Lelutka Evolution?

Janet Voxel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 966 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have both heads and have been very impressed with them. I have been wearing one or the other since I bought them, and that is saying something for me. I switch heads a lot! A couple things of note are that you have to be comfortable with BOM to use them, because they don’t use appliers on the makeup layers, only BOM. They respond very well to the sliders. All of the animations are completely new. I do miss some of my favorite animations from my old LeLutkas, but the new ones are great, too. The last three pics on my Flickr are the new heads, with new Glam Affair skins.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/143705118@N07/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

I was all set to not like these new heads. I decided to at least try the demo and was so impressed that I bought one for Blush. Then the next day bought another one for Debi, which is saying a lot since I had just invested in a Genus head and new skins two weeks ago for Debi. I absolutely love the new animations. I love the new HUD!! It offers all the best of Bakes while not loosing the ability to use applier makeup for the lips and eye shadow. I do use system layers for most of my makeup anyway but it's really nice to have that option for those who prefer to use an onion layer that has a transparency slider. 

I strongly encourage anyone who wants to use BoM for their mesh head to give these a demo.

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Eva Knoller said:

I have both heads and have been very impressed with them. I have been wearing one or the other since I bought them, and that is saying something for me. I switch heads a lot! 

Me too! That’s why I’m curious about it. I like to just start creating an avatar when nothing’s going on.

1 hour ago, Eva Knoller said:

A couple things of note are that you have to be comfortable with BOM to use them, because they don’t use appliers on the makeup layers, only BOM. They respond very well to the sliders.

I’m pretty comfortable with BoM. I’ve just been waiting for some skins from skin makers I like. It sounds like it’s a well made head!

2 hours ago, Eva Knoller said:

I do miss some of my favorite animations from my old LeLutkas, but the new ones are great, too. The last three pics on my Flickr are the new heads, with new Glam Affair skins.

I’ve always liked Lelutka’s animations. I can’t wait to play with the demos when I get home!

Very well done shots, you made the head look good!

• Thanks 1

Thought I'd share pics of the new Blush and Debi with the Erin head. Same head for both but different skins and shapes.

Here's Blush

erin-blush_001.thumb.jpg.288acdf06ab4020a733caefeab1d686c.jpg

and Debi

erin-debi_001.thumb.jpg.e5e059d36aaeed3041e5cf886ca08be8.jpg

Both utilize system layers for makeup, including lips and shadows. I do make use of the specular gloss over the lips and lids though. 

• Like 18

21 minutes ago, janetosilio said:

That looks awesome!

Does the head have specularity or is it just the makeup?

sorry,it s not just a makeup,i checked HUD settings and saw that i activated "young" effect with hud,and it shows specularity(like in Genus HUD Oily skin effect)

Edited by Panteleeva
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, janetosilio said:

I’ve always liked Lelutka’s animations. I can’t wait to play with the demos when I get home!

I’m curious to hear what you think! And no fear, there is still a RBF animation (one of my personal faves), and it’s even B-er than the old one. 😀

• Like 3

My favorite heads since release of Simone 2.0 (by Lelutka as well), especially Nova. The material effects (first icon,  under the LeL one that gives you link to the website with FAQ) are amazing, especially first 3 (2 versions for each, plus another 3x2 for mature ones), teary and wet effects are a bit overdone in my opinion, might look good on static pictures, though. Make sure to use windlight that doesn't butch all material effects (like CalWL does) to get a better look at them.

HD eyeshadows and HD lips are very nice, too. Comparing side by side to older heads... they really do look better. HUD is easy to use too, less flashy than old Lelutka one, though. Only downside in my opinion are moods compared to first two lines of Lelutka heads. I'm a big fan of very subtle moods myself and most new ones are a bit overly active for my tastes, 3 were pretty sublte to keep on, though. But it's just 1.0 release, so I'm sure they'll add/change/improve things over time, original Bento heads went a long way since Simone's release in december 2016. Going to play with it a bit more and send feedback to them later.

• Like 2

Lelutka was the first mesh head I purchased when they first became popular - I wore Simone for the longest time and loved it. I switched over to Genus Strong for the most part in the past year; I use many others also but Strong is my top fav. 

I was loathe to deal with BOM, but when Lelutka introduced the 2 new heads at a reduced price I took the plunge. I bought Nova first  without doing a demo since I trust Lelutka and there was a learning curve for me but, wow, I love the look and am very pleased with the head other than the lips being a bit too puffy for my tastes but, I'm working on fixing that. Then, decided to buy Erin and I actually like this one more since her lips are more to my liking. 

I'm getting used to using BOM now. The HUDS are really easy to use, animations are great. Glad I didn't toss out all my old appliers now also (I had dumped quite a bit of them but saved some). 

Erin with Glam Affair Xia 

Erin/Xia Closeup

This is Nova. I can't remember the applier because I was playing around with the appliers. Could be either YS&YS or DeeTalez

Lelutka Evolution, Nova

• Like 4

Difficult to decide. I did not want to upgrade my avatar, since I want to spend money on furniture and such stuff.

I can see this head is good, but is it better than my Simone? I already use BoM on Simone. I am trying to see if HD lips and makeup makes a big difference. I can't see the difference with only my eyes.

I assume that there will be Evolution products only, that can't be used on Simone and the others. But that is the HD stuff? All skins, tattoos and such items on avatar layers can be used on any product that can take BoM.

Using the shine, wet and such on the Evolution head makes it much darker, and it does not match my Maitreya body - also BoM. What am I doing wrong?

I have the two demos. I’m still playing around with shapes, so I haven’t settled on a look yet. I also have only worked with the Erin head, but holy crap!!!! This head is fantastic!!!!

The shape sliders allow such a wide range of looks, you can play with it for hours and keep coming up with something that looks good!

Lelutka did a really good job! I’ll post pictures when I settle on a look.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Difficult to decide. I did not want to upgrade my avatar, since I want to spend money on furniture and such stuff.

I can see this head is good, but is it better than my Simone? I already use BoM on Simone. I am trying to see if HD lips and makeup makes a big difference. I can't see the difference with only my eyes.

I assume that there will be Evolution products only, that can't be used on Simone and the others. But that is the HD stuff? All skins, tattoos and such items on avatar layers can be used on any product that can take BoM.

Using the shine, wet and such on the Evolution head makes it much darker, and it does not match my Maitreya body - also BoM. What am I doing wrong?

It's difficult to decide what is better and what is not for someone else. I did switch from Simone myself, after it was my "main" for over 3 years. Try the demo and some skins, play with sliders and see if you like it more yourself? If it's a definitive "yes", then it's worth to switch, if not, then it's not worth it. That's how I felt about their 2nd line of heads (Aida, Piper, Vera and Korina). I did like them, but not more than Simone, so after playing with demos for a week I decided to stick to Simone. This time it was a 100% "yes", so...

Not sure about why it makes heard much darker for you, though. It does go darker for a few seconds while applying materials, but then should be back to "normal". I'm not using BoM on my body, though, but it shouldn't really cause any difference.

14 minutes ago, steeljane42 said:

It's difficult to decide what is better and what is not for someone else. I did switch from Simone myself, after it was my "main" for over 3 years. Try the demo and some skins, play with sliders and see if you like it more yourself? If it's a definitive "yes", then it's worth to switch, if not, then it's not worth it. That's how I felt about their 2nd line of heads (Aida, Piper, Vera and Korina). I did like them, but not more than Simone, so after playing with demos for a week I decided to stick to Simone. This time it was a 100% "yes", so...

Not sure about why it makes heard much darker for you, though. It does go darker for a few seconds while applying materials, but then should be back to "normal". I'm not using BoM on my body, though, but it shouldn't really cause any difference.

I did find a BoM skin that was made for another LeLutka head, Stella. That skin looked great on Erin, and not good at all on Simone. I hope I can find more BoM demos before the 20th.

Why can I find that the Skinnery has made Evolution skins when I google Lelutka Evolution, but no one of them in the store?

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQotAeDCQlk5acMct-BtBavWZvnNuJ61bjCdEn8J7_Pitv9aLupuw&shttps://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ583Kf1mpkLdyLSAViNQZSuoAEtTpkgnAhIPJZcyaz0tSNLVFU&simage.jpeg.8db398fdaa094d1a23eb0d3c024f1454.jpeg

It was a disappointment that the Moods are so... dramatic? Unreal? What are your favorite mood?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Why can I find that the Skinnery has made Evolution skins when I google Lelutka Evolution, but no one of them in the store?

Those skins you posted below are all from glam affair, you can find them at their main store. There's also 3 more from GA on recent events (C88, K9 and Access).

Moods are a bit overdone, yes. Definitely going to send them a feedback about that sometime soon, since they ask for feedback anyway. Most calm/idle mood is awake, it's close to old neutral and sublte ones. "Lively", "coquettish" and "looking" moods can be combined with eyelids in norm position for somewhat subtle mood as well, since eyelids animations are higher priority than moods ones.

Edited by steeljane42
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 966 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.