HRH Harry & Meghan retire to...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1561 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 minutes ago, CheriColette said:

I wish them the best, and agree they should be able to set out on their own path after all, there is little likelihood of Harry being called apond to rule any time soon. 

But I can still appreciate the jokes....

Harry &Meghan.png

That one, not so much. This one...

Screenshot_20200114-135050_Twitter.jpg

• Haha 14

Please no, don't want those parasites in here with us.

Wish the individuals no ill will as such, and the treatment at the hands of the UK Press was - several nasty words - appalling but they and their spawn will be firmly clamped to the public  teat for ever. The sooner that whole 'institution' is put up against the wall dissolved the better.

There's some great images going around right now showing side by side how the press has treated Merkle vs Kate... and it's pretty bad.

It's clear these two were hounded out by racism despite the fact that Merkle looks even whiter than her husband, and is not actually the first black to be in the UK royal family line - that old 'blood drop' rule is obviously a thing in the UK.

This is a rare case where they will get less racist treatment in North America than over there. Usually that goes the other way around.

As for the joke on SL... this place is less welcoming that both the UK and North America so... nope.

• Like 4

I have to warn you Canada, they are a trifle expensive to maintain, and will expect to be kept in the gilded cages to which they have become accustomed at considerable taxpayer expense, because they're worth it.

Edited by rasterscan

Eh, 

14 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

There's some great images going around right now showing side by side how the press has treated Merkle vs Kate... and it's pretty bad.

It's clear these two were hounded out by racism despite the fact that Merkle looks even whiter than her husband, and is not actually the first black to be in the UK royal family line - that old 'blood drop' rule is obviously a thing in the UK.

This is a rare case where they will get less racist treatment in North America than over there. Usually that goes the other way around.

As for the joke on SL... this place is less welcoming that both the UK and North America so... nope.

I read in some UK newspaper about what Meghan spent compared to Kate, if that is true and not just numbers made up, I would not like her too. it was a years budget in clothes, Meghan 400 000 and Kate's under 70 000. Not including Meghan's wedding gown. One single dress she was wearing in Morocco cost over 80 000. (I can't find the pound symbol on my keyboard, but 10 000 British Pound is 13 000 US dollar) And then Meghan changed her engagement ring (!) to have the gold band replaced with a band of diamonds all the way around. I mean.... are you a snob then?

And her and Harry's very luxurious lifestyle with private jets. Baby shower costing what, I forgot, but it was insane. And heckling us plebs about taking a plane to our 2 week vacation once a year, so very much "do as I say, not as I do". I abhor those two-faced celebrities. 

I didn't even know she was "black", before the newspapers made a big case out of it. She looks like south European at most.

I don't like monarchy at all, but old Elizabeth has style and is even a bit frugal. Kate appears to be a considerate spender too.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I didn't even know she was "black", before the newspapers made a big case out of it. She looks like south European at most.

Exactly

She was a second-tier celebrity for years in the USA with very few people aware of this while it also NOT being a secret. It's just normal, at least on the coasts, now. Despite all our racism in the USA... on this one, we came out ahead of the other shore.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 2

Meghan is the real deal. She was an activist at age 12, and starred in one of my favorite TV shows (and did not know she was biracial for the first few seasons.), so she has experience being an independent woman as well as being in the spotlight -- but not like this. This is about racism, nothing else. She had a black preacher and choir for her wedding, and has not been forgiven for being proud of her heritage.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I’ve never seen anyone make a big deal out of Meghan being biracial. They did start lightening her up in magazines though. It was pretty obvious when she was in Suits.

Harry’s always been kind of the “Wild Child” and she probably wants to get back into acting. More power to them!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, janetosilio said:

I’ve never seen anyone make a big deal out of Meghan being biracial. They did start lightening her up in magazines though. It was pretty obvious when she was in Suits.

The Klan doesn't march around in white hoods anymore either.

What they do... is hound you for every OTHER last detail of your life in a standard that is much harsher than your peers. Hold every failure out for public ridicule. Every fault is put on you, every success is attributed to 'unfair uplifting' or someone else - you're success is always because of "affirmative action" or something you snuck through...

Thus why I note the series of images going round the net right now showing the same scenario with both of the 'royal wives' - and how each was handled radically differently.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1561 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.