Need UV Map

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1555 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Does anyone have any updated maps? I got a 2005 jpg map that is 1024px by 1024px buuuut.... I'm not sure how 'updated' it is.

For pete's sake, I just cannot find any good one unless I get a creator's kit from Maitreya or something! I know I have to get Genus UV maps from their store because they don't go by standard UV map apparently.. The lipsticks I made that fit perfectly on Lelutka and Catwa, don't fit on Genus heads! Ends up looking like the lipstick got smeared down. 

But I have a good head UV map, I just need nice, updated, **PNG** (not PSD I do not have a way to open those in other programs.. I do not have Photoshop and JPG is a bit on the lower quality side) UV maps for the body. 

I need a PNG body UV to import into Procreate (on iPad, so I can have an easier time) and GIMP (for any touch ups!). So if anyone has any good ones to share or a site to direct me to, can I please use them?

Edited by Muiregwen

IrfanView, for example, should easily open PSD files and save them as a single layer other format, so there's that.

As for the rest... UP Map for what exactly?
There is no universial one matching all kinds of mesh bodies and heads. Otherwise, there wouldn't have been such delightful dramas of the "OMG, they stole my UV MAP!!!!11111!" kind.

All mesh body creators have the same uv boundaries in common, but to eliminate the stretching occurring on the sides like on the default avatar, they have relaxed the internal UVs. Now, using different algorithms, different softwares and being on different machines, that led to differently mapped inner UVs and for this reason, every brand supplies their specific set of UVs to create skins and related stuff. That's why vendors report their compatibility with a brand rather than another. 

5 hours ago, Muiregwen said:

not PSD I do not have a way to open those in other programs.

Your question was already answered by others, so let me try to help in a different way by telling you that Gimp, which is 100% free, can open and use .PSD files, amongst other formats.

It is available for Windows, MacOS and Linux and it's open source. It's quite powerful and many people use it instead of Photoshop for a variety of reasons.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

Your question was already answered by others, so let me try to help in a different way by telling you that Gimp, which is 100% free, can open and use .PSD files, amongst other formats.

It is available for Windows, MacOS and Linux and it's open source. It's quite powerful and many people use it instead of Photoshop for a variety of reasons.

Oooh really? I do have GIMP! Did not know that actually, thank you! Thats very useful to know!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

I have Photoshop but prefer to use GIMP.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1555 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.