xD00MIEx

Display name reverted by itself?

Question

Is this a common thing to happen on Firestorm? cause It reverted to normal after like an hour, and i had JUST changed it.

4 answers to this question

It's likely that you tried a Display Name that uses illegal characters.  Some people do that -- using high-bit characters that look fancy to replace real letters of the alphabet.  Those are very difficult for scripts (and people) to read.  Some of them cause enough difficulty that the system will simply reject a name that uses them.  I suggest sticking to the standard font and using only alphanumeric characters.

4 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

It's likely that you tried a Display Name that uses illegal characters.  Some people do that -- using high-bit characters that look fancy to replace real letters of the alphabet.  Those are very difficult for scripts (and people) to read.  Some of them cause enough difficulty that the system will simply reject a name that uses them.  I suggest sticking to the standard font and using only alphanumeric characters.

well crap. I have to friggin wait a week again... :/ Wish i could revert it to the name I had before changing it

Yeah, frustrating but not the end of the world.  A week goes by pretty fast when you have other things to do.  😉

1 hour ago, xD00MIEx said:

well crap. I have to friggin wait a week again... :/ Wish i could revert it to the name I had before changing it

if you own a group you can always use a role title as temporary display name replacement.

• Like 1