Posting nude images without permission?

IslaGrace

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1518 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

A friend of mine has broken up from a guy. The guy has now taken to de-rendering her clothing then posting nude images on his flickr page without her consent (must be using an alt to be at the same venue as she was)

I was wondering what the best course of action is to this?  I know at the end of it all it is "just pixels" but even so.. it is an invasion of privacy. any advice would be appareciated. Thank you.

11 answers to this question

19 minutes ago, IslaGrace said:

A friend of mine has broken up from a guy. The guy has now taken to de-rendering her clothing then posting nude images on his flickr page without her consent (must be using an alt to be at the same venue as she was)

I was wondering what the best course of action is to this?  I know at the end of it all it is "just pixels" but even so.. it is an invasion of privacy. any advice would be appareciated. Thank you.

I would be more worried, if my leaked pictures wouldnt get any likes. 😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, IslaGrace said:

The guy has now taken to de-rendering her clothing then posting nude images on his flickr page without her consent

Unfortunately Linden Lab is unable to control content outside their own services and so are we users of course.

My best suggestion is to contact Flickr and see if they can do anything.

Edited by ChinRey
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, IslaGrace said:

Start wearing Underwear appliers or system layers if BOM.

• Like 6

The answer is none.  She could AR him under harassment but she can't prove anything and doesn't know who the avatar is. It is not against the TOS to take snapshots of other avatars without their permission. That is clear in the snapshot and machinima policy here http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Snapshot_and_machinima_policy

I cannot paste in the wording as that IS against the policy (wink) but it is about halfway down the page.   

I am also having a difficult time seeing how he could see much of her body if she has a mesh body. Most of the time clothing would have auto-hide alphas that wouldn't show much.  When I have derendered clothing on others by mistake (trying to derender the whole avatar to help with lag) I have ended up seeing nothing but air and some floating hands and head etc. 

She COULD start wearing BOM underwear under her clothing. That would likely solve the issue -- if indeed there really IS an issue. 

Some people confuse themselves and their avatar.

It's screenshote from a "game" posted. There is no way to prevent anything.

But it's possible to protect against derendering. Just alpha out some bits.

If that ever happens to me - I will place some likes. I don't protect bits too since I couldn't care less.

Might be a long shot but if the stalker didn't mark them currently as restricted on Flickr you can try to report them like that, most people set those wrong.
Other than that, I know you are here asking because your friend is quite upset so saying "no one cares" doesn't do much to help you and by extension her, so, best thing you can do is good old emotional support.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1518 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.