Grid Status: Rolling Restarts for RC Channels 15. 01. 2020

Miller Thor

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1553 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Completed - The scheduled maintenance has been completed.
Jan 15, 08:03 PST
In progress - Scheduled maintenance is currently in progress. We will provide updates as necessary.
Jan 15, 07:00 PST
Scheduled - We will be performing rolling restarts for regions on RC Channels on Wednesday, January 15th. Please refrain from rezzing no copy objects and remember to save all builds. Please check this blog for updates.
In which regions did it take place? On RC-Magnum certainly not.
Surely this is again one of these misinformations, which have been very common lately.
Edited by Miller Thor
  • Thanks 1

No, Miller, from the time it took to do the restarts I suspect this was a small subset of the RC channel regions and almost certainly NOT Magnum.  It would have beeb nice if LL had bothered to post something (anything) in this thread about it.

On 1/15/2020 at 8:54 PM, Aishagain said:

No, Miller, from the time it took to do the restarts I suspect this was a small subset of the RC channel regions and almost certainly NOT Magnum.  It would have beeb nice if LL had bothered to post something (anything) in this thread about it.

The short time taken does raise that possibility, but it could be they got everything right. So which to bet on?

It could be a bit of both, but on the performance of the last few months, it's getting hard to trust the Lindens. That makes as much sense as putting s fiver on Red Rum for the next Grand National.

I'd suggest looking for Inara Pey's summary of the recent server user group meeting, it was stated there that a new restart system was being trialled the day the script-compilation-fails occurred. It was supposed to make restarting a faster operation, so possibly the new system is now working well enough to be used?

Having read Inara's blogpost and while this does answer a few questions, it leaves more unanswered.

It still perplexes me that no comment has been made anywhere regarding the apparent disparity between the server version I see deployed on Main Server regions (533447) and that that LL states (on this forum) (533895).  If I am mistaken will someone PLEASE tell me what I am not seeing? I understand that operationally it makes little difference, but it is symptomatic of the chaotic way SL appears to be being run at present.

Edited by Aishagain
  • Thanks 1

On 1/17/2020 at 1:18 PM, Aishagain said:

I understand that operationally it makes little difference, but it is symptomatic of the chaotic way SL appears to be being run at present.

I think the Lindens have managed to go one better.

(I an imagine a reason for this but it still manages to look damnably incompetent.)

Screenshot_2020-01-18_17-38-11.png

• Haha 1

You really couldn't make this up, no one would belive you.  And we give money to these people!🙄

Oh there's a reason all right.  The left hand does not know what the right hand is doing!

Edited by Aishagain

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1553 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.