Can a homestead sim have more than the traditional 3750 prims?

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4884 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Someone (a land baron) is renting plots on a homestead sim. There are many (maybe 20) plots with each allotted 1300 plus prims plus a big common area. The math just doesn't work. It says that the bonus value is 10 times. I have lived in many themed areas with bonus 2 lots but those are made up by leaving a lot of the land empty or almost so. I am really wondering how this can work?

Thanks to anyone who knows :D

4 answers to this question

My guess is it won't work out.  Once the sim reaches its maximum allowed prim count, no more prim can be added.  Its like when the airlines overbooks a flight or a hotel overbooks their rooms.  They are betting on a certain number of people not showing up.  Of course if they have a large common area and keep the prim usage way down, then they might be ok.  Although 10x bonus seems like a hard one to maintain.

--Cinn

You can look in About Land at the top of the Objects tab to see any prim bonus that is set on a sim. If there is no bonus it doesn`t say anything there.

Here is one with double prims:

primbonus.PNG

The total number of prims on a sim is set by the type of sim that it is, so it either has 15K, 3750 or 750.

Thanks. I knew all that :D and it does say on EACH parcel that it supports 1300 prims and it is a "homestead" sim. And it does say 10.00 ratio. It just seem VERY STRANGE. I thought perhaps there was something that I had no clue about *wink*. So whoever puts up their 1300 prims first gets them it seems. A very very very strange plan. I can't imagine it will have a long life.

Edit: I had serveral folks look this situation over inworld and they all agree it is indeed a scam. The first people to rez their alotted prims wins. The others - nada. So the landowner (not known for being all that up front to begin with) is assuming folks will never rez their allotted prims OR will pull the sim out with no notice (this has happened in the past). So beware folks. If it seems to good to be true -- it is.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4884 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.