Having trouble with an Open Collar

Rumancekk

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1536 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't know if it's just this, or every single Open Collar... I got a free one from the MP called Zipper Collar or something. I do not care about RLV, first of all. I have no interest. I just wanted the collar so my friend could lead me when I lag and am unable to walk through a sim.

But it has so many problems. I cannot control my own collar. Everything I try to do, I get an 'access denied' notification. I tried to turn RLV off because it says it's not supported on the viewer, typed in the command and got 'access denied.' I can't edit who's on my list of collar owners. I get an access denied while capture is active or something. It makes it really inconvenient when I need to give a leash to another person and the original 'owner' isn't online.

So are all of them like this? Are they all basically impossible to configure?

9 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

If RLV isn't supported by the viewer you use... then... it isn't supported...

I dont' know much about RLV but I still don't understand why I can't turn it off on my collar. Like I said, I don't care about RLV. I just want to be able to use the collar.

This is the message I get:

[10:34] {BI} Zipper Collar - Grungy  (C/M/NT):

RLV appears to be not currently activated in your viewer. There will be no further attempted handshakes "@versionnew=293847" until the next time you log in. To permanently turn RLV off, type "/1 ru rlv off" but keep in mind that you will have to manually enable it if you wish to use it in the future.

(After I typed in /1 ru rlv off)

[10:35] {BI} Zipper Collar - Grungy  (C/M/NT): Access Denied to changing rlv

Sounds like you need to turn on RLV in your viewer's preferences; if your using Firestorm then Preferences > Firestorm > Extras > then tick: Allow Remote Scripted Viewer Controls (RLVa); other viewers then no clue.

Edited by MrsSeren

5 minutes ago, MrsSeren said:

Sounds like you need to turn on RLV in your viewer's preferences; if your using Firestorm then Preferences > Firestorm > Extras > then tick: Allow Remote Scripted Viewer Controls (RLVa); other viewers then no clue.

I didn't even realize that was a thing in Firestorm. I'm hoping it will make my collar work for at least myself I just thought it was weird I basically couldn't use it or disable RLV.

wasn't sure if it was just this collar or all open collars. but it said it has an open collar script on it so I thought it might have been a thing with all of them and I just can't figure out how to work them.

33 minutes ago, Rumancekk said:

I didn't even realize that was a thing in Firestorm. I'm hoping it will make my collar work for at least myself I just thought it was weird I basically couldn't use it or disable RLV.

wasn't sure if it was just this collar or all open collars. but it said it has an open collar script on it so I thought it might have been a thing with all of them and I just can't figure out how to work them.

I have  an opencollar, you need that setting in preferences for it to work though once you have it ticked; you will need to relog and you should be hopefully good to go!  As that only thing I can think of you should need to do so here's hoping it works for you! :) 

1 hour ago, MrsSeren said:

I have  an opencollar, you need that setting in preferences for it to work though once you have it ticked; you will need to relog and you should be hopefully good to go!  As that only thing I can think of you should need to do so here's hoping it works for you! :) 

I enabled it and I still cannot access my owner list. It keeps telling me 'access denied while capture is active' but idk how to make that NOT active.

edit:

i found that someone had me captured. i pressed release on the capture thing. it told me access denied. I had the person who captured me try to release me. it just said 'access denied because I'm already captured'.

Edited by Rumancekk

Rumancekk, probably best to reset the scripts in the collar and start over

right-click Edit the collar.  menu (top of your screen)  Build \ Scripts \ Reset scripts

after doing this then on the collar add yourself as your own Owner before adding anyone else. This allows you full control of the collar. No matter who else you add/invite afterwards to be Owner/Trusted/Open

It appears you are trying to do things with RLV without having any idea of how it works.

On 1/10/2020 at 11:01 AM, Rumancekk said:

I don't know if it's just this, or every single Open Collar... I got a free one from the MP called Zipper Collar or something. I do not care about RLV, first of all. I have no interest. I just wanted the collar so my friend could lead me when I lag and am unable to walk through a sim.

[...snip...]

So are all of them like this? Are they all basically impossible to configure?

A collar and leash are not going to help you walk through a laggy sim. If you can't walk through a sim, figure out why. RLV can't stop you if it is disabled.

Everything RLV requires RLV to be enabled in a viewer that supports RLV. Configuring RLV requires RLV...

The idea with RLV is it allows scripts within the world to control the viewer. Normally that is a security risk. RLV is designed to give you control or allow you to give control to another. So, doing teleports without lots of clicks (the Stargate network relies on RLV. New networks use Experiences.), adding or removing clothes, dragging someone around on a leash... 

A collar manual is here https://www.opencollar.at/manual.html

My a little longer explanation of RLV is here 

A longer explanation is here http://blog.nalates.net/2016/06/27/second-life-tutorial-rlv-mesh-and-folders-how-it-works-how-to-use/

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1536 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.