Please show me a way to get back my inventory item please

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1554 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yesterday i wrongly deleted my whole clothing folder which contains all my cloths... And it went to trash.. then i restored it from my trash but my inventory was fetching but i panicked when it was taking so long and i relog. But when i came back i didn't see my inventory came back... I m half mad now.. i love all of my clothes so much. I already submitted a ticket but i dont know how they reply it... I see its been closed but i dont see anything they replied with... Please help.

• Sad 2

If you bought on Marketplace, your shopping history will allow you to get redeliveries on many items. 

It might take time but is probably worth it. 

If you bought at in world stores and you know which ones, or kept landmarks, go back, find the redelvery terminal and it takes you to a webpage which lists your purchases at that store, and you can redeliver from that page. 

@ziniatabassum

Edited by BelindaN
  • Like 10

Clearing your inventory cache may be all you need to do to recover your lost inventory items.

If you logged out of SL while your inventory was in the process of updating, it is possible that your inventory cache has become corrupted.

If you are lucky and that is the case, you can fix it and recover your lost items by logging into SL and clearing your inventory cache. Log out after selecting clear inventory cache, then log back in to a quiet, empty sim (under water ones are good) and wait without doing much until your inventory is repopulated. With any luck, your stuff will be back.

Some instructions and advice on how to clear your inventory cache here: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Inventory_loss

Some more specific instructions for Firestorm users: https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/fs_missing_inventory

If that doesn't work, then hopefully LL can get back in touch and have a means to roll back your inventory.

Edited by wesleytron
  • Like 6

47 minutes ago, ziniatabassum said:

Thank you :)

Did you at least try clearing your inventory cache as I suggested above?

You should maybe give that a go before chasing up LL, as I'm sure it's the first thing they'll tell you to do anyway. If you do it now and it doesn't work, you can at least say to them "Yeah, tried that already and stuff is still missing"! 😊

On 1/14/2020 at 5:38 AM, Garnet Psaltery said:

I have a lot of sub-folders under Clothing but I never saw a need for a whole separate one.

When I was having major inventory issues a couple of years back it was suggested by Firestorm guru, Whirley, to make a NEW and PERSONAL folder (not the default) as it had less chance of having issues.  I have both "MY CLOTHING FOLDER" and  "MY OBJECTS" folders. Of course objects automatically go into the default objects folder so I need to move them now and then but I usually move things right away into their correct places.    

Here is the official page on inventory loss.  https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/fs_missing_inventory

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If you log into Second Life Beta, you can still see your clothes in your inventory.

You can not recover them, but make a list, and use that list to go around and get a redelivery. If you don't find redelivery terminals, you can do this:

I lost a whole folder of COCO way back before mesh and before redelivery terminals. I made a list over the things, with purchase dates (if you click the object and choose properties, you get the date you bought it, and even the hour and minute). I wrote the list in a notecard and explained that my folder was lost, and that I had managed to get the information in Second Life Beta. Included screenshots of my open inventory.

But these days, almost every store has a redelivery terminal, plus you can get redelivery on the Marketplace. It is only a help for you, to get a list like this. If you have clothes there you had not used in a long time and forgot all about, maybe take that as a sign that you don't need them...

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

If you log into Second Life Beta, you can still see your clothes in your inventory.

You can not recover them, but make a list, and use that list to go around and get a redelivery. If you don't find redelivery terminals, you can do this:

/me thinks about her inventory of over 130K items, with probably 2/3 - 3/4 of it being clothing

Wow, that would be one heck of a list. 

SL likely really would die before I finished making that list.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

/me thinks about her inventory of over 130K items, with probably 2/3 - 3/4 of it being clothing

If she lost a folder... the Second Life Beta has the inventory intact several weeks before it's in sync with the Second Life inventory. Could open it, take a screenshot, scroll down, take a new screenshot, until the whole folder was saved on her computer. She can then log in to Second Life again and look at the images and start the work.

It must be easier than making a list. It is still a lot of work, but it is worth it for thousands and thousands §L? And as I said... clothes she had forgot, is it no point in trying to have them replaced.

My inventory is a battlefield and I have lost. I have no idea how to even start organizing. It is too late.

• Like 2

On 1/16/2020 at 2:36 AM, LittleMe Jewell said:

Hone i keep all my clothes in one folder which contains 20k item.. and i m a freebie collector so most of them r group gifts i dont know if i can get a redelivery... And i keep things organized so i got it within one second.. jeans,shorts, jacket, masks, gloves , bags etc totally which might be at most 30 k.. even if i think of organize it again... It scares me lol.. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1554 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.