best male ao suggestion for dance anims?

malcolmmerlyn1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1550 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I realize this may be the wrong forum, but thought I would ask in here because this sounds like the place for animation knowledge. Can anyone recommend a good male ao for general and dances? Single and or couple? I currently have vista gerard and it has 5 built in singles dances. Honestly I don't like them at all. My wife has a vista erika and her anims are fantastic,  but I really feel like I got shafted. I am using firestorm viewer and am purchasing anims and loading them through the viewer ao because my gerard ao absolutely refuses to take any new ones. (I contacted the creator and he seemed stumped as to why it would not accept new anims) All around I am generally unhappy with my ao. Also If I need to stay with my firestorm ao for dances any suggestions on animation makers that sell all around good ones?  (I'm not looking for ballroom dances but good male club dances because I don't like most club single dance balls) I guess one reason I am kind of unhappy with my ao is that many of the stands while made well, simply look like my avvie is riddled with nervous ticks. Instead of looking calm or at ease he acts fidgety. Its NOT a case of the animations timing is too close and they change too often, its just my opinion on my ao, but if I saw someone acting in RL how my avvie does in SL I would tend to shy away from that person. For example Brushing your shoe off all the time does not come off to me as a "cool" or "smooth" action. It screams "I have a nervous condition!"  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Note: I have tried the gerard ao on both of my bodies Adam and Gianni. The animations still act the same between them no matter what viewer I use. For anyone that may ask why I didn't demo it and try it out first, I did in store. I was happy with the walks, and stands for the most part, and the arm positions, but was not interested in the dance anims until more recently.

Edited by malcolmmerlyn1

6 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

buy a dance hud/chimera ánd real dance animations, those in AO's are just to have "something"

thank you for the reply, I don't know the phrase chimera but will research into it. do you have any suggestion as to a good dance animation maker or brand to check out?

Edited by malcolmmerlyn1

2 minutes ago, malcolmmerlyn1 said:

thank you for the reply, I don't know the phrase chimera but will research into it. do you have any suggestion as to a good dance animation maker or brand to check out?

no sorry no recommendations in the animation section, this is for dicsussion, not promotion, but using the search terms on MP will take you a giant range of products connected to this.
And rule nr 1 , always try things inworld, don't buy blind at MP.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alwin Alcott said:

no sorry no recommendations in the animation section, this is for dicsussion, not promotion, but using the search terms on MP will take you a giant range of products connected to this.
And rule nr 1 , always try things inworld, don't buy blind at MP.

I understand. I hadn't realized the huds were also known as a chimera. I will continue my search on the MP then. Thank you again.

1 minute ago, malcolmmerlyn1 said:

I understand. I hadn't realized the huds were also known as a chimera. I will continue my search on the MP then. Thank you again.

to add more confusion :)  if you want a dance hud/chimera for couple and single in one, those are mostly referred to as "hybrid"  :SwingingFriends:
( and most bought huds are filled with animations that are older than my presence on sl .. might need a clean up and buy new ones to fill it.)

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

to add more confusion :)  if you want a dance hud/chimera for couple and single in one, those are mostly referred to as "hybrid"  :SwingingFriends:
( and most bought huds are filled with animations that are older than my presence on sl .. might need a clean up and buy new ones to fill it.)

sounds fun.......... maybe not lol.  I had read about many dance animations being pretty old, and understand what you mean. you have given me a starting point if nothing else plus some needed knowledge. Thank you.

8 minutes ago, malcolmmerlyn1 said:

thank you. Much appreciated. It would help if the MP had a date listed for when items were added for sale, may give some small idea as to the age of things like these animations. Again, Thank you for the help.

older items are not per definition less quality  :)
There are for example couple dances ( store not longer available i think, can't find it anymore myself) that are still used a lót )

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I recommend NOT using a HUD or other thing.

Put your dances into Firestorm's built in AO system.

Make a new AO in there, and put the dances in the 'Standing' category - set them to cycle on a timer of maybe 45 to 60 seconds, and optionally make it random.

https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/animation_overrider

Buy your dances from Paragon... :)

In my opinion that's the current source of the best dances in SL.

https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Tonkinese/182/192/31

Run by this guy: https://my.secondlife.com/jnakagawa

- He's also very approachable; easy to talk to.

The entire store is Bento stuff, male, female, and unisex choices.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1550 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.