MarketPlace Question: When were items added?

Taern905

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1567 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

You can see the item listing number at the end of the address, like here:

https ://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/XYZExample/123456789

You would have to have some reference point to determine the actual listing date. For instance, today 1 9 2020, the newest listing (at this writing) is 18769166.  The oldest listing is 39787. So you can take a look at the reference number on the item you are curious about and make an estimation from that. I've done it when I'm curious - but since I'm a merchant I can look at my own listing dates and get a much better approximation (i.e., an item I listed on 9 10 2014 was the 6376763rd item listed on the MP - so I can use that method for approximating dates of other items).  For a non-merchant, I think it's probably going to be very frustrating - in that case, the easiest way would be to ask the Merchant.

• Like 1

Things that have a see in-world link will get you to a vender in-world and editing that vendor will often let you get the properties of the contents. That doesn't work with some vending machines.

Also, if you can no longer find the merchant in search or their shop... then it is likely old.

If the listing has pictures, those pictures contain the unix time they were uploaded to the server.

Right clicking the listing page background and choosing "View Page Source" will show this data.

This is the best reference you have at the moment until LL adds listing creation/update dates to the listing page, something that's been in discussion for some time now.

The ability to search by date range or listing age is also something that has been discussed.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1567 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.