Bloodlines misunderstanding.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1534 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Let's speak about it. And analyse what the heck is true and what is myth about bloodlines. 

I see even at 2020 people still complain about spampires and trying to stop other people from join a game that a huge majority of sl is part of it. 

Bloodlines is far from perfect and indeed is not recommended for newbies. First of all its an rp based game. So being solo will not going to be a fun experience. Everything u hear about being expensive and needs lindens is questionable at best. 

Some people they need to realise that all their hatred is ignorance and freaking delusions. Let's start about souls. It's truly insulting and I truly mean it someone being so dumb to not realise that an avatar soul is just a point on the game. If someone have ur soul is like takin a point in a game. Can't control u neither ur avi dies and becomes unusable. The whole master slave is part of rp and not a real need to obey nobody. Literally the whole fuss is about the term soul cause if it was called blpoint nobody will gave *****. 

Secondly. All this old sl users experienced a really bad time when this game released. People was spamin bite request and was bit of a mess. They lack to realise through that they complaint about their morral behaviour. Not personal but in general. Nobody had the morals back then to explain or even try to behave and actually that's their issue because they chose to demonise and scapegoat it than try to change it. 

More or less at this point of time people who join it usually find a clan or a family which most of the time provide the basic to the new come player. From food and some times even hud. It's literally impossible to raise in ranks solo. So the loose vamps or other creatures who spam request are ignorant and they don't even realise to claim a soul need the victim own and wear a hud.

Beware through. It's an rp centre game. U obviously need to give something to the family u join! And that's ur personal call where u join and who family u decide to be part of. If are rp slavery don't complain about it. If are based on raising ranks and need active members don't complain if you slacking or not take part. In general avoid bloodlines if u want to be only a vampire. Beter make an avi and stay out of the rp and the system.  

The whole victimisation of vamps made it worse. Are sims that forbid bl like are a plague or something?  Really? If someone in sl is trolling u blame all sl?

Or for example maybe ban mesh avatars cause they create lag from sims because the classic ones are lighter? 

In everything in sl u make the decisions and u make ur own morral rules. Nothing is free and in some way or another u will have to give back for what u get. If you dream souls and armies u won't get them for free. To get souls actually u need to support the people who offer their souls and make them strong. Even if you buy souls it's not going do much since u need have high ranked minions and that mean friends trust and support. 

Read and meet players of the game before take the decision. Read some manuals before u join something and stop hearing old folks who openly admit that they hated something never took part in it and they complain to this day for something they experienced as outsiders. 

received_362402734338847.png

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, XETERNALXLIGHTX said:

Let's start about souls. It's truly insulting and I truly mean it someone being so dumb to not realise that an avatar soul is just a point on the game. If someone have ur soul is like takin a point in a game. Can't control u neither ur avi dies and becomes unusable.

So if as a newbie I accepted a bite not really knowing what it was all about, and then two years later decide I want to play Bloodlines, I assume I can just easily get my "soul" back and start afresh playing the game on my terms right?

Edited by wesleytron
  • Like 1

You complain that people don't take part in it before they criticise it, but the whole problem was that it was imposed on people who didn't want to be involved. It shouldn't have been bothering anyone who didn't want to participate. 

The fact that you feel a need to educate anyone outside of it indicates that it's still a steaming pile of intrusive, spammy cack. Begone.

*waves crucifixes and stakes*

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, wesleytron said:

So if as newbie I accepted a bite not really knowing what it was all about, and then two years later decide I want to play Bloodlines, I assume I can just get my "soul" back and start fresh playing the game on my terms right?

There is a potion. U can't join the game urself even if you want it. Since u need to be turned from an existing member. If the existing memberu chose wants u it can exchange a soul from ur soul. If u haven't even wear a hud ur soul is not even claimed. And it's another potion u just drink and the Turner of u just rebites u and gets ur soul. You can't own ur own soul or turned to bloodlines by your own. 

Edited by XETERNALXLIGHTX
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

You complain that people don't take part in it before they criticise it, but the whole problem was that it was imposed on people who didn't want to be involved. It shouldn't have been bothering anyone who didn't want to participate. 

The fact that you feel a need to educate anyone outside of it indicates that it's still a steaming pile of intrusive, spammy cack. Begone.

*waves crucifixes and stakes*

I complain about people who they judge my game experience from lack of ignorance of wth I am and do.  By old folks who have a complete distorted view of something they most never was a part. And I am bit anoyed had to solve superstitions and myths the same ignorant people made just because.  I don't doctrine or seek flock. I openly refuse to acept strangers or turn non active for just points. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

First of all, it's a pyramid scheme. $$$

Linden dollars are not physical is sceme to.  U literaly not need money to be in the game. U just need to find a clan that need ur service or the number and be active. If you want to be a king u need to spend lindens indeed. If u just want to have a family and friends and like the lore u can be a decent vamp. And from my view queens and kings are the slaves of the clan not a desired goal. Not mention need years. It's like SL. If you want land u pay it or rent it. But still u can have no home and still being in SL. I don't get it with the money at all. 

23 minutes ago, XETERNALXLIGHTX said:

Some people they need to realise that all their hatred is ignorance and freaking delusions.

I don't hate Bloodlines, it's more like disdain. And it's not delusion, it's experience. The experience of unsolicited bite requests from spampires where they shouldn't be. A bite pest standing it front of a "No Bloodlines" sign sending out bite requests to everyone who teleports in does not give non-players a positive impression of the game. And my impression was set years ago before my block list was full of spampire fangs.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lyssa Greymoon said:

I don't hate Bloodlines, it's more like disdain. And it's not delusion, it's experience. The experience of unsolicited bite requests from spampires where they shouldn't be. A bite pest standing it front of a "No Bloodlines" sign sending out bite requests to everyone who teleports in does not give non-players a positive impression of the game. And my impression was set years ago before my block list was full of spampire fangs.

U knew about garlic necklace? They knew about its pointless to spam bite?  Both sides are to blame here. That's why I say the whole bad vampires gave a negative impact. People who don't like to be biten they don't know that even if they do its just a point on a game they won't interested and won't even give to someone since never Gona wear a hud.  And stupid vampires who think randoma bite Gona make them clan leaders in a month. 

I don't know what's sparked this rant but as another member of the game I can correct a few points.

The game is expensive if you want to rise by any substantial degree, or if you're the helpful sort who provides potions and HUDs, or if you find yourself having to ransom a soul.  Peripheral costs might include providing a family HQ.

Mastery/slavery is optional depending on the family rp.  My family allows none of that.

You can easily be a vampire playing Bloodlines but not taking part in any rp - again it's up to the family.

Anyone can join the game by buying a HUD.  If they are not bitten then they are simply a Human.

Bloodlines is not a pyramid scheme.  It is a game created to make a profit (as well as be fun for the creators).  The only pyramids in it are those formed virtually by the ranks you can achieve together with your owned souls and minions.

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I don't know what's sparked this rant but as another member of the game I can correct a few points.

The game is expensive if you want to rise by any substantial degree, or if you're the helpful sort who provides potions and HUDs, or if you find yourself having to ransom a soul.  Peripheral costs might include providing a family HQ.

Mastery/slavery is optional depending on the family rp.  My family allows none of that.

You can easily be a vampire playing Bloodlines but not taking part in any rp - again it's up to the family.

Anyone can join the game by buying a HUD.  If they are not bitten then they are simply a Human.

Bloodlines is not a pyramid scheme.  It is a game created to make a profit (as well as be fun for the creators).  The only pyramids in it are those formed virtually by the ranks you can achieve together with your owned souls and minions.

All I try to say is that I have to inform and solve delusions over inside sl over and over just because people who never play it think incorrect stuff. I sometimes see some fear when they hear I'm a vampire like the person who judges me is a furry unicorn with devil wings and I'm the villain of some kind. I see huge majority of people argue about being biten or not like it's something. It's a point. On a game . A point that will never give to someone cause never they wear a hud and that's their call. Also they can wear for one time a freebie called garlic necklace activate and remove it and that's it. Bite proof forever. I just see people speaking about half decade events like it's today. And I just telling some facts from my view and experience. 

1 minute ago, XETERNALXLIGHTX said:

All I try to say is that I have to inform and solve delusions over inside sl over and over just because people who never play it think incorrect stuff. I sometimes see some fear when they hear I'm a vampire like the person who judges me is a furry unicorn with devil wings and I'm the villain of some kind. I see huge majority of people argue about being biten or not like it's something. It's a point. On a game . A point that will never give to someone cause never they wear a hud and that's their call. Also they can wear for one time a freebie called garlic necklace activate and remove it and that's it. Bite proof forever. I just see people speaking about half decade events like it's today. And I just telling some facts from my view and experience. 

I understand your desire to clarify the situation, but I feel that you could perhaps have been a little more subtle in the way you expressed it.  You will now have the forum regulars descending to argue with you and/or post memes; it's what they do, and it's better not to react to it for the sake of your health.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I understand your desire to clarify the situation, but I feel that you could perhaps have been a little more subtle in the way you expressed it.  You will now have the forum regulars descending to argue with you and/or post memes; it's what they do, and it's better not to react to it for the sake of your health.

I'm a tough one. Don't worry 😊.  I just wanted to say stuff Ito was needed to say. My health won't going being afected. I speak with logic and facts not with emotions. The only thing is they make the sl experience more difficult with this superstitions. Soon we will have save space distance  in virtual world with some of them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Beth Macbain said:

What is it then? 

It's not people RPing as vampires?

They can if they want to (or as lycans, angels, demons, or humans) but the structure of the game is simply that you achieve status (on a website) by performing tasks.  You don't even have to get any achievements if you don't want to but most do.  It's the pull of any typical game.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

What is it then? 

It's not people RPing as vampires?

U can have a vampire clan based on a club and not even rp about it. Or u can have a whole castle and rp on it. In general it's rp based. The whole thing through needs people and clans to be progressive. U can do ranking stuff or just adult rp stuff or simple rp stuff with it. From my experience bl opened doors to people who was part of it and wasn't closed. Met people. Some I hated some I loved but was like being part in something. Clans being friendly other clansmelding and helping for achieving some goals or not.  Or support each other busness. The 80% of the clans through is rp.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1534 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.