Less is more?

Alwin Alcott

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1546 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

i like the Campers a lot more than myTrad  /  Victorian .. is that weird?...
It's limited in sqm /Li .. and still... for me it's more versatile to use than my Trad or Victorian.

I'm thinking about moving to campsites totally  🤔

I am not tired of my Victorian yet but I do miss my camper.  It was cozy and cute and I am a more outdoors kind of girl.  If you find your perfect camper go for it.  It's not weird to me

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

It's limited in sqm /Li .. and still... for me it's more versatile to use than my Trad or Victorian.

its all about personal preferences  ,i tried campers and had the most beautiful  locations  ,but i still cant move in that tiny space ,i loved my houseboat cuz it was  in an awesome location ,but in then end im more at home in a trad or a vic   .it all in the location of the house and how it feels when your there  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I am not tired of my Victorian yet but I do miss my camper.  It was cozy and cute and I am a more outdoors kind of girl.  If you find your perfect camper go for it.  It's not weird to me

i have one on that super location, and one on a mountain hill with neighbours, and noticed this morning not being at my Victorian more than a week .. so much dusting to do :)
but nearly always tp to one of those.
For me the Victorian is great, but too large to get it acceptable ( for me!) to decorate it as i want

• Like 3

I tested a camper at a great location, had it decorated to my liking, still I abandoned it when the Victorians were released and will never go for a camper again. Personal taste! Camping (though I sometimes did and liked it in younger days in RL - for the holidays!) is not my lifestile. Hills, mountains, mudpaths, ponds, rivers are not my preferred landscape so I take a Trad or a Vic at the seashore every time if I have the choice.

I must admit though that YOUR camper @Alwin Alcott really beats anything I ever saw in the way of camper-location!

It was nice playing with it for a while though. Likewise now the Victorians ar the new shiny toy but I am likely to give them up in the end. They are too difficult to decorate. What I really like are the traditionals ... and perhaps a houseboat as a weekend resort to swim there.

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 3

Just now, Leora Jacobus said:

Hills, mountains, mudpaths, ponds, rivers are not my preferred landscape

i totally agree  :)  in RL i'd rather be a week in a kindergarten than on such places.
( and i'm seriously allergic or kids... i simply don't understand them)

3 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I take a Trad or a Vic at the seashore every time if I have the choice.

this one might end in the pool somewhere  today

2d2afcc89f2fa5b0cdef579dd13a7aca.jpg

• Like 6

Great location!! Someone will be really happy with it! I will not go for it for I have two directly at the seashore - would have abandoned one of them long since if I could decide which I like better! ;)

... so I tried for a while for one that beats them both ... would then have abandoned them both! ... but no chance!

... so at the moment I concentrate on a special secret traditional- plot that is not yet released. IF I get that (5% chance) I'll release my trad at Blackwater Shoals.

26 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

i totally agree  :)  in RL i'd rather be a week in a kindergarten than on such places.

if you do give a notice please  .been looking for a nice seashore forever  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

What a gorgeous location, if you do throw it back I'd be ecstatic to catch it, but I'm very unlucky (or useless), haven't been able to catch a Vic for over two weeks so am a homeless wanderer till my trigger finger gets quicker!

While I can and do manage on limited Li for my home space on mainland around the same or less than the campers I couldn't make a camper my full time Bellisseria property.  I had a few in the space between abandoning my trad and waiting for the Vic's the best one I had looked out over a lake. They're just a bit small for my liking plus I'd have tier I'd more than likely not use use going to waste. For once in my SLife I like the luxury of having a full 351 Li to be frivolous with 

• Like 2

I too am finding I log into my camper more than my Vics (much as I love them). The tranquil feeling of a lake in the woods is really made immersive with the soundscaping and the landscaping is gorgeous. Kudos to all the Moles, but Garden & Squishy really outdo themselves on the reg ;)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

I am in total agreement with you!

I have had a trad, HB and Victorian, but the one that I’ve kept has been my camper. I do like the other themes but I find the buildings to be too large for me. If I could scale down the buildings slightly I would most likely keep a Vic too, but as it is, the camper is perfect.

Also, as my main home is on the mainland, my camper is very much my holiday home. I can actually travel between the two properties too!

With good low LI furniture it’s easy to fully furnish the camper and I still have sufficient allowance to keep a vehicle parked there AND be able to park the vehicle I use to get from the mainland. It’s a ‘keeper’ for sure!

• Like 3

The Vics feel too large, too overwhelming to decorate, so I never even got one. 

The Campers feels a bit too small, such that I can't get the decorating to feel right, but I've not given up on it.  This is however, probably the hardest one for me of the themes that I've messed with.

In some ways, the Houseboats feel a little small, but I don't usually feel cramped there.  

For the Traditionals, originally, only the Winchester felt like the size and setup was good, but my new location is filled with Winchesters and Continentals, so I'm playing around with the Adams.  It initially seemed a bit small and unworkable, but the more I mess with it, the more the size feels okay.

• Like 3

I usually went for Winchester or Continental (with the wraparound porch) but since I saw what @iBrat did with her's I decided to try an Alderley on my Axim beachfront parcel. I like it a lot more than the Adams (which I gave a try aswell). Somehow when you come from outside and step into the one big room that feels like entering a livingroom whereas if you step into the Adams it feels like a hallway with rooms to both sides - at least for me it does. So the middle part of the Adams feels somehow akward.

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 1

I've been pondering a similar question, because I had the most fun finding the camper parcel that I currently have (and am keeping), and I prefer "cozy" homes. There are so many stunning locations for the campers, there are more style choices available in the rezzer than the other homes have, and I can give the other 512 to an alt to get a second camper if I want to. So I've been wondering which home theme(s) I really want to focus on. 

Houseboats are great but harder to find a location where I don't feel like a sardine in a row of other sardines. All that water around is very nice, though, and I did ultimately get a parcel that doesn't feel at all cramped. As for Traditionals, I have for the most part lost interest in them, but they were great fun till I got distracted by other shiny new themes. 

I really love the landscaping of the Victorians, though, so am not sure yet what I think about them. The houses seem so big and the only one I can work with at all is the Doyle, but that landscaping is amazing. I may just sit here in indecision until new themes arrive to make the choices more difficult! 

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1546 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.