I can't hear streaming music/audio as of yesterday. Any ideas?

Midnight Fenwitch

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4816 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

As of yesterday, I have been unable to hear any streaming audio in world. I have all of my audio settings enabled and nothing is muted. I've restarted my player multiple times, nothing happens. I've uninstalled and reinstalled SL... no change... checked my firewall settings... updated my drivers... Made sure my Direct X is up to date (because I've seen posts suggesting to update it). Nothing I've tried has worked. 

I'm using Windows XP and running Viewer 2.

Can anyone help me out?

7 answers to this question

I've teleported to various locations and cannot hear any stream even though I can see that the stream is playing.. I just can't hear it.

I copy and pasted the music URL from my land to my browser and I was able to listen to it through the main website. When I went to Shoutcast, however, I realized I can hear some stations and not others (that I was able to listen to before) when I play them. So, I tried to copy and paste a URL from one of the stations I was able to listen to on Shoutcast.com to my land and I still can't hear anything in world.

Get a friend to test if they can hear one on their browser that you can`t, if they can then you may need to check that everything is working ok with your computer sounds & sound card & drivers etc You can google for ways to troubleshoot them.

If you hear a stream on your browser that other people can hear inworld, there is no reason you shouldn`t be able to hear it, assuming your SL volume is switched up and you have audio enabled and turned on.

• Like 1

I was looking at an article in the knowledge base and noticed that SL uses a Mozilla app to connect to some things... Well, the other day, I deleted a Mozilla folder thinking, "I don't use Firefox anymore, I don't need that." Guess what? LoL

Anyway, I did a system restore and problem solved. Not sure if that was the exact issue... but whatever it was is fixed now.

Thank you for responding! I appreciate it!

I'm on Win 7 running viewer 2.  Same deal; my music settings are all enabled- but not hearing music stream on *any* sim.  Everything was copacetic yesteday; I didn't change, add or uninstall anything- just no music treams today, although sound effects and everything else comes through.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4816 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.