Two of Four - Game

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 832 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

11 hours ago, CheriColette said:

Sirrom anagram is Rmsori

As a name it must be easier to pronounce than Elon Musk's new babies name>>> X Æ A-12

Off topic:  It would appear Elon is doing everything humanly possible to aggravate his partner.  First, he declares "I'ma gonna sell all mai Stuffs!"  Then he names his baby something even more ludicrous than Frank Zappa's kid ("Moon Unit").  Were he MY husband, he'd have to be verrrrry careful what he ate.

• Haha 2

Your boots are 'eel'd

I know, it's a liberty, and I might be breaking a rule, but I haven't slept much lately, so poo.

Hang on, it's my game.

Still, I should be correct.

Oh my gods, I'm talking to myself.

Vote on it.  Added apostrophes allowed or not?

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Vote on it.  Added apostrophes allowed or not?

NOT AN ENTRY FOR THE GAME

By example I'd say : 'Tis and and it's  go as 2 words ( it is ) . Not sure about eel'd .. how is it fully written ( non-native speaker here ) ? 

I guess the rule(s) should be that if the ' combines 2 words they are used as such  ; if the ' shortens 1 word that is otherwise written at full length it still counts as 1 word.

Edited by TDD123
One
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, CheriColette said:

....and if the spirit of the game is unchanged and the post is more interesting because of it, I vote we dont complain. <<<<<says the girl who intentionally drops her apostrophes 😜 

I tend to agree, though I should have been more specific.  I wasn't sure whether my alteration of eel'd to 'eel'd for the sake of a little joke was acceptable, since it isn't the same word, really.  I shall accept admonition and a reversion to the previous entry.

• Like 1

Hey, it's MY made-up word and I say Garnet can apostrophe it all she wants.  After all, I did!  I was playing off the classic Monty Python line, "My hovercraft is full of eels", but you can't get that into four words.  So I verbed a noun, creating "eel'd".  Or possibly the correct spelling is just "eeld", but who could pronounce that?  In any case, it's a verb meaning "filled with eels."

Garnet...

Your boots are muddy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 832 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.