Shoutcast Help

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4729 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, :matte-motes-big-grin-evil:

So i've gone throu the forums and wiki for help on setting up my shoutcast server, but i cant seem to get it to play on my parcel. Now im useing SAM Broadcaster and Shoutcast server. I've about a yr ago use to DJ but for some reason its not working. I could really use some help on this please. I see that my server is reciving stream, and sam is sending to that server. I think what i need is help finding if i got my url wrong or something. Any help would be nice. Thank you, I know theres a million post about this but every pc is different so ya thanks.

Type the URL you were given on a web browser, if the decoder is streaming properly you should be able to see the audio info displayed. If you cannot see the info then your configuration is wrong and you will need to check it.

P.S. Make sure you are using mp3 decoder.

I will assume that you know how to set up your stream to encode in SAM.  All of this information would be on the Server Details tab of the Encoder & Stream configuration in SAM.  If you have set that up correctly, and start encoding the stream, you should be able to hear it on your land (or through a radio if that is how you are streaming onto your land). 

If you need to test it elsewhere, send me an IM inworld with your stream URL plus server port and I will put it into my land to test.  I can do that for you.  If you can hear your music, then there is no problem with how you have setup your stream on SAM, rather, it is something else.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4729 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.