Questions about SLURL's, 'Show point at' & EYEBALLS!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4728 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

First time posting here so HARLO!

I'm having some issues adjusting to viewer 2.  I've heard that LL will be doing away with viewer 1 based viewers so I figured now's a good time to go ahead and switch from phoenix to v2.  (Can't wait for Firestorm to officially be released!) I was pleasantly surprised to see that V2 (at least for me) runs much much smoother than Phoenix in terms of rez times and even movement/camera being smoother.  I greatly dislike the V2 UI.. and where some options have gone are a mystery to me.  Anyhoo on to the questions!

First question: How do I use SLURL's?  If I click on an SLURL link in viewer 2 it opens up the right-side menu.. but where do I go from there?  I've been manually typing in the name of the region and coordinates into the map to get to where I'm trying to go! >.<

Second question: Is there a way to make 'show look at' and 'show point at' stay ON in viewer 2?  Every time I log in I have to turn those options back on.  Additionally.. is there a way to show which AV the crosshairs belong to?

Third question: Is there a way to hold eyeballs still?  My eyeballs do some creepy crazy things and I know in Phoenix you could turn off 'broadcast pointer' and that would hold eyeballs still. 

Thanks in advance!

1. there should be a teleport  button located near the bottom IIRC
  2. not without editing the settings.xml file in the install directory app_settings folder... if you know the debug setting, look for the Persist value below it and change it to 1 instead of zero, there is no setting to add names to the crosshairs
  3. I haven't looked, but this page references a setting file that may still exist that can control a whole bunch of look/point behaviors

PS

the rumors you are hearing about about LL blocking v1x viewers are just that... rumors... mixed with some wishful thinking and misunderstanding. pay no attention to it until someone can actually point to an LL post that says otherwise... the only thing LL has said is that they don't support them, meaning development is stopped for that line, but they still offer v1.23 for compatibility with PPC macs and other older computers. they stated that they will continue to keep that version available, but will never update it, even for security patches.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4728 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.