Less is more?

Alwin Alcott

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1549 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

i like the Campers a lot more than myTrad  /  Victorian .. is that weird?...
It's limited in sqm /Li .. and still... for me it's more versatile to use than my Trad or Victorian.

I'm thinking about moving to campsites totally  🤔

Not at all. Campers give you a sense of freedom and being closer to nature; plus, landscaping is so much easier!!!!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Atina0 said:

its all about personal preferences  ,i tried campers and had the most beautiful  locations  ,but i still cant move in that tiny space ,i loved my houseboat cuz it was  in an awesome location ,but in then end im more at home in a trad or a vic   .it all in the location of the house and how it feels when your there  

One thing I like about the campers and houseboats is mostly to fully open floorplans. Over the years on mainland I found that everytime I put up a multi-room house or skybox I spent almost all my time in only one of the rooms. The rest was just filler decor for whatever psychological reason also has me making sure to always put a toilet into my SL homes...

So I started buying lofts so I'd get more use out of my buildings...

I have a Victorian... but... it just has too many rooms and I don't really do anything with them but pop in there, look around, and then ignore most of it.

If not for where my Victorian was, I'd probably settle for a houseboat and a camper and be done with it all.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

The rest was just filler decor for whatever psychological reason also has me making sure to always put a toilet into my SL homes...

I go in and out of this mode.  Sometimes, I think I need a bathroom and sometimes not.  When I start thinking that I don't need a bathroom, then I realize that I also don't really need a kitchen.  That leads to:  Since I'm not sexually active in SL, I also don't need a bedroom.  Thus all I really need is a living room for lounging in and some outdoor furniture for relaxing outside.  I have, in the past, had single room skyboxes that were simply furnished with living room stuff and nothing more inside. 

For some reason, all of the Linden Homes - even Campers - feel like they need all or most of the normal housing elements.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

If Sylvia's alt is contributing to a mainland piece of land which is group owned she could swap their contribution?

(does that make sense, not sure myself now!)

yes that makes sense :)  S adds donation, A takes it out and can use the premium feature

8 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

i totally agree  :)  in RL i'd rather be a week in a kindergarten than on such places.
( and i'm seriously allergic or kids... i simply don't understand them)

People who study psychedelics note that what they do to the mind is 'unlock your filters' - which allows you to have rapid learning and rapid idea processing because everything is flooding in and being randomly used without logic, process, or filtering by context or... anything...

Essentially - being tripped out on LSD makes you a 5-year old.

Or...

Kindergarten is like being surrounded by hippies tripped out on LSD, only they're small enough that they will have trouble harming you.

:P

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Kitten Kaos said:

I admit I hadn't thought of that... what process would that entail, I wonder?

I have a land group for myself and alts (and friends), where I and my Premium alts contribute all our land allowance for the group to share. If there is a spare 512 in there, than any Premium alt can lower their own contribution by 512, and have the 512 they just "withdrew" for their own use.

Example: Let's say I have not contributed my 1024 to the group. I use 512 to get a camper. I then contribute my other 512 to the group. Alt A, who has contributed their 1024 to the group, can now lower their group contribution to 512, leaving 512 in their pocket to go get a camper.

Hope this makes sense. I can do it faster than I can explain it. lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

yes that makes sense :)  S adds donation, A takes it out and can use the premium feature

Oops, just saw this. Yes, that is a much more direct way of explaining it than what I just did. The alt just needs  to be Premium, too, and then land allowance can be passed back and forth. :) 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Oops, just saw this. Yes, that is a much more direct way of explaining it than what I just did. The alt just needs  to be Premium, too, and then land allowance can be passed back and forth. :) 

Yes, I do the same. I have two premium alts that held a Victorian and HB respectively, but I recently decided that as I'm spending more time at my mainland home I'd be better off using their 1024 allowances to boost my land group... I now have more garden and water access from my home :D 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Milk Pixelmaid said:

Why not keep both? 

i'm hardly using it, and by 4 full rooms to decorate i can't get it as i want within the Li limits.
If i change my mind i'd always go hunt for another one, there seem to be  a few regions on the way again.
And however this house is at a great location.. my alt's camper is at a supernice parcel, i keep him floating in that tube as seen earlier in the thread :) i'm in his camper.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 3

We went touring here & there in Belli last night, scouting for decorating ideas for Hardy's.  Mostly we learned that the sentiment of this thread may be shared by many - perhaps it is because the Vic release was right before Christmas, but for sure very VERY few are furnished.  Having learned what a Hardy looks like on the map we were able to find them very quickly.   We looked at over 30 homes, and saw fewer than 5 that had more than two rooms furnished.

We gathered an impression that many feel like the impressively beautiful Vics call for something special, and that some find themselves a little bollixed by that.  They seem to put down a few things that they already own, and then ... hesitate.

Except, of course, for some forward-looking folks who went wild during the Apple Fall sale!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

We went touring here & there in Belli last night, scouting for decorating ideas for Hardy's.  Mostly we learned that the sentiment of this thread may be shared by many - perhaps it is because the Vic release was right before Christmas, but for sure very VERY few are furnished.  Having learned what a Hardy looks like on the map we were able to find them very quickly.   We looked at over 30 homes, and saw fewer than 5 that had more than two rooms furnished.

We gathered an impression that many feel like the impressively beautiful Vics call for something special, and that some find themselves a little bollixed by that.  They seem to put down a few things that they already own, and then ... hesitate.

Except, of course, for some forward-looking folks who went wild during the Apple Fall sale!

I'd gone 'all out' on the Apple Fall sale last year, so used all AF furniture when I had my Victorian. Had all rooms decorated and had plenty of LI left in order to have curtains in every room (having the Verne style, it used a lot of curtains!).

• Like 1

The campers were too small for me, even with optimum camera position I am too tall to really manouver round in one. I had a similar problem with the Traditional houses. The houseboats though, are the perfect size for me, and still simple enough. I love them.

On 1/13/2020 at 3:52 AM, Alwin Alcott said:

i like the Campers a lot more than myTrad  /  Victorian .. is that weird?...
It's limited in sqm /Li .. and still... for me it's more versatile to use than my Trad or Victorian.

I'm thinking about moving to campsites totally  🤔

I rv a lot in rl. I love the fact LL has jumped on board with this lifestyle. 

• Like 2

Came to a really surprising conclusion this week: campers are my favorite Linden Home. Surprising because in real life my wife, my dogs & I have all squeezed into a 610 sq ft home for well over a decade and while IRL I do like the way small living focuses one, ie. less clutter, more time spend on experiences rather than things, I always had mansions in SL to compensate and indulge my inner decorator. On mainland, I've owned so many sprawling huge houses over the years. I got my first Linden Trad back in April, the month they launched and I've tried most every style of LH, except for the bungalows/ ranch style houses, because I just assumed I'd find them too constraining. 

The landscaping of the camper regions and Campwich Forest really impressed me tho, so a couple of my alts let go of very nice properties .... and I'm in love. The landscaping, the atmospherics, the coziness. I'm done house flipping. Sailing and photography from now on 😛    So here's to all the Moles and their artistic wonders!

rise_009.png

Edited by Kitten Kaos
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

On 1/14/2020 at 1:36 AM, Pussycat Catnap said:

One thing I like about the campers and houseboats is mostly to fully open floorplans. Over the years on mainland I found that everytime I put up a multi-room house or skybox I spent almost all my time in only one of the rooms. The rest was just filler decor for whatever psychological reason also has me making sure to always put a toilet into my SL homes...

So I started buying lofts so I'd get more use out of my buildings...

I have a Victorian... but... it just has too many rooms and I don't really do anything with them but pop in there, look around, and then ignore most of it.

If not for where my Victorian was, I'd probably settle for a houseboat and a camper and be done with it all.

OMG yes! It took me ages to get out of the psychological need of putting a toilet in my SL home. At least with campers, being close to nature, means there is always a bush outside to use!

• Haha 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1549 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.