Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Not sure if anyone is having any issues at all? Secondlife loads and then all of sudden it crashes and i keep receiving a report issue from Firestorm. I have uninstalled Firestorm and re-installed.

But no joy at all. Not sure what to do. I have not seen anything on Firestorms site of any issues.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two things will assist us here:-

a) The exact error message that you receive when it crashes, and

b) The information shown in Firestorm's Help -> About Firestorm. Use the "Copy to clipboard" button and then paste it here for us to see. It might point to some of the usual suspects.

(You could also ask in the in-world Firestorm group).

Once we've got a bit more information, we'll be better placed to help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, madelini said:

Not sure if anyone is having any issues at all? Secondlife loads and then all of sudden it crashes and i keep receiving a report issue from Firestorm. I have uninstalled Firestorm and re-installed.

But no joy at all. Not sure what to do. I have not seen anything on Firestorms site of any issues.

 

 

 

 

Start here: https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/fs_install_crash

If nothing on that pages helps move on to this page: https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/fs_run_crash

If neither of those pages help you can look at some of the other crash fixes here: https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/firestorm_troubleshooting#crash_login_launch_issues

I highly recommend joining the FS support group inworld in the language of your choice. https://www.firestormviewer.org/support/

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ArgontheDevil Ormega said:

The firestorm inworld group is not going to be much help if the person can't get on SL.

That's why the wiki exists and has existed from since Phoenix days.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ArgontheDevil Ormega said:

The firestorm inworld group is not going to be much help if the person can't get on SL.

Without some further info though (see Odak's comment regarding pasting the info from Firestorm's Help / About Firestorm (which can be accessed before logging in to the viewer) people here can't provide further troubleshooting either. See Selene's list of Firestorm help topic links that are probably the most relevant, and if they don't fix the issue at least will provide some additional information and knowledge that can be used between the OP and others here to try and narrow the issue down. 

Another thing the OP can try is to see if they have the same issues when using the LL viewer, which can sometimes be important info to know when troubleshooting.

(and I noticed that Selene has also already commented again while I was typing this, probably with the same info and quicker than me, but I'm going to post this anyway)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is error I keep getting. The world loads for 2 seconds then I crash.

Started yesterday. I did a uninstall and re-install. Just miffed to why Firestorm is not working.

I have nothing else open. 

Just at a loss as to what to do.

 

image.png.e1fc2ecf533d67562180b39db10b2f2a.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

The LL viewer works fine.

But, not a fan... easy enough to tolerate until I can get FS working again

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know what time support are inworld for FS? I am currently in Australia. 

I have tp'd here an no-one is here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, madelini said:

Does anyone know what time support are inworld for FS? I am currently in Australia. 

I have tp'd here an no-one is here

Support is an inworld group. Links for each language are here https://www.firestormviewer.org/support/

Team members are volunteers and are often busy helping others so you just have to keep asking for help in group. Just don't spam. State the problem in one post and if you haven't gotten an answer, repost no more than every 5 minutes. Help is usually available 24/7 since team members come from all over the world.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, madelini said:

Does anyone know what time support are inworld for FS? I am currently in Australia. 

I have tp'd here an no-one is here

You have to join the inworld group

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ArgontheDevil Ormega said:

The firestorm inworld group is not going to be much help if the person can't get on SL.

Good point. I read the OP's post to mean that FS loads.....then all of a sudden crashes, i.e. there was a period of stability before the crash. It may well have meant differently.

I'm sure it would be helpful to clarify:-

Does it crash when the login screen appears, or

Does it crash on the actual login process, or

Does it crash after a period of being logged in?

All could point to completely different problems.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Odaks said:

Good point. I read the OP's post to mean that FS loads.....then all of a sudden crashes, i.e. there was a period of stability before the crash. It may well have meant differently.

I'm sure it would be helpful to clarify:-

Does it crash when the login screen appears, or

Does it crash on the actual login process, or

Does it crash after a period of being logged in?

All could point to completely different problems.

 

 

All of which is covered on the link I posted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

All of which is covered on the link I posted.

They are indeed. I skimmed subsequent posts too quickly - sorry!

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...