What you define as "extract" is actually called "theft". If the product is not provided along with textures, "extracting" them is not legal as those are IP property of the creator

• Like 4

7 hours ago, babynonoone said:

Hi, is there anyway if i could extract a texture from a skin from a classic avatar?? Or just the texture from a mesh clothing 

yes there is a way, but only can use this on your own textures that you lost by accident.
What you plan is illegal and theft.

Edited by Alwin Alcott

6 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

yes there is a way, but only can use this on your own textures that you lost by accident.
What you plan is illegal and theft.

I don't think the OP mentioned their plans, did they? (Perhaps they did and edited after you replied and before I saw it?) It also is useful for *fixing* the annoying bits on a skin you've purchased. It's what I did. Though I also am not stupid enough to sell or give it away. LOL

Edited by Alyona Su

1 minute ago, Alyona Su said:

I don't think the OP mentioned their plans, did they? (Perhaps they did and edited after you replied and before I saw it?) It also is useful for *fixing( the annoying bits on a skin you've purchased. It's what I did. Though I also am not stupid enough to sell or give it away. LOL

if the skin is sold no mod, you breach the agreement of use between you and the creator. So it's illegal.

Concerning the question, it's not edited, but asking it, is answering the question about the plans.

20 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

if the skin is sold no mod, you breach the agreement of use between you and the creator. So it's illegal.

Concerning the question, it's not edited, but asking it, is answering the question about the plans.

Perhaps. So they should AR me for that. Until then, I'll do whatever I want with what I own, a.k.a. First Sale Doctrine. (It's a legal term in the U.S.) - and as long as I don't share it in any way, it's perfectly legal. The only possible argument anyone could have is with the "reverse engineering" aspect of the DMCA, but since the viewer did that for me... ~shrugs~

1 hour ago, Alyona Su said:

I'll do whatever I want with what I own, a.k.a. First Sale Doctrine. (It's a legal term in the U.S.) - and as long as I don't share it in any way, it's perfectly legal.

Wrong, as it is not a physical item, what you purchase is license to use a digital asset, which you agreed upon purchase to not have access to modify ability, and you not only breached the agreement with the asset creator, you also force reinstate full permissions on a digital asset you don't own IP over with a new uuid, falsely marking it as your own by doing so. Until an AR or dmca is filed against you all is fine, nonetheless ethically and morally that still is theft, and that marks you for what you are in your entitlement. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, OptimoMaximo said:

Wrong, as it is not a physical item, what you purchase is license to use a digital asset, which you agreed upon purchase to not have access to modify ability, and you not only breached the agreement with the asset creator, you also force reinstate full permissions on a digital asset you don't own IP over with a new uuid, falsely marking it as your own by doing so. Until an AR or dmca is filed against you all is fine, nonetheless ethically and morally that still is theft, and that marks you for what you are in your entitlement. 

Like I said - they can report me.