trigger a way to stop flying & slow down

Xander Lopez

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1561 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am trying to see if there is a way I can script to force users from stop flying?  I searched wiki but i can't seem to find a good starting point to implement this.  This would require no experience nor rlv. is this possible?

Also, i was reviewing a flight assist script shown here because i want to find a way to prevent people from being able to move as I adjust the integer speed value.  But decreasing the speed value doesn't seem to prevent people from moving around.  Is there a way to effectively disable people from being able to move? or at least, move painfully slow?

I doubt it.  That would be one heck of a powerful griefing tool if it were readily available.  If you are using the Firestorm viewer and if you are an Estate Manager, you can open its Radar view, select a person and then choose the FREEZE option to immobilize that person.  That's a viewer function, meant to defend against griefers, not something you can do with LSL.  It's also something you should be very cautious about using (or abusing).

• Like 1

when a person is wearing our script then yes we can slow them down

a chat about how this can be done is here:

the only scripted way that I know of to stop a person from flying in the Linden viewer (non-RLV viewer) is on a Experience enabled parcel. When the person is wearing our Experience script then when they are detected to be in AGENT_FLYING mode then the script force sits, then unsits, them

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/AGENT_FLYING

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlSitOnLink

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlUnSit  

4 hours ago, Mollymews said:

the only scripted way that I know of to stop a person from flying in the Linden viewer (non-RLV viewer) is on a Experience enabled parcel. When the person is wearing our Experience script then when they are detected to be in AGENT_FLYING mode then the script force sits, then unsits, them

Maybe someday LL will have time to tackle scripted fly control.

If you own the land or pushing is disabled, you can get a list of all avatars with llGetAgentList and then apply a strong downward force on them if they are flying.

Or if you want to be more extreme, rez a hollow box around them with the bottom cut out, so their movement is limited besides falling down.

Or if you really just hate people, you can eject them from the parcel.

But remember that TOS is a thing. If you do any of these things (especially if you don't own the place directly), you run the risk of getting suspended for abuse.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1561 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.