Bloodlines misunderstanding.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1555 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Unless these people are vampires in RL, they're RPing as vampires. 

Y'all don't actually think vampires exist, do you...?

That's a stretch of the term rp.  I've already explained the basics of how the game works, and that actual rp is an optional extra.  I could explain in more detail but I don't want to make this thread look like an advertisement.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

If they did I would totally wanted to join them. Heck 2020 sucks. I want to see future like flying cars and stuff 😂

Not mention at this point I feel more like the Lord of the rings when the orks was unleashed moment than a vampire thing 

Edited by XETERNALXLIGHTX
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

That's a stretch of the term rp.  I've already explained the basics of how the game works, and that actual rp is an optional extra.  I could explain in more detail but I don't want to make this thread look like an advertisement.

Isn't RP simply pretending to be something or someone you're not? I'm truly not trying to be difficult here, but I don't understand how pretending to be a vampire isn't RP. I get that Bloodlines is a game, but you're taking on a character to play the game, right? 

10 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Think it more like curency in some clans. Instead lindens they acept blood. Other clans care about ranks and gather in unions to achieve a task. Others like rp slave stuff and mix all of the above with adult services or not. The rp is like natural flow from it since vamps and lycans and angels and demons are lore creatures so it's kinda natural but not necessarily a rule every were. I have seen modern vampire clubs with vampire clients and human supporting a dj leader with blood offerings. It's fluid. 

I don’t think there are misconceptions. Many people who play this game have intrusively bugged way too many people who had no wish to be dragged into some spoopy RP game so that bad reputation was earned. You can say ‘not all vampires...’ all you like but the most common reaction will be twofold... 1) who cares and 2) shoo, bat, shoo. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Isn't RP simply pretending to be something or someone you're not? I'm truly not trying to be difficult here, but I don't understand how pretending to be a vampire isn't RP. I get that Bloodlines is a game, but you're taking on a character to play the game, right? 

Rp is pretending but acting too. It's like actin on a movie. U act medieval way speak like it dress like it. If u are a vampire with normal clothes and being urself like u would with ur normal avi but at same time u are a vampire that feeds on blood it's not consider rp. Since its basic enjoy sl clubbing shopping and hang out. Rp needs script or act to some lvl.

4 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Well, you could say the same thing about being an avatar in SL.  Where do you draw the line?  If I visit the Bloodlines HQ regions I never go there pretending to be a blood angel.  The type of being you choose to be (i.e. the HUD you buy) determines what you can do in the game (it's mostly the same but in different colours).  You could rp as something else and it wouldn't affect the game.  I describe my choice on my profile so people know that I play.  I don't expect or ask that people rp with me.

1 hour ago, XETERNALXLIGHTX said:

I see even at 2020 people still complain about spampires and trying to stop other people from join a game that a huge majority of sl is part of it

Bolded part : please show your numbers for this - assertion.

Unless you count wearing the g necklace years ago (may have, can't be bothered to remember) then nope - never have. Of course, you ( not U ) could mean that the majority are included against their knowledge 😃

Nice attempt at an ad though. Still going to mute spampires without a seconds hesitation (those simply going about their business don't bother me)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fauve Aeon said:

I don’t think there are misconceptions. Many people who play this game have intrusively bugged way too many people who had no wish to be dragged into some spoopy RP game so that bad reputation was earned. You can say ‘not all vampires...’ all you like but the most common reaction will be twofold... 1) who cares and 2) shoo, bat, shoo. 

I don't speak to Salem supporters! 😂 And ewww who likes garlic. 

I agree with the people who forced to join. I made this post just to clarify ignorance is the evil here. People who don't know what they do and more people who think something horible that ruined their life's happend. It's just a game and points. 

2 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

What's with the original poster's inability to spell the word "you"?

I took it as a stellar example of the type of scintillating conversation one might expect to have were one to play this game. Not helping to build their case much, is it? 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Fauve Aeon said:

I took it as a stellar example of the type of scintillating conversation one might expect to have were one to play this game. Not helping to build their case much, is it? 🤣

I have many interesting conversations with other members.  You might expect differently but then you've never played it.  

Let's speak about it. And analyse what the heck is true and what is myth about bloodlines. 

I see even at 2020 people still complain about spampires and trying to stop other people from join a game that a huge majority of sl is part of it. 

Let's start with a myth - see bolded comment above.

Unless you have some set of numbers the PROVE how many folks in SL are part of Bloodlines, combined with some RECENT numbers from LL telling us how many SL accounts there are - and how many of those accounts are unique people and how many are actually active accounts.

• Like 2

Talks a lot about RP. Refuses to write you instead of u. What a shame.

Just deal with it, that a ton of players have worked day and night to create the reputation your game has. Has bloodlines at least deleted that database, that took the names of everyone biten?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mikka Luik said:

Bolded part : please show your numbers for this - assertion.

Unless you count wearing the g necklace years ago (may have, can't be bothered to remember) then nope - never have. Of course, you ( not U ) could mean that the majority are included against their knowledge 😃

Nice attempt at an ad though. Still going to mute spampires without a seconds hesitation (those simply going about their business don't bother me)

I would loved to be an add here. Trully. 

Still I am just a normal everyday user of sl who likes being vampire and do vampire stuff. And I meet people scary of me every day like I'm a scam I need their souls or a deceiver. Or most of times I meet people who want to join and are afraid cause this myths. If you see my rank in bloodlines u won't be suprised at all. I only have 3 souls and this was what I chose to have. I'm not interested on going high rank or recruit people I can't support. For me a leader in bl should offer food and shelter and help the minions not claim and run. Neither I forced nobody to follow. I warned that this game is not for newbies and also asked to search before they join a clan. It's far from an add. I'm not willing or will turn someone cause personaly can't support them as I see right. I am just not being a bad vampire with no morals who want ur souls. By the way if I lvl up and help my friends I would raise more faster than turn 100 soon to drop the game users. It's useless own souls that will not lvl up.

It is an excellent RP hook, but the thing is, the RP just isn't there. I spent weeks trying to find a single group who'd actually roleplay it and couldn't (at least nobody with the demon system); everyone just wanted numbers. So I got numbers for a little bit and then got bored and quit.

That said it's not a pyramid scheme. There's no structure like that to it, you don't get anything significant from people you convert, and the creator just gets the usual price of the game.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Syo Emerald said:

Has bloodlines at least deleted that database, that took the names of everyone biten?

The database exists.  If you wear the garlic necklace your name does not appear.  If you had an account and deactivated it then your name is replaced with another. 

Edited by Garnet Psaltery

3 minutes ago, XETERNALXLIGHTX said:

I would loved to be an add here. Trully. 

Still I am just a normal everyday user of sl who likes being vampire and do vampire stuff. And I meet people scary of me every day like I'm a scam I need their souls or a deceiver. Or most of times I meet people who want to join and are afraid cause this myths. If you see my rank in bloodlines u won't be suprised at all. I only have 3 souls and this was what I chose to have. I'm not interested on going high rank or recruit people I can't support. For me a leader in bl should offer food and shelter and help the minions not claim and run. Neither I forced nobody to follow. I warned that this game is not for newbies and also asked to search before they join a clan. It's far from an add. I'm not willing or will turn someone cause personaly can't support them as I see right. I am just not being a bad vampire with no morals who want ur souls. By the way if I lvl up and help my friends I would raise more faster than turn 100 soon to drop the game users. It's useless own souls that will not lvl up.

There's a simple way to avoid the reactions you get inworld; hide your groups.  Another player wearing a HUD will of course be able to see that you play.

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Let's start with a myth - see bolded comment above.

Unless you have some set of numbers the PROVE how many folks in SL are part of Bloodlines, combined with some RECENT numbers from LL telling us how many SL accounts there are - and how many of those accounts are unique people and how many are actually active accounts.

At least and I truly mean the number daily is over 2.500 users active in bloodlines. The insane numbers of past have to do with an gold fever of soul owning on past and alts. This numbers never was real people at first place. The number of souls existing true is far too huge. Still on every sim I go that haves people  I see 3/10 bl users. 

7 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Well, you could say the same thing about being an avatar in SL.  Where do you draw the line?  If I visit the Bloodlines HQ regions I never go there pretending to be a blood angel.  The type of being you choose to be (i.e. the HUD you buy) determines what you can do in the game (it's mostly the same but in different colours).  You could rp as something else and it wouldn't affect the game.  I describe my choice on my profile so people know that I play.  I don't expect or ask that people rp with me.

My avatar is me, though. She looks younger, thinner, etc., but as far as personality, who I am, etc., etc., it's the same in both worlds. I don't consider it RP as I'm not pretending to be something I'm not. If I made Beth Macbain a vampire instead of a human, then yeah, it would absolutely be RP. 

When I see your avi in your pic, I assume that your SL is RPing as a cat, and that's cool. 

I think it all comes down to the ways different people approach SL. I consider it an extension of my RL. Some create an entire new persona. Some become cats. 

Bloodlines bills itself as an RP game, though, as someone showed above. 

I don't care if people want to keep arguing about whether it is good or bad, but I do think this thread belongs in the RP section. 

Linden dollars are not physical is sceme to.  U literaly not need money to be in the game. U just need to find a clan that need ur service or the number and be active. If you want to be a king u need to spend lindens indeed. If u just want to have a family and friends and like the lore u can be a decent vamp. And from my view queens and kings are the slaves of the clan not a desired goal. Not mention need years. It's like SL. If you want land u pay it or rent it. But still u can have no home and still being in SL. I don't get it with the money at all. 

You do realize that the forums has a built in spell checker, right? This is not a text to ur frendz.. You sound like a tween. 

31 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I don't want to make this thread look like an advertisement.

The Op did that with her opening salvo..

@XETERNALXLIGHTX No one, literally, NO ONE was talking about Bloodlines recently.. It died and was buried by some nekos in their litter box several years ago. In terms of popular activities in SL anyway. Nice try on resurrecting the dead though. Or.. undead..

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1555 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.