SearbyM

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4729 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I want no hair on my avatar.  I have read the help menus but I cannot delete the folders (ones like "Male Eyebrowshaper" etc.  When I right click, the option "remove from wearing" is greyed out and so I cannot delete.  I am stick with some hair on my av avatar that I can change the appearnace of but not delete.   can you help?   thanks    Dave

6 answers to this question

There are two types of body-parts and clothes in SL - 'system' and 'prim'.  Most hair people wear is made of prims and can be removed with right-click > detach.  System clothes can be removed with right-click > 'take off'

The situation is more complicated with system body-parts.  Your avatar must always be 'wearing' a shape, skin, eyes and hair.  You can't remove these, only replace them with a different one.  Usually people wear a 'bald' system hair so that it doesn't interfere with their prim hair or ...

In the case of hair, specifically, you might have some painted on your skin.  The only way to get rid of this is to wear another skin.

Hello Searby. The fact that you can not remove the Male Eyebrowshaper is not the reason you are bald. These are not  the real hair of an avatar, that is just the eyebrows saved. You need to wear hair. Find hair in your inventory by the default outfits (for example "Male desinger Hair" and wear them.

Thank you LA L and everyone. This has all been most helpful. I have been fiddling with the settings, (long at back, short on sides etc) and I did not find one that said bald or not bald. I have adjusted the settings but there is still some hair appearing at the back, when I try to adjust it, it sticks out somewhere else! But now I know there is no overall delete function, I will fiddle some more until I get something ok. I bought a complete avatar that I like (a robot) so I don't want hair on it; I will now seek the minimum option. thanks again. D

The Bald hair base will make your avatar bald and keep the system hair locked inside your head, but to be totally bald you need to make sure that you also have a bald skin.

A lot of skin creators put a short hair style painted onto the skin, but they should also do bald versions so check that you are wearing the one that you want.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4729 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.