Vanity Fair

Shopping for a ***** in Second Life: Any Recommendations?

I was one of 100 lucky winners of the Legacy male mesh body from The Ultimate Meshbody shop (formerly known as The Mesh Project)!

Of course, you all already know that a male mesh body does not automatically come with a *****. You have to buy one separately, usually from a different store than the body. Back in the day, the big name was a brand called Xcite!

Sooo… since I haven’t gone shopping for a ***** in a long, long time, I thought I would use this forum message to solicit recommendations from my readers as to what brands to try out. Is Xcite still a thing nowadays? Are there other, better brands I should look at? I really don’t have a clue. Please help a fella out with some recommendations!

Thank you (and yes, I do expect this to become an epic thread...)

Obligatory YouTube video link (safe for work): 

LOL...and of course, the forums do not let you say "*****"...too funny! You can figure out what I am looking for from the YouTube video title (LL can't censor that!).

Edited by Vanity Fair
mistakenly said "blog" when I meant "forum post"

I'm hardly an expert on ******* but I understand while Excite is still available to purchase it hasn't been  supported for several years plus they are rather high in scripts so not the most modern ***** on the market.

Edited by Amanda Dallin
  • Like 1

Sinful Needs makes a rather appealing "winkie", look on the MP for "Osiris" and you should find it. Aside from the looks, it has an impressive feature set, I especially like the ability to have it positioned in a rather natural way when flaccid. 
You should just see it for yourself I guess.

You can find the item on the MP under "Avatar Accessories > Genitalia > Male Genitalia" and yes, there IS a demo :D 

Edited by Fritigern Gothly
EDIT: Explained in which MP section the thingy can be found.

Yes, I have posted this question to several Second Life Facebook groups, several SL Discord groups, VirtualVerse, and my blog, and so far, Aeros has the most recommendations. 

This is all very helpful, thank you! Keep the suggestions coming 😉

Edited by Vanity Fair

Aeros cogwheel HUD is only for those with perfect vision. It is pretty to look at a steampunk-y styled cogwheel, but not practical.

I should say that my avatar with said equipment has not had an update for it in years, so maybe their HUD is better now. The demo has a HUD, I hope. My personal opinion is that Aeros is dated and living on it's old fame. I only used it for nude pictures and it has been a while.

I have heard the Birth has male add-ons. It is the Mr. Smooth, Zeus Bento and Leviathon (Not sure if I spell it right?). I have not demo'ed them. Word is that they look better and is easier to use and understand the HUD, than Aeros. You figure it out without reading a long manual.

So demo and personal preference... as always.

• Thanks 1

if it's only for "show'" and not need all bells and whistles, the Jomo free one is quite acceptable

but for godsake stay away from hugsies and other freenies... they cause severe rashes!

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

but for godsake stay away from hugsies and other freenies... they cause severe rashes!

I used to collect bad freebie cocks. I stuck 'em to a prim board (before I even knew how to properly edit stuffs) and called it the hall of shame. 
My favorite yucky is still the coat rack with an egg at the end. Hard to believe that people once thought that was acceptable. LOL.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Aeros, as far as I can tell, is the one that looks the best. However there's a caveat with Aeros; it will add a lot to your avatar complexity, and also your script weight. So it shouldn't be something you keep attached and "hidden" all the time.

For this reason, I have another one that I wear if I happen to need one in a public place (nude beach etc). It has 1/10th of the complexity of the Aeros and 1/5th of the script weight.  It's not as good-looking as the Aeros but it is excellent for its price (L$49) and it's mesh and mod, so I replaced the default texture with a better one. Not gonna post the link here but if you search the Marketplace for "QYN Supernatural" you'll find it.  Good one for equipping an alt on a low budget too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

if it's only for "show'" and not need all bells and whistles, the Jomo free one is quite acceptable

I was recently at the Jomo store and I didn't see the freebie there. Is it on the marketplace?

16 minutes ago, Vanity Fair said:

I was recently at the Jomo store and I didn't see the freebie there. Is it on the marketplace?

it's in one of the freebie side stores on the region, on the right of the landing point if it's still the same, in the same room as the MM boards

i'm there to have a look... it totally changed

sorry... didn't find it on MP, nor inworld  :(

Edited by Alwin Alcott

Birth is pretty good in looks and use. The complexity on Aeros is huge. 68K I do believe and they are rather script heavy and imho I don't like the look of them. I use the Virtual Artworks female parts, I've heard the male version is pretty good but I'm not sure they have a demo.

But for male right now.. I would go for the Birth. They're bento, look better and a lot lighter in complexity and scripts.

Search ‘pen!s’ on MP, spelled the usual way, ofc. Sort by most popular, then another search by best reviews, thence final one by high to low price...one will *ahem* stand up as the winner. Get that dick NRG.🍆

or, if you (as you say) haven’t really had occasion to buy or by association use one in a ‘long time’, I’d wager you probably don’t really need a new one to just toss in your inventory, right with the other turnips and houseplants? You could always go on a demo-testing ‘weenie-journey’, then just blog about your body win and the wiener demos? 

since you are evidently now using this forum as a personal blog too? 

18 hours ago, Vanity Fair said:

I thought I would use this blog to solicit recommendations from my readers

27 minutes ago, Lillyanna Oleander said:

Birth is pretty good in looks and use. The complexity on Aeros is huge. 68K I do believe and they are rather script heavy and imho I don't like the look of them. I use the Virtual Artworks female parts, I've heard the male version is pretty good but I'm not sure they have a demo.

But for male right now.. I would go for the Birth. They're bento, look better and a lot lighter in complexity and scripts.

A Bento phallus? The mind boggles! How does THAT work??

11 minutes ago, Fauve Aeon said:

Search ‘pen!s’ on MP, spelled the usual way, ofc. Sort by most popular, then another search by best reviews, thence final one by high to low price...one will *ahem* stand up as the winner. Get that dick NRG.🍆

or, if you (as you say) haven’t really had occasion to buy or by association use one in a ‘long time’, I’d wager you probably don’t really need a new one to just toss in your inventory, right with the other turnips and houseplants? You could always go on a demo-testing ‘weenie-journey’, then just blog about your body win and the wiener demos? 

since you are evidently now using this forum as a personal blog too? 

Oops, when I said "I thought I would use this blog to solicit recommendations from my readers" I just copied and pasted the blog text into a forum posting (since I get my hand slapped by Linden Lab when I do post a blog link). Ignore that, please, Fauve. I am getting more and better responses here than on my blogpost anyways.

Edited by Vanity Fair

Just now, Vanity Fair said:

A Bento phallus? The mind boggles! How does THAT work??

It works well! I just bought it .. to add to my collection :)

Easy set up, low script/complexity and its the first one i do not have to change the colour ... which is always horrible. 

20 minutes ago, Conall DeCuir said:

It works well! I just bought it .. to add to my collection :)

Easy set up, low script/complexity and its the first one i do not have to change the colour ... which is always horrible. 

Do you keep them in a cabinet?

And all the men are now admitting what they use, which is pretty brave, really. :) 

• Like 1