Sign in to follow this  
Midnight Fenwitch

I can't hear streaming music/audio as of yesterday. Any ideas?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3378 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

7 answers to this question

I've teleported to various locations and cannot hear any stream even though I can see that the stream is playing.. I just can't hear it.

I copy and pasted the music URL from my land to my browser and I was able to listen to it through the main website. When I went to Shoutcast, however, I realized I can hear some stations and not others (that I was able to listen to before) when I play them. So, I tried to copy and paste a URL from one of the stations I was able to listen to on Shoutcast.com to my land and I still can't hear anything in world.

Get a friend to test if they can hear one on their browser that you can`t, if they can then you may need to check that everything is working ok with your computer sounds & sound card & drivers etc You can google for ways to troubleshoot them.

If you hear a stream on your browser that other people can hear inworld, there is no reason you shouldn`t be able to hear it, assuming your SL volume is switched up and you have audio enabled and turned on.

• Like 1

I was looking at an article in the knowledge base and noticed that SL uses a Mozilla app to connect to some things... Well, the other day, I deleted a Mozilla folder thinking, "I don't use Firefox anymore, I don't need that." Guess what? LoL

Anyway, I did a system restore and problem solved. Not sure if that was the exact issue... but whatever it was is fixed now.

Thank you for responding! I appreciate it!

hehe good catch, I saw system restore on a list of troubleshooting for computer sound failures just now and thought wow thats a bit drastic, obviously that was there for people that go around deleting random folders lol....Well spotted, glad your fixed :)

I also am not hearing the stream on my own land.  I hear it elsewhere, and i also can hear it if i put the stream URL directly into my browser.

I've checked settings, cleared caches.. no idea why im not hearing it.

I'm on Win 7 running viewer 2.  Same deal; my music settings are all enabled- but not hearing music stream on *any* sim.  Everything was copacetic yesteday; I didn't change, add or uninstall anything- just no music treams today, although sound effects and everything else comes through.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3378 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.