What Are You Binge Watching?

Pamela Galli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1387 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 4/4/2020 at 9:59 PM, Gage Wirefly said:

I just finished Ozark Season 3 on Netflix, after waiting what seemed like an eternity for S3 to ever show up! It did not disappoint. It is one of the best shows ever in my opinion.

Yeah its not bad but they pretty much stole loads of ideas from Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul

On 4/3/2020 at 2:04 PM, Kweopi said:

Jumpin' Jeepers!  DC publishes this?  I thought they subscribed to the Comics Code!

I've been bingeing on "how to build a guitar" videos, with occasional forays into Major Salvage Operations (e.g., Raising the Kursk).  I'd go over to Da5id's place and watch HIS stuff, but there's this lockdown crap on.

Here are a few shows I enjoyed watching: The Expanse, Altered Carbon,  Origin, See, Picard, The Witcher, Pennyworth, Black Mirror, His Dark Materials, The Man in the High Castle...and a few shows that aren`t scifi/fantasy: Taboo, Peaky Blinders, Endeavour, Vikings...oh almost forgot, Love, Death & Robots, animated series 

Barbarians Rising documentary series that really stood out to me, visually compelling and historically accurate 

If you want to have a laugh check out FutureMan and The Tick

2 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

The original WOTW was so good!  I loved those hovering Martian War Machines.  They even reused them, in "Robinson Crusoe on Mars".

I don't know if I saw the absolute original, but I did see the 2005 one with Tom Cruise and it was good. Can't access the BBC one but it looks interesting as it's set in Victorian times.

I kind of stupidly binge watched The Handmaid's Tale and just finished it up. I've read the book, ages ago, and started watching the series when it first came out, but had to stop because it was bothering me because it was too close in to the current political reality. I guess with the pandemic and me focusing more on that  instead it made the show more watchable. ?  It was a good series but still depressing.

I've also been bingeing on Classic Time Team. So if I start saying "gobsmacked" and "chuffed" in posts we can blame it on that. :)  I can understand all of them easily except Phil, but he's kinda a hoot. So hard to believe most of that stuff was shot 20+ years ago!

The other thing is Madmen. I love the clothes, and I always end up wanting a martini at the end. Also interesting is that it is so D/s (basically non consensual).  There are so many great lines in that show, "It wasn't a lie. It was ineptitude with insufficient cover." Bril.

It is no longer binge watching, but currently watching as each new episode comes out: The Curse of Oak Island and Better Call Saul.

Edited by Seicher Rae

2 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

I don't know if I saw the absolute original, but I did see the 2005 one with Tom Cruise and it was good. Can't access the BBC one but it looks interesting as it's set in Victorian times.

That was the remake.  The one I was referring to was the 1953 version:

...although of course, the famous Orson Welles 1938 radio play predates even that!

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

I am watching the Epix original War Of The Worlds. Because the covid monster coming after humanity just isn't enough...must see alien creatures attacking us...

try out Jeremiah. is just a little show about a deadly virus who killed all old people in the world.

• Thanks 1

I'm going to start on the new season of Call The Midwife (think it's up to season 10 now).  It's a good-feeling show from a simpler time, showing nurses who care for their patients in an impoverished area of London (I think) where, though poor, much joy abounds.

Edited by Luna Bliss

14 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

.although of course, the famous Orson Welles 1938 radio play predates even that!

The "live radio theatre" company I was honored to perform with recreated that broadcast a few years ago - I had a couple of bit parts and ran the FX table :)

(by "live radio theatre" I mean we performed the radio play live on stage, with a set like a radio studio, "acting as actors in a radio drama", doing all the FX live rather than using recorded effects, just the way it would have been done in the 30's, including performing vintage radio ads live and including some "off mic" banter between the "actors")

It was a total blast. Every year we did a holiday show of their Christmas Carol broadcast too - one of us could voice an AWESOME Welles and I could do an acceptable Barrymore so our roles were pretty much fixed in that production.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CheriColette said:

I binged Futureman (I think someone here recommended  it) sometimes I cringed but mostly I laughed and enjoyed it. Now wanting to find series 2

At first I thought you said "Futurama"...I binged that one!

Futurama_NextGen_Spotlight_NoLogo_1920x1

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1387 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.