When RL imitates SL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1566 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

23 minutes ago, Fushichou Mfume said:

New Halsey video features a live-action depiction of like every dance party in SL.

I dunno. They look like they're having waaaaaay more fun that I ever do at clubs.

Maybe I'm going to the wrong places?

(PS. And the video makes absolutely no sense in the context of the lyrics. It's like they couldn't think of how to do it, and some bright soul just said "Hey, let's put a whole lot of beautiful half-naked people together in a big pile! Oh yeah. And a naked woman on a horse! Gotta have one of those!")

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

the video makes absolutely no sense in the context of the lyrics

I had to turn the music down because the clash was so jarring I couldn't watch it with the music. I did like the Lady Godiva silhouette though.

If that's the kind of thing people are wearing to clubs in SL I'm glad I quit going to them years ago. lol

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Profaitchikenz Haiku said:

You know you've gone over the top when you're wandering along the street, see something amusing, and say "LOL" or "ROFL" out loud.

I used to say roflcopter out loud all the time  when someone would mess up or trip and a chain reaction would follow..things like that..

I'd point and be like, AH Ha roflcopter!! then just start laughing.

32 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I dunno. They look like they're having waaaaaay more fun that I ever do at clubs.

Maybe I'm going to the wrong places?

(PS. And the video makes absolutely no sense in the context of the lyrics. It's like they couldn't think of how to do it, and some bright soul just said "Hey, let's put a whole lot of beautiful half-naked people together in a big pile! Oh yeah. And a naked woman on a horse! Gotta have one of those!")

Lady Godiva, Shania Twain, and maybe,Jessica Alba from Sin City.

I'm gonna have to watch it again and see if there is some sort of link with all that..

The other just looked like they were warming up for an orgy or something  hehehehe

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fushichou Mfume said:

New Halsey video features a live-action depiction of like every dance party in SL. Literally all the dancers look like they're dressed in the current "club wear" fashions and hairstyles straight out of SL. Once you see it, you can't un-see it. Enjoy!

She totally got her hair (the first one, with the cowboy hat) from No Match.

200110_002.png.9a976f73345e83ccf196c43ca3233f7d.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fushichou Mfume said:

New Halsey video features a live-action depiction of like every dance party in SL.

Not even close. 

1. She is not bumped into the door frame, not even once and didn't tyed to walk it the wall in the hope that might solve it. 

2. There is no lag. 

3. No unintentionally bumping into other people. 

4. No werdo (me) standing in the dance floor staring a half naked girl. 

5. Nobody has a box on their hand/head. 

6. Nobody is being for money. 

7. No 💩i gestures. 

But the rest is pretty close. 

While it might be a RL music video, it is definitely not RL in any other way.  I have never seen folks dressed like that or dancing like that in any country music bar I've ever been in - in RL.  

In SL... yeah totally.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I used to say roflcopter out loud all the time  when someone would mess up or trip and a chain reaction would follow..things like that..

I'd point and be like, AH Ha roflcopter!! then just start laughing.

I have actually said "lol" out loud...

in public where it was heard by others.  [\spoiler]

:$

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1566 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.