Pamela Galli

What Are You Binge Watching?

The miniseries 'Unbelievable' (Netflix) with Merritt Wever and Toni Collette was good. Two strong women battling evil.  Well-made too.    * Trigger warning - rape theme *

Messiah (Netflix) looks interesting, as I'm always wondering what factors create a healthy group of people vs a destructive cult.

I might watch The Crown since it was a Golden Globe winner and the acting from Olivia Colman is no doubt great.

Working my way through "The L Word" (Showtime).

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Marigold Devin said:

Was Chernobyl on Netflix? I would really like to see that.

The Chernobyl series is on HBO, and surprisingly good.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

The miniseries 'Unbelievable' (Netflix) with Merritt Wever and Toni Collette was good. Two strong women battling evil.  Well-made too.    * Trigger warning - rape theme *

Messiah (Netflix) looks interesting, as I'm always wondering what factors create a healthy group of people vs a destructive cult.

I might watch The Crown since it was a Golden Globe winner and the acting from Olivia Colman is no doubt great.

Working my way through "The L Word" (Showtime).

The Crown is very, very good. Claire Foy and Olivia Coleman are both excellent in it.

• Like 1

Most recent binge watches: 'Gentleman Jack' and 'Fleabag', both on BBC iPlayer.

• Like 1

I can't receive broadcast TV here, so anything I watch is on Netflix, which is the only service I subscribe to. Really, though, I watch no more than an hour a day at most, just before I go to bed.  My "binge" watching of a series can take months at that rate.  Right now, I am partway through Person Of Interest, which I started sometime after Thanksgiving.  Maybe I'll finish it by Valentine's Day.  Some binge.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Luna Bliss said:

Loved it, very thought provoking and is driving the Christians crazy. (or my father anyway, he is a ordained minister.. and we are all going to hell) He said it is a false profit show and is promoting Islam ... blah.. but you know what I think? It is a BRILLIANT show and my only negative is it was too short. You HAVE to watch it to understand. The last episode makes you wonder.

Edited by Tarina Sewell
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rolig Loon said:

Right now, I am partway through Person Of Interest

Awesome show.  That was on that I faithfully watched every week when it was on regular programming.

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Awesome show.  That was on that I faithfully watched every week when it was on regular programming.

Not having access to broadcast TV, I never knew that it was on regular programming, apparently sometime about 5 years ago. It's a cool premise for a series ... the ultimate AI.

It's been so many years since I had broadcast access (or used it, when I was somewhere that I had access) that I discover a lot of "old" programs long after everyone else has forgotten about them.  It's entertainment for my end-of-the-day brain, so I don't need more than a few discoveries a year to keep me happy. 😊

Maybe we're boring but we don't have Netflix. We eat late and often just listen to music on Spotify.

Most tv stuff we just watch on catch up, but we don't watch a lot of television.

• Like 2

I go in an out of the 'TV show' mood.  I tape a lot of shows, especially from the fall lineup.  Sometimes I watch them during the actual season and sometimes I end up binge watching all episodes later, and sometimes I end up deciding that I just don't like show X enough to watch 23 episodes in order to catch up and I delete all recordings of it.   When I have lots of shows with lots of episodes taped, is when I really figure out just how much I really like a show versus how much it is just something to occupy myself with.

37 minutes ago, janetosilio said:

I just discovered this on netflix, so bad but so good!

Awesome show - creepy, but awesome.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Eva Knoller said:

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

I enjoyed this series too, especially her outfits and her 'do not die' attitude. 

• Like 1

I need something to binge watch this week. Last thing I binged was Carnival Row Season 1 and I like Rococo but not much Regency stuff. I like some sci-fi but I’m not  Dr. Who fan *gasp to these 2 utterances, terrible, I know*...I’d rather watch Blade Runner than Star Wars/Trek, and Wuthering Heights than Sense and Sensibility, I’m more of a Gothic Romance chick. Any suggestions for me, pretty please? 

6 hours ago, janetosilio said:

I just discovered this on netflix, so bad but so good!

It distresses me how many people romanticize the villain in this show on social media. Enjoy the creep factor, IGNORE the fandom.

Prison break, at the moment, for about the 8th time, but nearly done

Last week I finished Criminal MInds (the original and suspect behavior) for the...umm, I don't know how many'th time.

Here let me look at my list of shows I've being watched over the last year (yes, I keep a list, lmao):

Gold Rush,  Law and Order SVU (to the current, also one I've watched tons),  911,  Grey's Anatomy,  Eureka, ER,  Naked and Afraid (original and XL), The Great Food Truck Race,  How to get Away with Murder, Last Man on Earth, Superstore,  Born Behind Bars, Survivor, Amazing Race, The Last Ship, Lost, The Expanse  Warehouse 13, The Sanctuary,  Timeless, CSI (all versions),  The I-land,  Blacklist, the 4400, Colony, Jeremiah, iZombie, Jericho, Secret City, Designated Survivor, the 100, Between,  I'm sorry, Working Moms, Northern Rescue, the Dark, the Rain, Dark Matter....and I think I'll stop there...I have a very large list, you don't want them all lmao.

Have I mentioned I have way too much time on my hands sometimes? I also sometimes put things on as background noise while working, or doing other things (if I don't have music on).  Insomnia is a fickle female dog though, she can just go kick rocks. 

I'm hoping we get another season of The Umbrella Academy..That show is so good.

• Like 1

Over the holidays, I binged two shows that I've been wanting to watch for a while, Good Omens and Scientology - the Aftermath. 

Loved 'em both. 

Scientology is evil and I would watch David Tennant in anything, anytime. 

• Like 1