How to release land?

Stiffy Banana

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1538 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Using Firestorm viewer. Can't figure out how release my premium house so that I can cancel my subscription, since I don't really need it anymore. Would appreciate somebody giving me some instructions because I can't seem to find any obvious answers. Kind of dumb that Second Life doesn't automatically do it whenever you want to cancel the subscription.

2 answers to this question

When you're standing in the parcel (in the house or the yard) open up "About Land".  On the 'General' tab, on the bottom right hand side, there is an "Abandon Land" button. 

I believe you will get a pop-up asking you to confirm (but I'm not going to try it to find out).  Once you confirm, you cannot get the parcel back.

• Like 1

Follow Moirakathleen's simple instructions.  However, don't be surprised when you find out that your Premium membership does not revert to Basic right away when you cancel. Your membership is prepaid. If you cancel today, your membership status will change to "Pending downgrade". You will continue to have all Premium benefits (except being able to own property on the Mainland estate) until the end of the period that you have already paid for.  So, you may use Premium sandboxes, enter Premium-only areas, collect a weekly stipend, and so on.  But you will not receive a refund for all of the time that your downgrade is pending.  For that reason, it's usually wise to wait until the end of your membership period before you cancel.  You might as well still be able to enjoy your Linden Home until then.  You paid for it, after all.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1538 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.