Any activity in the way of Restarts?

Aishagain

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1556 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Given that the past week has been a tad chaotic, what will be done with Restarts this week, there seems no sign either in here or on the Grid Status Page. 🤐

Edited by Aishagain
spelling

I think next week is going to be interesting. The problems last week seem to have included problems with the tool that carry out the restarts (most likely shell scripts). It looks like they fixed them, hence the second restarts we saw, but "It works!" isn't always the same as something being correct, and I was half-expecting a test run on an RC. I expect the tools have been run, but that's not quite the same as a test.

I had to dig out info yesterday, for an experienced sim-owner who had missed all the fun. Time zones and such, they hadn't been around, and they didn't even know there had been restarts.

All this speculation is less than productive.  There needs to be some sort of explanation for the current situation.  What perplexes me is that my homestead, Woods of Heaven continues to run on server version yada yada 533447, as it has done since before Christmas 2019.  Johngalt's post for the week commencing 6th January stated that there would be no rolls for Main Server regions and  yada yada 533895 would continue.  I have STILL not seen that server version ANYWHERE on the grid, and certainly not on regions which used at least to be Main Server; so I ask simply WHAT IS GOING ON?

Is the server version shown in the viewer no longer correct or is this simply that the post was wrong?  If the latter, why has no effort been made to correct the information?

The 1920s Berlin Project is on 533895, I was just there. Main Channel looks to be on 533447. I don't have a big problem with that.

Trouble is, they just ran restarts on the RCs, according to Status it was scheduled maintenance starting 08:00, and it was on the Twitter account at about the right time. But the Scheduled Maintenance timetable announcement on Status was at 07:59.

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1556 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.