Trigger AWAY status with script

Rowan Afterthought

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1719 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm looking for a way to trigger the little "away" text to show up in the name tag.

I have seen a friend, a long time ago, get it working in a hud. For both Away and Busy statuses...

I tried uploading an internal animation for avatar_away, but (maybe obviously) it's just the hip bend and doesn't activate true away status.

Any help would be appreciated ❤️

7 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

You're on the right track, I think, but you don't need to upload an internal animation -- just use the one that's built-in. See "away" and "busy" in the User-Playable Animations table.

I did try llStartAnimation with the uuid for away... but looking back that's not how startanim works it seems.

Is there code for forcing agent info? ...like llGetAgentInfo but changing the tags?

Edited by Rowan Afterthought

27 minutes ago, Rowan Afterthought said:

I did try llStartAnimation with the uuid for away... but looking back that's not how startanim works it seems.

Right, you just use the animation name. I had to test to make sure something hadn't changed in the years since I've seen one of these, so here's some throw-away code:

{
    state_entry()
    {
        llRequestPermissions(llGetOwner(), PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION);
    }
    run_time_permissions(integer perms)
    {
        if (PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION & perms)
        {
            llStartAnimation("away");
            llSleep(0.5);
            if (AGENT_AWAY & llGetAgentInfo(llGetPermissionsKey()))
                llWhisper(0, "away");
        }
    }
}

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

OP's question has been answered, but I'd like to add one last bit of info for completeness sake.

As we can see in the wiki page Qie referenced above, there are a number of internal animations in SL that have additional effects associated with them. In this case, playing the "away" animation will also trigger the "Away" status to be displayed in an avatar's nametag. These additional effects are hardcoded into the viewer (and server?) and not contained within the animation file itself. As such, if you download the animation files and try uploading new copies, they will not trigger those additional effects as listed in the wiki page.

Only the internal animations already built into SL will trigger the additional effects. But you can reference them by name without needing to have the assets in your object's inventory (as Qie demonstrated above).

Edited by Fenix Eldritch
  • Thanks 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1719 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.