Banned on sim.

NorthernNeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1565 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I’m really not sure if this is where i need to put this. If not I’m sorry. So last night i had to ban someone from my sim,(which i made into a community mind you) does it automatically remove their stuff that is on my sim? Or no. Because I’m getting told by someone that i returned, EVERYTHING of theirs, when in reality, it was just stuff that was on my parcel that i returned (she decorated two rooms in my house and have decorated my granddaughters house. 

HELP PLEASE.

thank you 

Just now, AvaIynn said:

I’m really not sure if this is where i need to put this. If not I’m sorry. So last night i had to ban someone from my sim,(which i made into a community mind you) does it automatically remove their stuff that is on my sim? Or no. Because I’m getting told by someone that i returned, EVERYTHING of theirs, when in reality, it was just stuff that was on my parcel that i returned (she decorated two rooms in my house and have decorated my granddaughters house. 

HELP PLEASE.

thank you 

no banning alone does not remove items from the region, you can use the "about land" to check parcels, or area search for region wide (firestorm) ( or any other setting you can adjust)

3 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

no banning alone does not remove items from the region, you can use the "about land" to check parcels, or area search for region wide (firestorm) ( or any other setting you can adjust)

Thank you! This girl is trying to say that i returned everything at once. My grand daughter was mad considering she paid for this person to  decorate her house. 

2 minutes ago, AvaIynn said:

Thank you! This girl is trying to say that i returned everything at once. My grand daughter was mad considering she paid for this person to  decorate her house. 

if you hire somebody to decorate, and the items are his/hers, those will remain their property, unless it's transferable and they sell it to you.
Some decorators give their customers a shopping list, and only move the items to their right place. In this last case, you'll be full owner.

Banning someone won't return their stuff, but you seem to be saying you returned their stuff as well as banning them.

Is you sim divided up into parcels? If you just banned them from one parcel, then they could go to the parcels on the sim they weren't banned from and return their own stuff in revenge from those parcels.

1 minute ago, Alwin Alcott said:

if you hire somebody to decorate, and the items are his/hers, those will remain their property, unless it's transferable and they sell it to you.
Some decorators give their customers a shopping list, and only move the items to their right place. In this last case, you'll be full owner.

Even if they are banned correct? It will stay on their property? Until i(the sim owner) returns it, or the parcel owner returns it?

3 minutes ago, Aethelwine said:

Banning someone won't return their stuff, but you seem to be saying you returned their stuff as well as banning them.

Is you sim divided up into parcels? If you just banned them from one parcel, then they could go to the parcels on the sim they weren't banned from and return their own stuff in revenge from those parcels.

They are on the regions ban list. And i just returned the stuff that was on my parcel, not the others. That was last night. This morning(afternoonish) my granddaughter said her stuff was proofing one thing at a time.

2 minutes ago, AvaIynn said:

Even if they are banned correct? It will stay on their property? Until i(the sim owner) returns it, or the parcel owner returns it?

Yes, even if someone is banned from a parcel or region nothing is returned unless the owner of the parcel or region (or management) does so deliberately. Things just don't return to someone's inventory on their own.

1 minute ago, AvaIynn said:

They are on the regions ban list. And i just returned the stuff that was on my parcel, not the others. That was last night. This morning(afternoonish) my granddaughter said her stuff was proofing one thing at a time.

Is there an adjacent region they can cam across to yours from? If so then it sounds like they were maybe on the next sim cammed over returning their own stuff in revenge

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Aethelwine said:

Is there an adjacent region they can cam across to yours from? If so then it sounds like they were maybe on the next sim cammed over returning their own stuff in revenge

No there is not! I assumed that she got on another account and returned all the stuff. 

12 minutes ago, AvaIynn said:

No there is not! I assumed that she got on another account and returned all the stuff. 

Yep, that's what I would do. I give most of my alts full edit rights over my stuff - mostly so I can redecorate without having to run around.

But if somebody managed to ban me from a plot I had my stuff on, it would let me get my stuff back.

actions -> consequences.

If you hire someone to decorate in future, make sure they do it with YOUR stuff, not theirs. One easy way is to...

get a shopping list from them, buy all the stuff, rez it... give them ability to move it, but never turn on rezzing rights.

AnyoneMove.png

Set that while they're decorating, then uncheck it after they're done.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 1

Well it depends on the circumstances, I suppose, but I really can't think of a circumstance that would provoke me to take revenge on a third party over a banning. I think that is pretty shoddy thing to do. And the responsibility lies with the person that returned the stuff.

But as Garnet says I wouldn't worry too much over it, it might be painful initially but you will be stronger afterwards for having redecorated yourself or by someone nicer.

I have been in a similar circumstance, not with a banning but one of the builders of a bike sim got upset about something or other and returned months of their work building the sim, gutting most of the roads on a sim that was paid for collectively. Outcome of that was me and a few others took pity and worked pretty much flat out for a week to rebuild the sim and make it better.

Edited by Aethelwine
  • Like 2

Oh no, i didn’t want to kee

2 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I don't understand wanting to keep items belonging to someone you banned.  If I ban someone I clear their presence out completely or I feel contaminated. :D 

oh no i didn’t want to keep it. Haha it was my granddaughter. The “owner” of the business is trying to tell her i removed all of the stuff with  said decorators name. Thats why I’m trying to figure out if i banned someone if their stuff gets auto returned. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Yep, that's what I would do. I give most of my alts full edit rights over my stuff - mostly so I can redecorate without having to run around.

But if somebody managed to ban me from a plot I had my stuff on, it would let me get my stuff back.

actions -> consequences.

If you hire someone to decorate in future, make sure they do it with YOUR stuff, not theirs. One easy way is to...

get a shopping list from them, buy all the stuff, rez it... give them ability to move it, but never turn on rezzing rights.

AnyoneMove.png

Set that while they're decorating, then uncheck it after they're done.

I only banned her, because she started slandering my name and community, after i stupidly paid 6k for her to two rooms in my house, and she half assed did the job on the living room. She’s butt-hurt because of that. I mean like i said i don’t even care if the stuff is gone. I’m just trying to prove a point “you can ban someone and their stuff will still stay on the sim” lol i banned her last night. This afternoon, my granddaughter’s living room started proofing one piece at a time. Then tried blaming it me returning everything to the decorator that was on my sim, when it wasn’t the whole sim it was just my parcel. Lol

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1565 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.