Help: Live video streaming

brodiak90

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1564 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was hoping someone among you good people could help me! 

I was hoping to be able to set up a live stream of an educational website that I could then play in SL for my students to watch and was wondering how I would go about achieving it? Basically I want to live stream an interactive website which would be projected in world. My students could then join the lesson on their mobiles / cells / tablets etc and watch the results of their actions on the stream. 

Thank you in advance for your help!

If you are using a Nividia card you could get the Geforce experience which works really well for streaming..

I use it for videos but can stream as well..

I haven't had any problems with it ever.. But that's just how it's worked for me.. I'm sure with systems being different, the experience may vary..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Thanks 1

On 1/10/2020 at 4:59 PM, brodiak90 said:

I was hoping someone among you good people could help me! 

I was hoping to be able to set up a live stream of an educational website that I could then play in SL for my students to watch and was wondering how I would go about achieving it? Basically I want to live stream an interactive website which would be projected in world. My students could then join the lesson on their mobiles / cells / tablets etc and watch the results of their actions on the stream. 

Thank you in advance for your help!

Try MoaP (Media on a Prim). I think that is what you need.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Category:Shared_Media

Also spotted this that may be of help: https://canvas.instructure.com/courses/832470/pages/lesson-6-scripting-and-media-on-a-prim

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

If you are using a Nividia card you could get the Geforce experience which works really well for streaming..

So does OBS as a dedicated streaming software and the AMD driver's utility. 

But what's the point of streaming a website, which is supposed to be interactive anyway? 

And where are the students supposed to chime in via a mobile device?

The concept does sound like it has a few too many loops to jump... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

To clarify, the website is one I use in RL in my classrooms. The kids only need to look at the screen as that is where the questions are displayed. They then use a device (an Ipad) such as a mobile to input their answers. The screen at the front displays their scores etc. I want to be able to stream the questions into SL and then people can be looking at their monitors and looking at the screen in world whilst holding their mobiles to play. Basically I want to make my SL class more fun and interactive. 

Edited by brodiak90

1 hour ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

So does OBS as a dedicated streaming software and the AMD driver's utility. 

But what's the point of streaming a website, which is supposed to be interactive anyway? 

And where are the students supposed to chime in via a mobile device?

The concept does sound like it has a few too many loops to jump... 

It would probably be better to ask him his intentions than me.. I was just suggesting if he had a NVIDIA card that he could use their software like everyone else in here making suggestions.

He could live stream from youtube for example, as he reacted with the website from media on a prim within SL as his students watched him live in SL.

The point could be that he wants to hold a class in SL using his avatar, with people outside of SL..He may be the only one using the interactive site,while they communicate from the stream,or they could also be interacting with the site all at the same time,him in world and them not..

He may just be wanting to hold the class from SL, because all of his students don't all use SL..

• Thanks 1

Use media on prim or buy one of the TVs on the marketplace, then set the link to direct the viewers to your website. Make sure you tell your audience or students to enable media. Be aware that some web features might not work as well with SL's built-in browser / media browser

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1564 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.