1 minute ago, Beth Macbain said:

My avatar is me, though. She looks younger, thinner, etc., but as far as personality, who I am, etc., etc., it's the same in both worlds. I don't consider it RP as I'm not pretending to be something I'm not. If I made Beth Macbain a vampire instead of a human, then yeah, it would absolutely be RP. 

When I see your avi in your pic, I assume that your SL is RPing as a cat, and that's cool. 

I think it all comes down to the ways different people approach SL. I consider it an extension of my RL. Some create an entire new persona. Some become cats. 

Bloodlines bills itself as an RP game, though, as someone showed above. 

I don't care if people want to keep arguing about whether it is good or bad, but I do think this thread belongs in the RP section. 

It is an interesting question.  I've heard from older players that there used to be a lot of rp - clans behaving to each other in character, working up back stories, and so on, but I've seen none myself.  I'm using the game framework to inspire me in developing my own back story but there are no scenes acted out; I take some pretty pictures and the story is written down outworld.

As for where this thread should go, I don't mind.  Perhaps flag it and see what happens?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XETERNALXLIGHTX said:

There is a potion

And that's free yeah? No-one has to pay for it and when I use it my soul is 'mine' again to give to whoever I choose, as simple as that?

If I can't and it's not and I have to pay just to get my virtual soul back then that means I don't get to play the game on my terms. Why should anybody have to pick up from when they accepted some random bite?

U can't join the game urself even if you want it.

Yes I can. I just buy the HUD I want surely.

Also they can wear for one time a freebie called garlic necklace activate and remove it and that's it

The point is it should be opt-in, not opt-out. Nobody should have to use a tool of the game to not play the game.

Edited by wesleytron

2 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

There's a simple way to avoid the reactions you get inworld; hide your groups.  Another player wearing a HUD will of course be able to see that you play.

But thats the point. I don't want to hide I'm a vampire. Cause we all are users of sl. And most of the bl people ik suprisingly not care about souls or recruit newcomers. This thing divide users for no reason. There is no way someone steal a soul from u if u don't want to. And when soul is just a point and nothing more things are much simpler. Don't wear a hud and the point never will be given or the garlic necklace will save. Why we have to be hiding. I would loved to be hiding if I was indeed being evil and indeed steal and harm users like a real vampire. 😂 For ducks sake we ask for permission to bite. And they still hate us. Next step is a full warrant page with seal of proof and signatures. 

18 minutes ago, wesleytron said:

The point is it should be opt-in, not opt-out. Nobody should have to use a tool of the game to not play the game.

Strictly speaking it is opt-in.  You can choose not to accept a bite.  I do understand, though, that new people might click on anything presented to them and the spampiring that went on in the first years was horrible. 

Edited by Garnet Psaltery

Let's speak about it. And analyse what the heck is true and what is myth about bloodlines. 

I see even at 2020 people still complain about spampires and trying to stop other people from join a game that a huge majority of sl is part of it. 

Bloodlines is far from perfect and indeed is not recommended for newbies. First of all its an rp based game. So being solo will not going to be a fun experience. Everything u hear about being expensive and needs lindens is questionable at best. 

Some people they need to realise that all their hatred is ignorance and freaking delusions. Let's start about souls. It's truly insulting and I truly mean it someone being so dumb to not realise that an avatar soul is just a point on the game. If someone have ur soul is like takin a point in a game. Can't control u neither ur avi dies and becomes unusable. The whole master slave is part of rp and not a real need to obey nobody. Literally the whole fuss is about the term soul cause if it was called blpoint nobody will gave *****. 

Secondly. All this old sl users experienced a really bad time when this game released. People was spamin bite request and was bit of a mess. They lack to realise through that they complaint about their morral behaviour. Not personal but in general. Nobody had the morals back then to explain or even try to behave and actually that's their issue because they chose to demonise and scapegoat it than try to change it. 

More or less at this point of time people who join it usually find a clan or a family which most of the time provide the basic to the new come player. From food and some times even hud. It's literally impossible to raise in ranks solo. So the loose vamps or other creatures who spam request are ignorant and they don't even realise to claim a soul need the victim own and wear a hud.

Beware through. It's an rp centre game. U obviously need to give something to the family u join! And that's ur personal call where u join and who family u decide to be part of. If are rp slavery don't complain about it. If are based on raising ranks and need active members don't complain if you slacking or not take part. In general avoid bloodlines if u want to be only a vampire. Beter make an avi and stay out of the rp and the system.  

The whole victimisation of vamps made it worse. Are sims that forbid bl like are a plague or something?  Really? If someone in sl is trolling u blame all sl?

Or for example maybe ban mesh avatars cause they create lag from sims because the classic ones are lighter? 

In everything in sl u make the decisions and u make ur own morral rules. Nothing is free and in some way or another u will have to give back for what u get. If you dream souls and armies u won't get them for free. To get souls actually u need to support the people who offer their souls and make them strong. Even if you buy souls it's not going do much since u need have high ranked minions and that mean friends trust and support. 

Read and meet players of the game before take the decision. Read some manuals before u join something and stop hearing old folks who openly admit that they hated something never took part in it and they complain to this day for something they experienced as outsiders. 

It's somewhat difficult to follow your writing (I mean no offense, I wouldn't be able to do nearly as well in any language but English), but I do want to comment on a few things:

1. " join a game that a huge majority of sl is part of it. " - assuming you mean a huge majority of SL is a part of, I'd counter that I doubt that is true in any event and, if you're going by the number of people in their bite database, it's a pretty ridiculous measure.  I was "bitten" on like my 3rd day, had no idea what it was about, never did anything else with it, but I'd be in the database.
  2. I have to say the comment about "victimizing vampires" is the finest example of irony I've seen all month.  The ultimate victimisers (fictional vampires, not your RP wannabe vampires) are poor victims.
  3. I can't say I've ever come across a sim that says "no vampires or bloodline players allowed".  I have seen sims saying "no bite requests", which is hardly the same thing.  I've seen plenty of clubs and sims that say no nudity and no leashes - is that hatred towards and victimisation of BDSM practitioners?  The whole angels & demons combat thing a while back spawned lots of "no angels and demons fighting" notices on sims - was that hatred and victimisation?  No, it was clubs and sims managing the environment of their places, which they have every right to do.  If I come on a bloodlines sim and start flinging holy water, garlic, sunshine grenades, and wooden stakes at everyone, will you treat me as an RPer, or as a griefer?
  4. It's not up to us "old folks" to stop sharing our experiences (which you admit were bad, back in the day) with your game - it's up to you to sell your game to a new generation.  Stop blaming others for your failure to overcome your own bad reputation.

4 minutes ago, XETERNALXLIGHTX said:

But thats the point. I don't want to hide I'm a vampire. Cause we all are users of sl. And most of the bl people ik suprisingly not care about souls or recruit newcomers. This thing divide users for no reason. There is no way someone steal a soul from u if u don't want to. And when soul is just a point and nothing more things are much simpler. Don't wear a hud and the point never will be given or the garlic necklace will save. Why we have to be hiding. I would loved to be hiding if I was indeed being evil and indeed steal and harm users like a real vampire. 😂 For ducks sake we ask for permission to bite. And they still hate us. Next step is a full warrant page with seal of proof and signatures. 

I don't know what to say to this, really.  I've had very little concern from people I've met, and when I did encounter a bit of concern from an event host I hid my groups temporarily.  That's just good manners.

People are free to play bloodlines, and I am free to ban it's use from places I own.

Bloodlines has no intent on working with people to help prevent it's use in places it is unwelcome, so I have no intent on working with it by allowing it period. If they change their attitude on allowing detection, monitoring, and regulation, (I. E. A global llRegionSay channel that emits data regarding bites and usage) I reserve all rights to ban it just as I ban griefing defense huds.

Edited by Chaser Zaks
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tolya Ugajin said:

I was "bitten" on like my 3rd day, had no idea what it was about, never did anything else with it, but I'd be in the database.

You're not, if that helps. :) 

1 minute ago, wesleytron said:

And that's free yeah? No-one has to pay for it and when I use it my soul is 'mine' again to give to whoever I choose, as simple as that?

If I can't and it's not and I have to pay just to get my virtual soul back then that means I don't get to play the game on my terms. Why should anybody have to pick up from where they accepted some random bite?

Yes I can. I just buy the HUD I want surely.

The one who turns u obviously sees some worth on and he/she should pay it. So u basically don't have to buy it. That's questionable through in what character u met and what morals haves. He/ she may ask you real weird stuff or being generous. If u bite by a random u just need a potion and reset the bite. Ur logical question is not that logical cause the only way to be on system by ur own as mentioned is to be human. And humans in bloodlines are actually food supply. So u are not exactly part of bloodlines when u are human. Which by the way u find useless having ur soul as human very fast since ur existence is made only for feeding other creatures. And the moment a creature bites u claims ur soul whatever u do. Nobody in bloodlines have its soul on their avi. They might have alts. But still u can't whatever u do keep ur soul and being active in bloodlines. 

U are not part of the game if u are biten. Neither u loose ur soul. Ur soul is on u till u wear a hud and activate the transfer. 

11 minutes ago, Chaser Zaks said:

People are free to play bloodlines, and I am free to ban it's use from places I own.

Bloodlines has no intent on working with people to help prevent it's use in places it is unwelcome, so I have no intent on working with it by allowing it period.

Of course you can do whatever you want with places you own.  Have you spoken with the creators of the game about your concern?

[EDIT because you added this :- If they change their attitude on allowing detection, monitoring, and regulation, (I. E. A global llRegionSay channel that emits data regarding bites and usage) I reserve all rights to ban it just as I ban griefing defense huds.

I don't know how that works or what has been discussed, if anything.  I'll raise the topic in group chat.

1 minute ago, XETERNALXLIGHTX said:

And humans in bloodlines are actually food supply. So u are not exactly part of bloodlines when u are human. Which by the way u find useless having ur soul as human very fast since ur existence is made only for feeding other creatures.

I have to disagree with that.  A human is a part of the game and can accumulate achievements, start a family and have minions.  There are people who simply enjoy the status of human in a family that looks after them by paying them.  

7 minutes ago, Chaser Zaks said:

Bloodlines has no intent on working with people to help prevent it's use in places it is unwelcome, so I have no intent on working with it by allowing it period. If they change their attitude on allowing detection, monitoring, and regulation, (I. E. A global llRegionSay channel that emits data regarding bites and usage) I reserve all rights to ban it just as I ban griefing defense huds.

U always be free to ban every one u like. Ur place ur rules. But baning me cause some idiot spam bites it's like generalise behaviour. That I try to say. We receive hate for stuff u don't understand and we held responsible for acts we didn't do. I could say this becames racist. 😂 

4 minutes ago, XETERNALXLIGHTX said:

Next step is a full warrant page with seal of proof and signatures. 

No, because no one cares that much. I don’t see any current relevant conversations about this. Play your game with other players, have fun with your in-game friends. Where’s the issue? If you do that then there aren’t any issues.
But if you choose to openly play a character out in the general public, in a game that has a deservedly bad reputation from the widespread bad behavior of many of the players, and evidently it IS a game with people still going around asking non-game-players if they can bite them, (so that IS being a spampire) then yes - you can expect a consistently negative reaction just by your presence.
You will not change public opinion on this topic, that battle was over before I got here in 2008. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I have to disagree with that.  A human is a part of the game and can accumulate achievements, start a family and have minions.  There are people who simply enjoy the status of human in a family that looks after them by paying them.  

Ur achievements are being biten 50 times. And etc.  That's I try to explain.  The moment someone bite u ur soul goes to him. There are ways to get it back but when u get biten again will be transfer. I'm a blood angel. I can't hold my soul on my soul list. That's a thing all we have to deal with. Only the first borns and I'm not sure about that either have their souls. And I said again if this was called 123 bloodline point and not soul u didn't even cared. 

7 minutes ago, XETERNALXLIGHTX said:

And humans in bloodlines are actually food supply. So u are not exactly part of bloodlines when u are human.

If you buy and wear any of the HUDS - including the human one - you have registered with the Bloodlines game database so yes, they ARE part of the game.

Just now, Fauve Aeon said:

No, because no one cares that much. I don’t see any current relevant conversations about this. Play your game with other players, have fun with your in-game friends. Where’s the issue? If you do that then there aren’t any issues.
But if you choose to openly play a character out in the general public, in a game that has a deservedly bad reputation from the widespread bad behavior of many of the players, and evidently it IS a game with people still going around asking non-game-players if they can bite them, (so that IS being a spampire) then yes - you can expect a consistently negative reaction just by your presence.
You will not change public opinion on this topic, that battle was over before I got here in 2008. 

Ik I won't Change the public opinion. And I will keep enjoying my sl. I just had to say some stuff. As u see a lot of people from this random rant speak. We don't troll and we kinda have a nice conversation. Disagree and agree and thinking. It's a start. I think. 

5 minutes ago, XETERNALXLIGHTX said:

U always be free to ban every one u like. Ur place ur rules. But baning me cause some idiot spam bites it's like generalise behaviour. That I try to say. We receive hate for stuff u don't understand and we held responsible for acts we didn't do. I could say this becames racist. 😂 

Please just don't start using terms like that.  It's not helping.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, XETERNALXLIGHTX said:

Ur achievements are being biten 50 times. And etc.  That's I try to explain.  The moment someone bite u ur soul goes to him. There are ways to get it back but when u get biten again will be transfer. I'm a blood angel. I can't hold my soul on my soul list. That's a thing all we have to deal with. Only the first borns and I'm not sure about that either have their souls. And I said again if this was called 123 bloodline point and not soul u didn't even cared. 

So, where is the option in the "bite request" for me to drive a stake through your black shriveled heart and cut off your head? I mean, that's my response to a vampire attacking me.. Lets be real here, Bloodlines is a numbers game. Just because they "ask" to bite, doesn't make it any less a numbers game. If its not RP, whats the point?Wander the SLverse getting numbers? For what? Are they like SLs version of Jehovahs?

8 minutes ago, XETERNALXLIGHTX said:

Seeing as vampires aren't a race... 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

You do realize that the forums has a built in spell checker, right? This is not a text to ur frendz.. You sound like a tween. 

The Op did that with her opening salvo..

@XETERNALXLIGHTX No one, literally, NO ONE was talking about Bloodlines recently.. It died and was buried by some nekos in their litter box several years ago. In terms of popular activities in SL anyway. Nice try on resurrecting the dead though. Or.. undead..

I do. Sue me. 😂 I wanted to share this stuff. It's forbidden? 

9 minutes ago, XETERNALXLIGHTX said:

I could say this becames racist. 😂 

Do not go there with your pretend ‘vampire race’ RP crap. It’s clearly a game and a choice. With this statement, you trivialize a real and serious human rights issue that so many people have no choice in and are seriously disadvantaged by.
Your credibility balance just became 0.00% 

game over. 

Edited by Fauve Aeon
  • Like 4

Oh, look. The paranoid mob is yet again gathering their pitchforks and torches like the ignorant plebeians they are; perpetuating misconceptions and slander about that which they clearly don't understand, and have no desire to understand.

It's pointless trying to explain Bloodlines to those who are already hellbent on hating it. It's opt-in; receiving a bite request is no different from being asked by a dance machine to animate your avatar, or someone using a HUD to animate a hug or kiss with you. Blaming Bloodlines is to blame the tool, rather than the operator.

Does everyone who own a gun in SL shoot people at random? No. Does everyone who are part of Bloodlines spam everyone they see? No. The 'spampires' are griefers, no different from any other griefers who spam you or bother you in any other way; treat them as griefers, block them and move along.

Heck, if it does bother you 'so much', there's an entirely free tool with which you block all Bloodlines interactions. Perpetually. But 'nuuh, I shouldn't have to do anything, I don't want to wear this thing and click it once and then delete it and never have to look back, I'm entitled to never having to say no to anything I don't want, no one should ever offer me something I don't want'. Scoffs.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, XETERNALXLIGHTX said:

I do. Sue me. 😂 I wanted to share this stuff. It's forbidden? 

Share what stuff? You mean the common knowledge over Bloodlines that has been hashed and rehashed over the years that NO ONE CARES ABOUT ANYMORE...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fauve Aeon said:

Do not go there with your pretend ‘vampire race’ RP crap. It’s clearly a game and a choice. With this statement, you trivialize a real and serious human rights issue that so many people have no choice in and are seriously disadvantaged by. You credibility balance just became 0.00% 

game over. 

Ban people for their preferences without having trespass a law it's has nothing to do with vamps.  Moraly is wrong. 

Edited by XETERNALXLIGHTX
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just by the by I've reported this post as possibly needing moving to the RP section.  I don't actually think it counts as rp but there seems to be enough opinion that it does.  I don't mind either way.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Share what stuff? You mean the common knowledge over Bloodlines that has been hashed and rehashed over the years that NO ONE CARES ABOUT ANYMORE...

Comon Knowledge. There are people want to burn me on the pyre on 2020. 

😂 chill a bit. We just chat. I enjoy seeing the opinions.